Black People Politics : reparations-would-cost-america-at-least-6.4-trillion-today

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by jamesfrmphilly, Oct 9, 2015.

1. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    Without question, there is a strong case for reparations. The institution of slavery created the economic basis for modern capitalism and turned the U.S. into the wealthiest nation in the world. New York was built on cotton — the crop that dominated the international markets in the 1800s — as the city collected 40 cents of every dollar earned in the cotton trade, transforming it into a financial center. Moreover, at the start of the Civil War, slaves were worth 48 percent of the wealth of the South, more than all of the banks, factories and railroads in the country combined.

http://culsire.com/the-case-for-rep...uld-cost-america-at-least-6-4-trillion-today/

http://www.yesmagazine.org/issues/m...nd-a-mule-would-be-at-least-64-trillion-today

• Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  2. Barry Irving

Barry Irving Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +37
    ...You must have some idea of how that would be accomplished. It would be a logistical and ethical nightmare. Would JZ and Beyonce get reparations just like the homies? What about Barrack Obama? How black do you have to be to get it?

...Would convicts and ex cons get it?...families or individuals?...how old do you have to be? What if your parents died? Do you get theirs and yours?...Would reparations be inheritable? What would be the rationale for any of it? Would Native Americans get it? Just a few questions that I have...I personally would not want it...fraud, backlash, illicit businesses...

...If we were united we could go for a land trust collective...but then guess what? Control issues and who would Police it and how?...

3. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    :11100:they put a man on the moon, they can figure it out.......

4. Barry Irving

United States
    Ratings:
    +37
    ...I get it, but my point is that Reparations would cause a huge back lash from both sides. There would be millions who would not accept it. It's a given that fraud would cause the government create a whole tax paid division for investigations.

...there are too many minuses - those who accept it will be forever branded as "the Reparations People"...generation after generation. They will be tracked forever and graded as successes, failures and absolute disasters.

...you don't want that for ya pees doya James?

5. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    :10900:if it comes wit a fatt check, hell yes.......

6. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    We have our needs...

Their usually replies:

What more do you people want?!?

fyi

7. Barry Irving

United States
    Ratings:
    +37
    ...I see...and OK...wow!

8. Barry Irving

United States
    Ratings:
    +37
    ...White people have their total advantage because they can live for future generations...not because they are smarter. We need to be paid now and our kids benefit, but they lose the strength of being personally raised by their natural parents...because the parents have to work in order for everyone to have what they need...totally legit in survival mode.

...I think it's time that the emphasis changes to grooming the future. That's how you secure your legacy. African Americans do it all the time. But not in great enough numbers for our whole benefit. We simply make less for more time working. We need more grounding in being providers of things that are not glamorous or entertaining.

...things like providing toilet paper for government agencies and getting pay checks with thousands or tens of thousands at one time. Our reality is that we are coming of age in a time where beauty, vanity, desire and ambition are the molds of the day. You can become president if you are cool or just a Racist / Powerful bumpkin like Trump.

... We have the task of going against carnal or profit oriented things for the sake of "staying at that level of finance"...while the family structure suffers, kids go all day having to make life decisions themselves...having time for rendezvous at a young age...and further having access to the lascivious culture on the net.

...this is general and more issues of poverty level living. The affluent have better
    ( even if just as risky ) significant others who also have their feet in society. We are among those...just in smaller numbers. There are almost 4 - 1 Europeans to African Americans in America. We are the singular examples of a population - ingrained in free society over 150 years as those to be wary of, yet we contribute billions to the American economy in disposable monthly income.

...we are at odds with each other over things that are frivolous like "stuff"..."opinion"...."whoya wit"...social evolution is stalled by dwelling in those places to the extent that constructive conversations can't be had. People basically use the same dynamic as Racism in interpersonal relations...it's judgmentalism and house tearing and envy that keeps us from addressing our Racial and inner cultural issues as a united front.

...these are some of my points that don't come from the "American" free will society, where getting yours is the only connection with meeting society in the center. So many of us including myself have had to go there because money and opportunity was the motivation, rather than movement. We need more MOVEMENT that works and produces gains for the race. You can only do that by sacrificing personal ambition for future investment of everything. With people of all types who do that
    ( including a lot of immigrants ) they never lose because the whole life revolves around keeping the flow of family on equal levels...the able get money and make decisions, the home bodies take care of kids and do errands and house work. The elderly have that status provided by the responsible working family members. All they have to do is be wise. Every one has to do their part to accomplish that.

...In families who preserve by all means, the wayward individuals always have someone to lean on...many chances for redemption are given and many times a really rotten apple gets a life of comfort just to keep them out of trouble. That's for the family more than the troubled person. We need more of that at a higher socio economic level...like lower middle class over poverty level...that's all you need to have enough credit that you can pay every month and get what richer people have who can pay cash.

..."We need to EARN IT...NOT HAVE IT GIVEN TO US"...even if it's a pay off for history. We are not the clay of this society who takes credit for shaping and firing us to a finish that is acceptable to them. As descendants of Slaves. WE have the right to be anti American philosophically...the problem is when we become anti American in deed and purpose...that's a problem for any race. We live here and some of us have issues with Africans and the dirt job that America and Europe put on the continent...so it's not like we have somewhere else to go, many of us. Reparations cannot possibly push the Race forward except straight into the fire off the edge of a high cliff.

...personally I would rather claim my success and status with what I do every day that I built my education and professional practice on...the stuff that I got from home from two working parents who made less than $400 per week and raised 4 kids.

9. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    Appreciated feedback...

Be back later...

fyi

10. kidkhuti33

kidkhuti33 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +66

I see it says this member is banned but to just throw this out there, not everyone is afforded a two parent working household. I saw raised with my mom and 6 brothers and sisters. My mother could have definitely benefited from reparations, instead of having no support system due to a murdered husband, killed white racists. She would have never resorted to illegal activities and went to prison during my puberty ultimately leaving her whole family behind to be raised by strangers. Yes there is extended famil but who was seriously going to pick 7 more kids and continue to struggle with 7 new mouthes to feed? Everyone dont have a family that "plays thier part" some just have what the white man dreamed of remnants of a family... so instead of stealing over 20k from the feds to provide for her family and bury her murdered husband, reparations could have kept my family in house, paid for better education, maybe my "father" would still be alive, maybe lives would have just been better if the funds were available, I can honestly due to the lack of money is what caused my family to do illegal activities to gain money. Its sad but its the white man system at work. If they hace no funds they will forever be focused on getting funds an distracted from the truth, family.