Black People Politics : Reparations won by Black Farmers! Obama 'shares' them with hispanics, WW & Indians

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Kadijah, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    In 1999, the Clinton administration tried to correct a historic injustice. In 2010, the Obama administration said not just blacks, but EVERYONE - hispanics, white women, Native Americans and even ranchers (who "ranches?" White males?) should get a part of the settlement fought for and won by black farmers.

In 1999, the Clinton administration tried to correct a historic injustice, said Sharon LaFraniere in The New York Times. For decades, the U.S. Department of Agriculture routinely denied loans to black farmers while approving them for their white neighbors. Faced with some 1,000 claims in a class-action lawsuit known as Pigford v. Glickman, the government agreed to pay $50,000 to each victim.

To win minority votes, President Obama actually expanded this program of “reparations,’’ said Rich Lowry in NationalReview.com, authorizing Hispanic, Native American, and women farmers to file their own claims. Pigford’s eventual price tag may hit $4.4 billion.

http://theweek.com/article/index/243507/pigford-the-great-government-giveaway

2. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    This is disgraceful. Once again, the First Black President has given black folk, well, did not so much as usual ignores us, but when he did turn his attention to legislation for African-Americans, acted like the crassest, most cynical opportunist.... with what was "ours." A deed he could have pointed to and said, "I did this for my black constituency!" he cynically piggy-backs his favored hispanics, Indians, and even adds on white women to what was fought through the courts by Black Farmers, won, and reparations ear-marked by the Congress of the United States, SOLELY for blacks.

Karma's coming.

3. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    Since whites are claiming the Settlement FOR BLACK FARMERS that Obama is NOW letting everybody and their momma NOT Black in on, is riddled with fradulent applicants (just the black farmer applicants, of course), I checked it out:

2006 Government Accountability Office report. Determining Pigford claimant eligibility:

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

How can we access this information to read for ourselves? The link says this:

Site Map
    Please choose one of the options below to verify your account:

And the above information was taken from here:
    http://cocoalounge.org/viewthread.php?tid=61410

5. Zim

Zim Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +666
    Obama is not African-American so I don't know why folks expect anything different. He's made it clear who he's committed to.m

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

And so was this taken from here: http://cocoalounge.org/viewthread.php?tid=61410

7. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    You can take out a subscription to The Week news magazine. This article is accessible only to subcribers.... which is why it asks you to "verify your account."

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

To your credit, after searching diligently, I found this from the same source as mentioned already:

USDA Offers $1.3B Discrimination Settlement to Hispanic and Women Farmers

Another one of the Obama administration’s three reparation efforts was the $1.25-billion Pigford II settlement, which benefited black farmers who claimed to have been discriminated against when applying for loans from 1981 to 1996 but had failed to file on time for the original 1999 Pigford settlement.
    Criticisms from Republicans and conservative groups ensued after President Obama signed the legislation in December 2010, paving the way for about 80,000 African-American farmers to file claims projected to average about $50,000. Many critics called it an outright raid on the U.S. Treasury that would force taxpayers to subsidize direct payments to Democratic special interests in the farming industry.
    "Any time you're trying to go back and compensate people based on past discrimination, figuring out who should be compensated and how much is always tricky, so the devil's in the details," Alan Abramowitz, a political scientist at the Atlanta-based Emory University, suggested at the time.
    http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/po...tion-settlement-to-hispanic-and-women-farmers

9. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

Okay, thanks ... sorta figured it, but wasn't quite sure. Is it private information though, why can't you post it up?

10. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    Not to my credit, but this is the 2nd of the Pigford settlments. It is with THIS one Pigford II, that Obama SHARES THE WEALTH with Hispanics, White Women and Indians, as well as "ranchers." Now who do you think comprise "ranchers?"

Nonetheless, I want to post info from Factcheck, but for some reason, my computer freezes when I try. I will continue to make the attempt.