Black People : Restarting Our Health.

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by happy69, Sep 19, 2003.

1. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    I run and do weight training; but since I had suffered chrondomalacia for a couple of months can't get back on track... so I have begun riding my bike...Anyway, last week I did this fast- and this has worked better than any fast I have ever done before... I usually do a 2 week fast each year before winter; it works... (just drinking water/tea)... I don't catch colds...

This fast came out of the book POWER YOGA, by Baron Baptiste

7 Day Cleansing Diet

Days 1/2: am - one glass of warm water with a 1/2 lemon squeezed in...you may add 1 tsp. honey to sweeten
    breakfast - fresh fruit/fresh juice/ or h2o...or yogurt if you eat dairy and as much herbal tea as you wish

lunch- make largest meal... have 1 protein, fish, skinless chicken,tofu...(steamed, poached or baked)
    1 whole grain...rice or whole grain bread
    as much salad/ fresh veggies as you like....h2o/herbal tea
    snack - any fresh fruit or veggies

dinner- 1 protein, 1 whole grain and as much salad/ veggies as like.......h2o/ herbal tea

Days 3-5
    as much fresh fruits/ freshly squeezed juices as you want... you can eat yogurt (if want) freeze it is good for variety or make a smoothie with some fresh fruit and fresh juice.. mash and freeze bananas for ice cream...also can drink as much water/herbal tea as you like....

I HAD SO MUCH ENERGY...MY METABOLISM WAS ON FIRE...AND IT REALLY CLEARED MY HEAD!!! BUT BY DAY 3 FRUIT WAS BORING.

Days 6-7
    A replay of days 1 and 2....YOU WILL FEEL GREAT!!!

DAY 8-
    RETURN SLOWLY TO EATING.... STICK WITH EATING CLEANLY...GOD KNOWS IF YOU BEGIN BY EATING SOMETHING THAT YOU HAD NOT FOR 7 DAYS LIKE A HAMBURGER... OR NUTS OR SOMETHING... YOU WILL NOT ONLY RUIN THE CLEANSING... YOU WILL FEEL SICK.

ARTICLES OR INTEREST:
    http://www.tonybrownsites.com/tonybrown/uploads/documents/howlong.htm

http://www.tonybrownsites.com/tonybrown/uploads/documents/foodchart.htm