Black People : Reparations - Partial Legal Victory

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Dec 22, 2006.

1. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +15,210
  2. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,318
    Ok, no problem there. But the issue remains. What would giving money solve.
    As for my solution, it's not popular. But seeing what's been going on these last couple of decades, you're gonna have to start this society over from scratch. That means you have to completely destroy the one that's standing. But if you ask me, the only way we're ever gonna have anything close to equality in this country will be by that means.

3. Perfection

Perfection Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,048
    And see, embracing that would mean that melinated people will have to abandon the wonderful world of Walt Disney and, unfortunately, the signs exists that--as a collective--we're not ready for that. So instead, we keep deceiving ourselves thinking the descendants of George Washington gone cut us out a check for what was done to us and our ancestors.

4. ogoun

ogoun Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +827
    There is no 'real' debate about if reparations are needed. The debate is about what the black community will demand and accept as debt paid.........
    Glen Ford on the subject;
    https://thisishell.com/interviews/1051-glen-ford
    This Is Hell! | We must have a demand: Towards a transformative, Black-lead reparations movement.
    thisishell.com

Some of the proposals out there are absolutely insulting like giving us all something around $2500 apiece which amounts to the price of 40 acres and mule in 1865 dollars.

5. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +15,210
  6. Perfection

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,048
    "Experts"??? :lol:

Card-carrying Democrats going to the descendants of the original slave masters asking for liberation and a debit card :lol:

"Experts" at what? :lol:.

7. ogoun

ogoun Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +827
    Was that in response to my post Brother?

We aren't that far apart if there's even much distance to measure. Any space between us on this matter I can think of is that I have no real interest in joining the white capitalist empire however rich it may make me. For my Brothers and Sisters that do though I'll back whatever play they decide they want to try....... for about the 1000th time in the past 400 years that we deserve and have earned a seat at the table.

8. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +15,210
    nah, just thought of the links.....

9. Symbol of America

Symbol of America Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    RET: EMS & TPD
    Ratings:
    +1,231
    Seriously folks like the numerous demands, polls, pleas, threats, meetings, white papers, research results, surveys, opinions, facts both accurate and skewed and the usual yips, yaps and yaks on every blog, forum and website I avoid anything even appearing to address much less solve "OUR" reparations issue because by now even a blind, deaf and mentally deficient Black American has to know our check will never be in the mail if we depend on any existing politician, Black or White. If legislation doesn't benefit White politicians it will be round filed and very very very few political Negros will rock the boat that they finally garnered a seat in the Capitol Beltway swamp for the likes of us Blacks who put them in that seat. "Brand New Rolls You Finally Made it N*gga, All White Neighborhood, You They Favorite N*gga": Rick Ross. Even if this political pipe dream were to be officially approved in this millennium how long do you think it would take to set up the paper check or bank direct deposit dispersal logistics? A week? A month? A year? Sometimes even a non race related controversial law takes a decade to get pass both houses. I do hope you all see where I'm going with this. I only involved myself in this thread because the post I quoted appears to be the "ONLY" unbiased, clear thinking, intelligent viable options worth considering especially in today's racially charged atmosphere. This video parallels your thinking which is out of the box because our solution which only we must and will find has to be born from a construct completely out of any existing box the White man has shoehorned us into. Economic power trumps (No pun intended) political power on any given day of the week because votes are nothing but the promise of hope. Money talks because money is power and unlike votes which is a one shot deal yearly or worst every 4 years pretty much everybody has some money and not only wants more money but uses and exploits what money they possess for power, favor or benefit. Money is a constant. Our country and our economy can exist without the political process but no country can prosper much less exist without money. So whoever has enough money to build a viable economic power base to convince politicians to acknowledge their power and to pass legislation for the direct or indirect benefit of those voters who put them on notice that to ensure their continued tenure in office they will bend to their will are going to prosper, to do otherwise fosters guaranteed stagnation.

This video is telling. The sister speaks truth.

Happy Easter.

10. Perfection

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,048
    I wanna go back to them "experts."

So, the "experts" saying we gone get some land and a debit card from the descendants of the original slave masters for all the wrongs they've done to us and our ancestors, huh? I'm wondering how the "experts" factor these recurring incidents in their candy-land promises?