Black Money Business Jobs : Rev. Jesse Jackson Announces 2016 Wall Street Project Economic Summit

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015

Maxine Leftwich, Executive Director of Wall Street Project 2016

Thousands of corporate executives, minority entrepreneurs, and community leaders are expected to attend the Wall Street Project Economic Summit, which will take place in New York City on February 16–18, 2016.

The Rev. Jesse L. Jackson, who with the Citizenship Education Fund founded the Wall Street Project in 1996, says the Project encourages Corporate America to recognize the value that minority entrepreneurs, vendors, and consumers bring to the marketplace and ensure equal access and opportunities for culturally diverse companies, consumers, and employee.

“The Wall Street Project is not an end in itself, or a means to an end, but an evolutionary process,” says Rev. Jackson. “The road to shared economic security travels through two-way trade, where all are included and none is left behind. Just as America did not realize how good professional sports could be until athletes of all colors could play, American business will not maximize its growth potential until all businesses have an equal opportunity to compete on an even playing field, where the rules are public and the goals are clear. That is the goal of the Wall Street Project.”

Rev. Jackson announced that he has named Wall Street veteran Maxine Leftwich as executive director of the Wall Street Project for 2016. “Maxine understands the issues and challenges that African Americans and other minorities face on Wall Street and throughout the corporate world, for the finance industry has been her life and career,” he says. “She is ideally suited to guide us in tackling today’s relevant issues so we can forge ahead and break through the barriers that we as a people face.”

Read more
http://www.blackenterprise.com/news/rev-jesse-jackson-announces-2016-wall-street-project-economic-summit/

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Maxine Leftwich, Executive Director of Wall Street Project 2016

Thousands of corporate executives, minority entrepreneurs, and community leaders are expected to attend the Wall Street Project Economic Summit, which will take place in New York City on February 16–18, 2016.

The Rev. Jesse L. Jackson, who with the Citizenship Education Fund founded the Wall Street Project in 1996, says the Project encourages Corporate America to recognize the value that minority entrepreneurs, vendors, and consumers bring to the marketplace and ensure equal access and opportunities for culturally diverse companies, consumers, and employee.

“The Wall Street Project is not an end in itself, or a means to an end, but an evolutionary process,” says Rev. Jackson. “The road to shared economic security travels through two-way trade, where all are included and none is left behind. Just as America did not realize how good professional sports could be until athletes of all colors could play, American business will not maximize its growth potential until all businesses have an equal opportunity to compete on an even playing field, where the rules are public and the goals are clear. That is the goal of the Wall Street Project.”

Rev. Jackson announced that he has named Wall Street veteran Maxine Leftwich as executive director of the Wall Street Project for 2016. “Maxine understands the issues and challenges that African Americans and other minorities face on Wall Street and throughout the corporate world, for the finance industry has been her life and career,” he says. “She is ideally suited to guide us in tackling today’s relevant issues so we can forge ahead and break through the barriers that we as a people face.”

Read more
http://www.blackenterprise.com/news/rev-jesse-jackson-announces-2016-wall-street-project-economic-summit/

Good stuff, thanks for the drop ... For some reason, this makes me think of Black Wall Street (Little Africa). Hopefully, this action could possibly lead to a resurgence, similarly experienced in Tulsa, Okla.

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
Good stuff, thanks for the drop ... For some reason, this makes me think of Black Wall Street (Little Africa). Hopefully, this action could possibly lead to a resurgence, similarly experienced in Tulsa, Okla.

I hope so. But, doesn't it seem like it's always AAs trying to create bonds with other minorities? Am I missing something?

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
I hope so. But, doesn't it seem like it's always AAs trying to create bonds with other minorities? Am I missing something?

Certainly not, you aren't missing a thing, and this proves your point:

says the Project encourages Corporate America to recognize the value that minority entrepreneurs, vendors, and consumers bring to the marketplace and ensure equal access and opportunities for culturally diverse companies, consumers, and employee.

So, now we are going to Corporate America and almost begging them to recognize us as potential partners. Look, listen, e'er body knows that black folk spend money, religiously. Even Black Wall Street makes the case for us. But as you say, here we are again, trying to bond, rather than stepping out on our own.

But nevertheless, this move is something in the right direction.

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
Certainly not, you aren't missing a thing, and this proves your point:

says the Project encourages Corporate America to recognize the value that minority entrepreneurs, vendors, and consumers bring to the marketplace and ensure equal access and opportunities for culturally diverse companies, consumers, and employee.

So, now we are going to Corporate America and almost begging them to recognize us as potential partners. Look, listen, e'er body knows that black folk spend money, religiously. Even Black Wall Street makes the case for us. But as you say, here we are again, trying to bond, rather than stepping out on our own.

But nevertheless, this move is something in the right direction.

Agreed.

umbrarchist

Jun 13, 2007

Monetary

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Dec 15, 2002
Detroit, MI
members.blackplanet.com
Occupation
Economist
OK, so what was the result?

Googling indicated Jesse Jackson has a Net Worth of $10,000,000. Has he ever suggested that accounting be mandatory in high school for Black kids? What would have happened if Malcolm X and MLK had suggested that in the 60s?

Black Man's Burden (1961) by Mack Reynolds
http://sfgospel.typepad.com/sf_gospel/2008/08/mack-reynolds-on-africa-islam-utopia-and-progress.html
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/32390/32390-h/32390-h.htm

um

Yeah...this is a great idea by Rev. Jackson. I, too, would like to know the result of these efforts since it began in 1996. More importantly, I would also like to know of any plans to go beyond what is presented here.

Good idea, though.

Monetary

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
A 20-year old project that, on the surface, sounds good but what have been the outcomes and successes made so far and what's the 2016 strategy?

Bro. Clyde wrote:

I'm a skeptic when it comes to Rev. Jackson, just never have been a big fan of his. And given what Bro. Clyde wrote which made my heart race, I would much rather see efforts made and energies placed in teaching AA's about their economic power and how to control it, direct it and use it to leverage the AA community on Wall Street to empower the AA community. We need to learn about and fully understand how money works.

Henry Ford (1863-1947), the American industrialist and pioneer of the assembly-line production method, stated:
“It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.”

Understanding Money 101

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
Second thought...there shouldn't be an "either, or" as my earlier message may have implied. There can be a "and" in this situation. So let Jesse do what Jesse is doing and hope progress can be actualized, while at the same time, AA's are educating themselves about the monetary system and how they have tremendous power over the establishment if they would wisely control their spending/investment of their money.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

1619+400=2019 Jamestown Virginia...end of slavery. (Yes modern miseducation and injustices count as slavery) But no proper reparations will be given since the amount of contributions beyond humanity transcends generations. Our people have history that is equal to trillions of dollars including Melanin research and its supernatural power.
I want my people to be aware of this dilemma regarding the upcoming election... I know politics. Yes Trump is admitting the truth about Black People building this so called country corporation (The United States). But you must understand that what they're planning on doing is to divide and conquer. This is all just for him to get re-elected. He's going to promise reparations and reneg at the last minute.
Ifypedro334 wrote on Jasica Adam's profile.
The best gift to give a baby boy is ??
Lon
Trying to find my way around on this forum. It's not User Friendly
Happily Married and doing well❤