Black Poetry : Rest In Peace My Friend

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by Aaliyahmonet, May 21, 2002.

1. Aaliyahmonet

Aaliyahmonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +15
    Rest in peace my friend, you will never be forgotten, by all the people that loved you, respected you, and cared for you. You were more than a friend to me, before you were my worst enemy, you came to me, with anything, whateva was on your mind, you took the time, to tell me the things you needed help with, and all the problems that you dealt with. I'm sorry for all the pain and trama we had to go through as childhood buddies, it wasn't your fault that you had to live alone without me being there for you, you know it's true, thats why I dedicate my life and my god-giving soul to you. I love you, and I shall miss you, throughout the days ahead, when god sent you to him, to be in heaven, you in a whole different world, with a new perspective, and how you think about life, its intellectual. You had god-given talent, you became who you wanted to be, a smart, intelligent person, raised out the ghetto from the streets, it's not easy being by yourself, without no one there to lend you a helping hand, i hope you understand where i'm coming from, you may think that life ain't worth livin for, until you pray to god, and thank him for the life that you had lived, not only for yourself, for others, your family, friends, and others. Just remember no matter if the sun don't shine, or if the clouds devour in the rain, you'll never be mistaken as a devine and mutual friend. Rest in peace my friend, as we shall meet again in eternal life. :angel1:

2. shaz

shaz Well-Known Member MEMBER

business/management
    Ratings:
    +1
    Nobody can truly say that they understand exactly how another soul may feel at the loss of a friend or loved one, but for what it is worth I do feel you
    The catharsis of poetry allows us to say goodbye when finally we decide to punctuate the cry with pen and thought as we script our last goodbye.

3. IckytheIcicle

IckytheIcicle New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    An inspiring poem. Absent is the use of the common iambic pentameter but present is....a poem that flows with emotion..and it discerns feelings of empathy. A beautiful poem.It consoles the hearts of those that may have experienced the similiar pain and grief.