Black People : RESOLVE 4: SHOULD BW EMBRACE THE FEMINIST MOVEMENT?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Kemetstry, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,148
    With a rift in the black community over whether one should support/vote for Barack or Clinton, especially amongst women. It brings about the question. Should BW embrace the feminist cause?

2. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    NO! However, Afreekans may do well to the notions presented by other Afreekan Descendents as they RE~late to the RE~building of the Afreekan Nation.
    "A nation can rise no higher than it's WOMB~MAN"

The "feminist" movement is a movement to support WHITE WOMEN....not Afreekans!

:hearts2:

3. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,148
    Resolve 4 : Against

:ref: The history of the feminist movement as a whole, has not been good to either BW or black people. Though Fredrick Douglass himself gave the keynote address which gave the movement it's birth. Charging women to reach far beyond their own meager goals for much more. Susan B Anthony, who came from an abolishonist family, and was there at the convention at which Douglass spoke on her behalf. Chose to stab sisters in the back. Cutting a deal with with southern women to totally exclude blacks from the movement. Thus, beginning the advent of 'Jim Crow' and poll taxes. Moreover, Planned Parenthood was founded to sterilize females of low standing, undesirability and intellegence, to keep them from breeding. BW were included as a group in this category. How could any self respecting sister wish to align herself with such a detrimental movement to our community?

4. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    too bad maya angelou doesn't feel the same way...smh

one love
    khasm

5. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    yes...and ....

it's TOO BAD....many M.A.D. (Men of Afreekan Descent) seem to negate the cry of Malcolm X whose words I quoted..

"A Nation can Rise No Higher than IT'S Wombman" (Malcolm X)

again.....my vote on this REsolve....is AGAINST THE "FEMINIST" MOVEMENT FOR AFREEKAN WOMB~MAN!

It is an ARGUMENT for an AFREEKAN MOVEMENT......
    :hearts2:

6. mazimtaim

mazimtaim Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +50
    No nation is ever defeated, until the hearts of its women are on the ground.

American Indian proverb

7. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    tru dat...

in my brief 36 years i have come to see many things on this earth...one of those things that i've seen is brothers doing whatever it takes to get with a woman...i really wish women knew the power that they posess over us feeble men...i really wish more of our black women made these knuckle heads get a job before dating, go to church before sex, etc...cause we would do it...

this is not a slight on my strong black women so please do not take this the wrong way...unfortunately, the vagina is at an all time low...i see it every day here in chicago...brothers that can barely complete a structurely sound sentence are now considered the alpha male in some groups...

i say all of this to say that we are in a mess right now...black males are worse off than any other group in america...we need ya'll sisters to stop jocking the thug/buffoon and start looking for better qualities in a mate...i think that things would get better if that started to happen...but that is a big if...

sorry...i think i went off on a tangent....lol

one love
    khasm

8. Agent_Jack

Agent_Jack Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Lotta truth in what you said Bro. A lotta truth

9. JohnHorse

JohnHorse Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +0
    Kemetstry you can answer that question yourself. Their is no such thing as a "movement" when it envolves white and black people in the same group.

10. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    Feminism has done nothing for the Black Woman, in 1972 when Shirley Chisolm ran for president, the organization NOW, and most feminist in the country actually backed a white male.

I believe that this this third wave of feminism, is nothing more than empty rhetoric which confuses and convolutes the principals of equality that sister Sojourner Truth spoke about during her hay day.