Black People : Republicans wanted off Shore Drilling since Reagan, so how is this "Green"?

Ankhur

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
owner of various real estate concerns
Obama Oil Drilling Plan: East Coast, Alaska Waters Could Open For Drilling

Huffington Post/AP First Posted: 03-31-10 12:14 AM | Updated: 03-31-10 11:50 AM

WASHINGTON -- In a reversal of a long-standing ban on most offshore drilling, President Barack Obama plans to allow oil drilling 50 miles off of Virginia and is considering opening up significant additional stretches along the Atlantic and Alaskan coasts.

Obama's plan will cover a lot of ground -- and water -- offering few concessions to environmentalists, who have been strident in their opposition to more oil platforms off the nation's shores. Hinted at for months, the move would modify a ban that has limited coastal drilling outside the Gulf of Mexico for more than 20 years.

The Los Angeles Times, citing administration officials, summed up the four biggest elements of the plan:

Eventually open two-thirds of the eastern Gulf's oil and gas resources for drilling.
Proceed with drilling off Virginia, provided the project clears environmental and military reviews.
Study the viability of drilling off the mid- and southern Atlantic coasts.
Study the viability of drilling in Alaska's Beaufort and Chukchi seas -- areas hotly defended by environmentalists -- but issue no new drilling leases in either sea before 2013.

full article;
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/31/obama-oil-drilling-plan-e_n_519553.html

WOW, THIS IS FANTASTIC AS I HOPE IT CAN LOWER THE GAS PRICES, WHICH REALLY AINT NO PROBLEM TO ME IN A SENSE BUT MY CAR ONLY TAKES PREMIUM FUEL (93/94 OCTANE) AND 60 DOLLARS A FUEL UP HAVE ME LAUGHING SOMETIMES... SO IN A SENSE I'M GLAD OBAMA IS FINALLY DOING SOMETHING IN HIS TERM AS PRESIDENT!!

WOW, THIS IS FANTASTIC AS I HOPE IT CAN LOWER THE GAS PRICES, WHICH REALLY AINT NO PROBLEM TO ME IN A SENSE BUT MY CAR ONLY TAKES PREMIUM FUEL (93/94 OCTANE) AND 60 DOLLARS A FUEL UP HAVE ME LAUGHING SOMETIMES... SO IN A SENSE I'M GLAD OBAMA IS FINALLY DOING SOMETHING IN HIS TERM AS PRESIDENT!!
the war in Iraq and Afghanistan are waged for oil and prices have still gone up.

The first cars were electric and the oil companies lobbied to never let the eletric cars recently built to see the light of day.
http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/news/watch/v186404634CkEWAY2#

All of the campaign promises about hybrids and what not and hardly anyone has seen one yet!

the war in Iraq and Afghanistan are waged for oil and prices have still gone up.

The first cars were electric and the oil companies lobbied to never let the eletric cars recently built to see the light of day.
http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/news/watch/v186404634CkEWAY2#

All of the campaign promises about hybrids and what not and hardly anyone has seen one yet!

HYBRIDS ARE EVERYWHERE ESP IN KALI... THERE ELECTRIC CHARGING STATIONS EVERYWHERE IN METRO LOS ANGELES

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back