Black People : Respecting your elders too much

Sounds like a personal problem*

Hotep

Some things are best kept to our-self espishly when we are un-thankful and selfish...our words can not help not even our selves let alone others. To day we hear of peole divorcing their parents...even after the mother carried the helples clump of matter in her belly for 9 months and then sacrificed herself to raise the child to later be dis-respectful to ware it came. Sure there are extenuating sircumstances to every situation...but the issure is clear...and that is..."Every thing that goes wrong in the system of white superimacy is the fault of the owner of that system". You can not...identify yourself out side of the system of white superimacy and you think you are a part of it and belong in it. You worship the images that they (slave masters) gave you and are devoted until you die and are buried in the ground. You teach the same "Death" to your children and then don't know why your child grows up to be a minace to society. When we don't honor those who came before us...we are setting our selves up for Distruction and Doom and there is no way of getting around this Fact. No matter how well we serve white folks...we are 'Only' serving them and not our selves as they never give or pay you what you are worth...as they never do for a Slave. How can "WE" as a people think or even claim to respect our "Elders" too musch?? The "Elders" are your-self and you are the "Elder" to the "Future" that you call your children. Can they...your children respect you too much?? We give the white man and white woman our "Worship" and do book reports and study on their white "Elders"?! Why don't we say this is too much? We worship white Elders in images of divine in Church every Sunday and as we know we think this is never too much. We get down on our nease and pray with the greatest devotion to white "Elders" who have nothing what ever to do with "AFRICA"..."Truth"..."Reality"..."Justice" or "Liberation" for (you) the African. Wake up and stop being soo foolish to think we can give too much "Respect" to our Parents that bore us and our ancestors who came before us and our "Ancient" ancestors who are our guid if we are ever to regain our past self determination and G-d given Spirituality.

Ase`

Monetary said:
I totally agree with Jamsefrmphilly.

Respect your elders ALWAYS...for doing so will bring you an abundance of blessings from GOD.

I'm not a preacher..and I'm not trying to preach to you. But, there are some things in this world that are tried and true....and respecting your elders is one of those things.

Elders are humans and have issues too. Drunkenness, drug addicts, or just downright rude and disrespectful. Avoid them if you can. As Mr. Neely Fuller, Jr. would say: "Minimize contact to avoid conflict"...or something to that affect. In other words, if you're not around them as much (minimizing contact) then you won't have arguments and fights (avoiding conflict).

But, ALWAYS be respectful. Blessings are earned in many ways. This is one of them.

I couldn't agree more!
:teach:

cursed heart said:
I agree as well but also the same respect should be given.
Being older does not give you the right to control,corrupt or manipulate.
I can learn from the elder and that elder can learn from me.
It is called a balance of respect!

Sister Cursed Heart ... it doesn't work like that.

You are not the same as your Elder, and likewise, the respect given in each direction should not, and will not be the same. You will only receive the kind of respect given to Elders, when you are in fact an Elder. It's like expecting a PhD when you've only completed Middle School. You have to do the time / work, to get the reward / respect ... and even then, there's no guarantee that you will be counted worthy by the "Child" ... though i'd imagine that is every Elder's hope ... that their coming and going, be of a nature that elicits the kind of respect that is due an Elder.

An "Elder" and a "Child" are not equal (balanced), for lots of obvious reasons.

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back