Black People Politics : Reparations Movement Growing Strong...Closer than you think

kde,

Excellent points kde, and good you will try and tune in, its a very good BlogTalk. The faction of baby boomers that wanted separate but equal were drowned out, and we were infiltrated with integration.

Wow! I knew this but, never really connected the dots.

I just don't see the benefit of signing up now based on what I happened to hear on the news when President Obama was actually running for office. It was on all day during commercials that President Obama said that he disagreed with REPARATIONS. I couldn't believe my ears. It really pissed me off, too because the reporter was a white person saying this off and on all day between commercials.

Now, I don't watch tv that much and i don't understand all the politics either so, i don't belive President Obama would have changed his mind on that. In fact, I believe that he did that to please the white people so that he could become president, in my opinion. so now, i don't see that signing a petitition will do any good at this point.

I think something else bigger needs happen now that about 90% of blacks still voted for President Obama, such as an amazing and power filled person like MOSES stepping up to the plate saying to this government GIVE US REPARATIONS or else you will have 12 Plagues against you!!! But then, we would probably become EXPELLED from America and, where would we go!?

I think the 'we count' meeting was a great stepping stone in order to help us as blacks get on the agenda. But I'm not sure this petition is TIMELY now that the election has already passed and President Obama already took his petition against it. The real and initial momentum for the opportunity for reparations has already passed. We should have resisted this PROCLAMATION coming from Obama at the time when he said it. Now, we need to raise the stakes, in my opinion, much higher than just signing a petition.

I think in order to raise this issue again, demands for much more than signing someones petition unless that person is as power filled as MOSES was back in the day. And President Obama has to be addressed because HE IS THE ONE who made a specific statement against it. Now if this person has that kind of backing then and plan then, I'm all for it.

Thanks for this information, I plan on following it because i so believe that we need to address reparations to this government, full compensation...no half stepping.

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Real Truth!

why are you asking me to do something that you cannot give anyone a definate answer as to the outcome?

To be honest Brother Ankhur, I don't know why I asked you to do something that I really didn't think you would do; maybe it was hope, maybe I was hoping that you could wrap your arms around something for our people that a Sister, Deadria C. Farmer-Paellmann, feels is important. Sorry I asked Brother.

Last edited:
In the Spirit of Sankofa and Real Truth!

Wow! I knew this but, never really connected the dots.

I just don't see the benefit of signing up now based on what I happened to hear on the news when President Obama was actually running for office. It was on all day during commercials that President Obama said that he disagreed with REPARATIONS. I couldn't believe my ears. It really pissed me off, too because the reporter was a white person saying this off and on all day between commercials.

Now, I don't watch tv that much and i don't understand all the politics either so, i don't belive President Obama would have changed his mind on that. In fact, I believe that he did that to please the white people so that he could become president, in my opinion. so now, i don't see that signing a petitition will do any good at this point.

I think something else bigger needs happen now that about 90% of blacks still voted for President Obama, such as an amazing and power filled person like MOSES stepping up to the plate saying to this government GIVE US REPARATIONS or else you will have 12 Plagues against you!!! But then, we would probably become EXPELLED from America and, where would we go!?

I think the 'we count' meeting was a great stepping stone in order to help us as blacks get on the agenda. But I'm not sure this petition is TIMELY now that the election has already passed and President Obama already took his petition against it. The real and initial momentum for the opportunity for reparations has already passed. We should have resisted this PROCLAMATION coming from Obama at the time when he said it. Now, we need to raise the stakes, in my opinion, much higher than just signing a petition.

I think in order to raise this issue again, demands for much more than signing someones petition unless that person is as power filled as MOSES was back in the day. And President Obama has to be addressed because HE IS THE ONE who made a specific statement against it. Now if this person has that kind of backing then and plan then, I'm all for it.

Thanks for this information, I plan on following it because i so believe that we need to address reparations to this government, full compensation...no half stepping.

Sister Chevron Dove,

Thank you for your heartfelt comments on the issues, they are always appreciated and respected by me. Please keep in mind however, there is a lot of information posted in this thread, concerning the singular efforts of Sister Deadria C. Farmer-Paellmann; which really makes President Barack Obama's position on the matter, insignificant.

Not only is Reparations a matter of litigation, and not Presidential policy, but whether we support Paellmann or not, this Sister is not about to drop such a worthy cause on behalf of our Ancestors and their descendents Thank God! I ask that you give all the information a fair read, and reconsider what seems to be a vacillating stance...Peace In my sister friend, for real.

Last edited:
Wrap my arm around what

To be honest Brother Ankhur, I don't know why I asked you to do something that I really didn't think you would do; maybe it was hope, maybe I was hoping that you could wrap your arms around something for our people that a Sister, Deadria C. Farmer-Paellmann, feels is important. Sorry I asked Brother.

In all honesty I do not wrap my arms around, something that is misrepresented, and let's be honest if those companies simply said, yeah we kidnapped and tortured Black folks, no one would have seen a dime!

The case was about fraud, not reperations.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back