Black People : Respecting your elders too much

one can never have too much respect for elders......

karmashines said:
If your parents are causing you nothing but emotional pain it is wise to cut the cord from them, is it not?

And wouldn't it also be an act of wisdom to cut the cord from other so-called 'adults' (meaning those older than you), if they cannot respect you?
it is best to work out your issues such that other people do not "cause" you such pain.

karmashines said:
If your parents are causing you nothing but emotional pain it is wise to cut the cord from them, is it not?

And wouldn't it also be an act of wisdom to cut the cord from other so-called 'adults' (meaning those older than you), if they cannot respect you?
I totally agree with Jamsefrmphilly.

Respect your elders ALWAYS...for doing so will bring you an abundance of blessings from GOD.

I'm not a preacher..and I'm not trying to preach to you. But, there are some things in this world that are tried and true....and respecting your elders is one of those things.

Elders are humans and have issues too. Drunkenness, drug addicts, or just downright rude and disrespectful. Avoid them if you can. As Mr. Neely Fuller, Jr. would say: "Minimize contact to avoid conflict"...or something to that affect. In other words, if you're not around them as much (minimizing contact) then you won't have arguments and fights (avoiding conflict).

But, ALWAYS be respectful. Blessings are earned in many ways. This is one of them.

If someone is causing you emotional anguish, try and talk to them about it.
If that doesn't work, give it some time and space.
Think,evaluate both sides and than react rationally.
Fyi yes you should respect your elders but you shouldn't allow them to disrespect,manipulate or abuse you in any way!
Whether they are 2yrs old or 110 yrs old !
You can respectively put someone in their place!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back