Black People : RESOLVE 1

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Metaverse, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
  2. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
  3. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    We have been protecting this country for the last 200 years. Every time we try to move forward on our own they destroy whatever we create. Everytime we try to move forward with their help they attach strings to that "help" designed to choke and strangle us.

We can go to Africa and be Africans or we can stay here and be Africans. But if we think we will ever be fully accepted as Americans we are sadly deluded. It really doesn't matter. America is not forever. It is a dying power. It is an old lion that is losing everything except it's roar and the image of what it used to be.

4. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    MetaSaience - with the above Resolve in mind I need to question your quote - "based on the protection of a nation".. I dont read the belief or suggestion to 'stay' or 'go' - but to protect. I am unclear as to what side of the Resolve you are supporting with the section you posted.

Below are the words of Garvey that preceeded the above mentioned quote:

"It does not mean that all Negroes should leave America and the West Indies and go to Africa to build up a government. It did not take all the peoples of Europe to come over to America to lay the foundation of the great republic; therefore those who write disparagingly of the grand programme of Africa are doing so without paying attention to history… we say to all Negroes of America, the West Indies and elsewhere, seize all opportunities that come to you, but remember our success..."

I'll be back.

5. DUTCHESS

DUTCHESS Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    BACK TO AFRICA...SLOWLY...BUT SURELY!

[MetaSaience]
    We are better off staying here in America and fighting for our rights as Americans, than going back to Africa and fighting for our rights to be African.

"The thoughtful and industrious of our race want to go back to Africa, because we realize it will be our only hope of permanent existence. We cannot all go in a day or in a year, ten or twenty years. It will take time under the rule of modern economics, to entirely or largely depopulate a country of a people, who have been its residents for centuries, but we feel that with proper help for fifty years, the problem can be solved. We do not want all the Negroes in Africa. Some are no good here, and naturally will be no good there . . . ."

Marcus Garvey
    Philosophy and Opinions of Marcus Garvey

6. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424

GOOD CALL SIS. ZULILE.
    It's a good sign that we are paying attention to the game!
    You will find this next play interesting too.

I will clarify my response with this rebuttal to the resolve:

"It looks more and more likely that the Feds are planning a more beautiful, Whiter and Brighter New Orleans, gentrified and much more family-friendly. It will become a tourist paradise–kind of the way Las Vegas was cleaned up and turned into a Disney World with slot machines. A New Orleans where the flowery gardens and the delicious smell of gumbo is not spoiled by hundreds of thousands of sullen, violent blacks lurking in the background, waiting to assault and rob the tourists. Well, that’s fine–for New Orleans. I’m sure it will be a much more pleasant place to live. But what is going to be done with all those blacks?

Sure they will most likely be repatriated to other American cities, but the rise in crime and the strain on infra-structure will cause considerable resentment. Neocons like Charles Krauthammer specialize in saying outrageous things on TV and floating the most outrageous trial balloons, like nuking Mecca if a suitable provocation takes place. Neocons have government approval to say things the rest of us can’t. When is some neocon cable TV pundit going to state the obvious: America has no place for these hundreds of thousands of non-assimilable refugees. Why not send them to Haiti or Liberia?"

http://www.whitecivilrights.com/new-orleans-and-black-repatriation_186.html

7. PLATINUMILLITY1

PLATINUMILLITY1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Full Time Student and Independant Buisness Owner
    Ratings:
    +38
    WE FIGHT BOTH.

I guess in part I agree with Sis. River
    but for my opinion...
    If we return to claim our name it will be the same wxact scenario only that time we won't be ture Africans....
    If we have rouble here we will have trouble there
    People all of a suden gonna be in such peac because we gave up on U.S.....NO
    First obviously the people that created the whole American mess gunna need a new peeve...second They are gonna fee maaaaadd rejected!(smh...maaaad)
    Then their is a problem just cuz we left.....
    All I can really say now is....
    Come On....Peace,Love, and Blessings:eek:

8. PLATINUMILLITY1

PLATINUMILLITY1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Full Time Student and Independant Buisness Owner
    Ratings:
    +38
    and I am supposed to resolve with this???!!!!!!!!!!
    Ima need to come back in tha morning or something....Let it be Brighter
    I will Holler
    smh

9. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,128
    Resolve Against

After building up the wealth of the nation for over 400 years for free, My worthy opponent would have us leave without receiving payment. Simply because someone is reticent to pay. I submit that we as a people have not availed ourselves of all the advantages that this country currently have to offer. Moreover, my opponents seems to be of the mind that leaving will somehow change what we dont do here. Which is ban together in a foriegn land

I submit that we are in the richest country in the world. Not only that, blacks generate over $800 billion a year. Why go somewhere else and not leverage our active wealth here 1st? We have more wealth than any other country outside of the industrialized west. In fact, we generate more money than many in the industrialized west. Why do we need to go to Africa to create an empire? We already have the ability here.

Thus, my opponents views are flawed

:bellydance: :horse:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  10. Sha'iyn

Sha'iyn Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    construction
    i live in TushKauLoosa Ali Baba or Tuscaloosa, Ala
    Ratings:
    +8
    resolve

You have different individuals who are planning a trip to Africa for different reasons. One group are the tourists who usually are situated here in america and want only to visit and bring back a dashiki. Another group are the repatriators who yearn a simple, holistic and unprogrammed way of life. these people usually are scrapping up ticket money and/or trying to travel in pools. I call them Garveyites. Then, you have a group of people who are very adimant about going and they aren't so apt to discuss the details of their journey. They are usually responsible and situated here and possibly abroad.
    Furthermore, my labelling should not apply to anyONE in particular. This is just a macro-evaluation of those who wish to go home.

In conclusion, Going Back To Africa is a circumstantial process that takes money, planning, and determination.