Black People : Representing Well

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by truetothecause, Dec 19, 2009.

1. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Is what I KNOW I'm doing...

Representative from the Voices in the Margins

I was recently told I was doing a "piss-poor job" and I take some offense to that.

As I see me, I know I'm doing a pretty good job at it, based on that response alone.

You see, the Voices in the Margins are the Voices that are ridiculed by the 'higher ups'. Those who are "grown" and know you better than you know yourself.

We are the Voices of those accused and labeled "drug addicted", "crazy" or otherwise mentally impaired, told We are somehow just not "good enough" or as good as, those higher up. That are claims are invalidated.

We are the Voices who seem to have no value save what we can do for the grown ups who are not where we are...in the Margins.

We are the Voices of those who have been traumatized and they prove it when they speak.

We are the Voices that draw attention to themselves when we show themselves....negative attention, like the child or adolescent who is told to stay out of grown folks conversations because they are not strong enough.

We are the Voices that are shouted down, who others don't want to see or hear. We are the Voices of those in society and communities who are ignored when they make themselves know one way or another.

We are the Voices of those who are told what they need to do. We are the lowly and meek in society. We are the cursed. We are the isolated, relegated to the Margins.

All these things I experience on and at times off the net and it tells me I am doing well!

Just something I wanted to say, since I'm not willing to play the way, ya'll grown folks do. For you see, if it's really TRUE, that ish flows down, then it may explain why so many of us who are down, are not able to get up, grow up and all, for we're learning from you all, who seem to have the ball. and running wit it.

M.E.
    :hearts2:

2. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Can somebody TELL ME....

M.E.
    :hearts2: