Black People : Research in Progress

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by pfa1451usa, Mar 8, 2006.

1. pfa1451usa

pfa1451usa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    I’ve spent the past 30 years in finance, commodities and marketing.

I’m licensed as a financial planner and securities broker and am currently retired at the ripe old age of fifty-five (55). I’m launching a new website called “oldschoolskills.com” based around the six (6) principals of financial planning and will be offering a free module and an e-book. I’m targeting the Black-American “Baby-Boomer” generation (African-American women in particular), of which I am a member.

I could use some feedback. If you would be so kind, is this in your estimation a viable concept? Would your parents or grandparents need such information? Would it be of interest to you? What’s a reasonable charge for information I normally would bill a client from $350 to $4,500 based on their financial position and the amount of analysis involved?

Thanks, appreciate any comments here…

2. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    pfa1451usa, hello and congratulations on your ability to retire during the prime of your life! :)

I think "oldschoolskills.com" sounds like a good business venture. Btw, what ARE the 6 principles of financial planning? My parents or grandparents would not have any use for your information because they are either retired or dead. You and I are the same age.

I don't have any thoughts on what to charge for your services, although from my vantage point, your prices appear to be a bit steep without knowing all that you plan to do. It's okay that you become wealthy, but equally as important, so should your clients.

I guess your fees would depend on who your target audience would be. Are you targeting people within a particular income range? Are you trying to attract a population of "workers" that may, historically, demonstrate a lack of understanding when it comes to saving, planning their finances or investing their money?

Hope this helps a little. Good luck with your venture.

Queenie :heart:

3. pfa1451usa

pfa1451usa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Thank you sister NNQueen

The six (6) principles consist of cash flow analysis, cash reserve, risk management, tax strategies, retirement planning and estate planning.

The $350 to $4,500 were fees I charged individual clients, the e-book I’m offering should come in complete at under $40.

Thank you again for your input.