Black Positive People : Rev. Jackson: Phil Robertson 'More Offensive' Than Rosa Parks Bus Driver

Discussion in 'Black People Doing Positive Things' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
    In the Spirit of Sankofa,

Rev. Jackson: Phil Robertson 'More Offensive' Than Rosa Parks Bus Driver

[​IMG]

esse Jackson has decided to weigh in on the inflammatory comments that Phil Robertson made to GQ about gays and African Americans.
    In an interview with Drew Magary, the "Duck Dynasty" star said the Nazis needed Jesus, that he never saw the mistreatment of African Americans while growing up in Louisiana before the civil rights era and that homosexuality was a sin.
    A&E has already suspended Robertson, but Reverend Jackson, his Rainbow PUSH Coalition and GLAAD are demanding to meet with network execs, along with ******* Barrel's CEO, to discuss the future of all "Duck Dynasty" memorabilia or content.

[​IMG]

Jesse Jackson blasts 'Duck Dynasty' star

http://news.yahoo.com/rev-jackson-phil-robertson-39-more-offensive-39-163444371.html

2. CosmicMessenger

CosmicMessenger Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +945
    When in doubt....follow God.

The Word of God:

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Deuteronomy 22:5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

3. CosmicMessenger

United States
    Ratings:
    +945
    I don't know what Phil Robertson said about blacks, but whatever it was, it shouldn't be lumped in with what he said about homosexuals.

They are two different things.

4. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    Not to Duck-boy who did the "lumping":

I heard yesterday that C.r.a.c.k.e.r Barrel is reaffirming its contract with da duck, or something. But that's not surprising. ******* Barrel was loaded with homosexual managers at most of its restaurants in the beginning. It was gays who brought it to its prominence today. In the late 1980s/early 1990's and once the money started rolling in and number of restaurants grew, however, they "purged" their stores of homosexual management AND workers.

5. CosmicMessenger

United States
    Ratings:
    +945
    Hi Kadijah, sweetie!

I hope you've been doing well.

I may be mistaken, but I believe that Phil Robertson's assertion that he never saw mistreatment of black americans in the south was based on his own experiences.

The whole world knows that blacks suffered in the south as well as the north.

They should focus only on the statement he made about gays and not try to confuse the issue by bringing up that other stuff!

6. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    I'm doing well and hope you are too. Although I suggest you go light on the "sweetie" around here.:11100:

At any rate, the man said what he said and old as his behind is, he saw "mistreatment" of blacks and thought nothing wrong with it.

7. CosmicMessenger

United States
    Ratings:
    +945
    Glad to hear you're doing well, but that's not what he said, Kadijah.

That's why I said that they are two separate issues and should never be lumped together.

The black struggle has long been piggybacked by the supporters of gays.

8. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    He brought up THREE issues - don't forget the Nazis..... which he lumped in with black folk.

But, I know what you mean about the piggybacking. Thing is, EVERYBODY piggybacks off the struggles of blacks in America, not just gays. Illegals are the biggest offenders if you ask me. You know that pregnant Mexican illegals sneak across the border to have their babies (they then 'sneak' out of the hospital to avoid paying the bill... but that's another topic). You also know that because the babies are born on American soil, that makes them automatic U.S. citizens. But do you know "why"?

I do.

They're piggybacking off the struggles of not just us, today, but our ancestors, as well. So gays coming along for a free ride on the bus our blood and sweat built is nothing new.

But, yea. I get your frustration.

9. CosmicMessenger

United States
    Ratings:
    +945
    There ARE no bigger offenders than those who offend the Almighty God, but i'm glad that you see my point.

:)

10. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
    In the Spirit of Update,

‘Duck Dynasty’ Pastor: Phil Robertson Sticking With Show

[​IMG]

Mike Kellett doesn’t believe Robertson has had enough
    Phil Robertson’s pastor says he doesn’t think the “Duck Dynasty” patriarch wants to give up on the show that has suspended him for anti-gay remarks.
    After his suspension last week, other members of the “Duck Dynasty” clan said they “cannot imagine” doing the show without him.

http://www.thewrap.com/duck-dynasty-pastor-phil-robertson-sticking-show/