Pan Africanism : Repatriation before Reperations

Prophet Chris said:
To Isaiah, Blessed Love, I will not entertain your ignorance, I forgive you for you do not know. there is nothing wrong woth you disagreeing, but to dis-respect is unexceptable, true I know better so I will do better, so I will adress the beneficial pieces to your reply,

quote:
"I don't believe in no Black Supremacy, and neither did Garvey, or Malcolm... That kind of thinking is a deviation from the spiritual teachings of these men, as well as the Henry McNeal Turners, Martin Delaney's, and all other Pan African Nationalists..."

reply:
"Your entire obsession must be to see things from the Negro's point of view; remembering always, that you are a Negro striving for Negro Supremacy in every department of life" Prophet Marcus Mosiah Gervey - the course of African Philosophy

Black Supremacy is not like white supremacy. Black Supremacy is the same thing as Black Power (as Americans know it) that Kwame Ture brought from the west indies to America. plus I think you have a mis-understanding of what a Nationalist is. Nation=Africa

MARCUS I SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI

Blessed Love

Yo, brother, I am not convinced that you are the real deal, and you may thing ANYTHING you like of me, cool... God Bless ya!(smile!)

Peace!
Isaiah

Brother Isaiah:

If you disagree with Prophet Chris, I think your energy would be better put into engaging into a debate (especially if you believe him to be misrepresenting the PanAfricanist/Black Nationalist movement). What purpose does trying to discredit him (by saying he's a white man) serve? All of the leaders we try to pattern ourselves after were excellent debators, they were also known for their patience. If we truly want to continue their work, can we do no less? Your 1st words to a brother should be to educate, not attack. Only when efforts to communicate breakdown should you turn your back on a brother/sister.

Greetings Prophet and welcome! :wave:

I'm sure that you've surfed through several of our discussion threads and saw where we have had several debates around both areas that you raised--repatriation and reparations! The views and opinions have varied as much as the colors in a rainbow but it's always good to continue our inspection of these issues, particularly when they remain unresolved.

Help me to understand better your reasoning behind combining the two concepts. How can we de-romanticize our notions about Africa and bring her more clearly into our vision and focus as a viable alternative to what we have and know today? Given the fact that the majority of us here are native-born "Americans" and have no personal knowledge of Africa, how easy do you think it would be for us to make the transition from Americanized thinking to African-centered thinking? Do you think that most of us want to make that transition?

Queenie :spinstar:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back