Black Men : Responsibility

Discussion in 'Black Men - Fathers - Brothers - Sons' started by We, Sep 9, 2005.

1. We

We Well-Known Member MEMBER

Nationbuilding
    Ratings:
    +11
    For what do you, Afrikan man, believe you should be held responsible?

Peace,
    Lazarus
    Sons Of The Diaspora

2. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    I feel i am responsible for myself and my community and for the people are involved with me, and for others in the diaspora

3. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    I am responsible for my mind, my choices, my temple, and everything else relative to my own senses.

CD

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    Responsible for my action , my inner community, my family, my people and all
    that surround me in this common goal we struggling in , for the rising childrens
    and black awareness our brotherhood and sisterhood .

5. Dual Karnayn

Dual Karnayn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Lazarus

Hmmm....

Excellent question.

Are you talking naturally, or in actuality?

Naturally, I feel it's a man's responsibility to provide for and protect the women and children in his family.

But in actuality, I feel I should be held responsible only for the duties I was charged with and given the resouces to keep.

The reason why I made that difference is because Black men in this society haven't been given the proper resources and support to adequately support our natural responsibilities as men.

6. We

We Well-Known Member MEMBER

Nationbuilding
    Ratings:
    +11
    I agree. I echo the above statements. Responsiblity for self, family, and community. (I find it interesting that each of these areas are dependent on each other in some form.)

Dual Karnayn bring us an interest point...

If we agree that is true, would our primary responsiblity then become to indentify and acquire these resources?

7. Dual Karnayn

Dual Karnayn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Lazarus

Most definately brutha.

Infact, it's absolutely necessary for our survival.

And it is part of a natural priority of desires.

For example:

Your responsibility is to pay your rent, car note, and feed your children.

But you if were jobless and had no other means of support; then your FIRST responsibility would be to get a job/business to bring in some money so that you can take care of your other responsibilities.

Since Black men don't have the resources and KNOWLEDGE to provide for and protect his women and children at this point.
    Our entire focus should be on gaining both the resources and the knowledge to USE those resources properly so that we can provide for and protect them.

The reason why I included "knowledge" is because some may attempt to argue that we as Black men in America already have every resource needed at our disposal but just aren't taking advantage of them. I don't believe this is entirely true, but some do.

But even if we DID have all the necessary resources, we certainly don't have the knowledge of how to use them properly.

We have money....but waste it in shoes and cars.

We have guns....but use them to kill eachother.

We have women....but AB-use them.

So we lack the knowledge of how to properly use the resourced we do have at our disposal.

Sorry for rambling...lol.

8. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    Great question and post.

Responsibility involves

Family – Immediate family. Reading with and to your children. Praying for and with your family

Self – That includes control of your emotions and interface that you have with family and others.

Good use of Resources – Savings, credit, home, car, health, and the conscience attention to safeguard another’s personal property

Creating Peace – In the home, in the community and across the nation.

Being responsible with your time. – Another’s time as well. Not wasting another’s time

Voting – So that your opinion and wishes are part of a collective interest

Keeping good records

Keep promises and follow up when needed to allow those depending on me to make other plans or arrangements

" Since Black men don't have the resources and KNOWLEDGE to provide for and protect his women and children at this point. Our entire focus should be on gaining both the resources and the knowledge to USE those resources properly so that we can provide for and protect them. "

Resources would equate to money. Wishing and desire alone changes nothing. Looking around will not change the situation. Praying without effort to gain access or information related to securing that change will result in unanswered prayer.

God does grant prayer request, but thru your efforts and others and they must be sought out. ( If you want a job. Prepare your resume and carry it around with you for two weeks. In a folder ready to present. In that two weeks an opportunity will present it’s self ) He will move you and those who can help you and soften their heart to your needs. Giving a man a fish to eat teaches him nothing. Teaching him how to fish and if it shows promise and some success that man will now have that knowledge to continue and grow.

How should we start showing our brothers to fish? Ask me if I know you will know. Or I may know of a resource.

Information is more available today by way of the internet. One must stay current in more than the latest fashion trend, car and slang expression.

Knowledge is available to all who seek it. By asking questions and making inquiries one can better use what is within their reach to further their progression. Today using the internet one can lobby legislators. Check resources like Job Corp for some educational training. Not that it will bring change but it does bring to their attention your needs and concerns. Ask for what you want.

Share what is on your mind.

9. Sodwn2earth

Sodwn2earth Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +3
    Posted by Hodee
    Wow, that's great that you feel you owe your attention to all of these areas. What a task. One thing that's always been real, black men don't have an easy load. The same goes for black woman, but together we can achieve.

10. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    indeed knowledge is the power key to use
    not everyone lack it and use it to there perfection
    but the teaching will grace it all to be known
    as a black man , thy family , children , wife
    and self action is a major responsibility