Black People Politics : Reparations Movement Growing Strong...Closer than you think

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Will President Obama put effort into this for us?
I really don't think so but what's new.
Consultations for the World Conference Against Racism (2009 : Geneva). U.S. Delegation. (02/16/2009 - 02/19/2009)
http://research.archives.gov/organization/1189073
But
Obama makes shameful decision to boycott UN anti-racism conference
http://mondoweiss.net/2009/04/obama-makes-shameful-decision-to-boycott-un-antiracism-conference.html
Can't do it because politics(whatever u wana call it) as usually. I guess it all makes sense.
Anti-racism Durban Review Conference adopts final outcome document
http://www.ohchr.org/EN/NewsEvents/Pages/DRCAdoptsFinalOutcomeDocument.aspx

If our President is not interested because "they are mad" well then who does really?

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/reparations-movement-growing-strong-closer-than-you-think.61773/page-16#post-841039

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/reparations-movement-growing-strong-closer-than-you-think.61773/page-15#post-825004

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Sleeping with the enemy and talking about reparations! :( How dumb can she be? :confused:

Yup! Its both perplexing and troublesome, but for the magnitude of the progress made on the issue of Reparations:

Gale Contemporary Black Biography:
Deadria Farmer-Paellmann
Home > Library > History, Politics & Society > Black Biographies
civil rights activist; lawyer
Personal Information

Born in 1966, in Brooklyn, NY; daughter of Wilhemina Farmer; married a German executive; children: one daughter
Education: Brooklyn College, BA in political science, 1980s; George Washington University, MA, 1995; New England School of Law, JD, 1999.
Career

Freelance legal researcher and reparations activist, 2000s-; Restitution Study Group, Inc., executive director, 2000s-.
Life's Work

Deadria Farmer-Paellmann set aside a promising law career to become one of the foremost researchers into the links between the slave trade and American corporate interests of the nineteenth century. In 2002 she gained media attention for launching a lawsuit that demanded reparations for the descendants of American slaves, based on the premise that several U.S. corporations had profited from the practice of slavery in the years before the Civil War of 1861-65. Named in the suit was Aetna, the largest insurer in the United States, along with a financial corporation and a railroad. "They have played a role and they should be held responsible," said Farmer-Paellmann in an interview with Virginia Groark of the New York Times, adding, "And later on down the road there will be more companies."
http://www.answers.com/topic/deadria-farmer-paellmann

Last edited:

sekou kasimu

PanAfrikanist Revolutionary
PREMIUM MEMBER
Apr 12, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
sowetomovement.blogspot.com
Occupation
Retired Ironworker
Yup! Its both perplexing and troublesome, but for the magnitude of the progress made on the issue of Reparations: "perplexing and troublesome" you say! :( I'd say it's downright discussing and treasonous! :mad: And people like her actually think they are qualified to lead us! I wonder just who in the hell she thinks the enemy is? :confused:

Deadria Farmer-Paellmann
Home > Library > History, Politics & Society > Black Biographies
civil rights activist; lawyer
Personal Information
Born in 1966, in Brooklyn, NY; daughter of Wilhemina Farmer; married a German executive; children: one daughter
Education: Brooklyn College, BA in political science, 1980s; George Washington University, MA, 1995; New England School of Law, JD, 1999.
Career
Freelance legal researcher and reparations activist, 2000s-; Restitution Study Group, Inc., executive director, 2000s-.
Life's Work
Deadria Farmer-Paellmann set aside a promising law career to become one of the foremost researchers into the links between the slave trade and American corporate interests of the nineteenth century. In 2002 she gained media attention for launching a lawsuit that demanded reparations for the descendants of American slaves, based on the premise that several U.S. corporations had profited from the practice of slavery in the years before the Civil War of 1861-65. Named in the suit was Aetna, the largest insurer in the United States, along with a financial corporation and a railroad. "They have played a role and they should be held responsible," said Farmer-Paellmann in an interview with Virginia Groark of the New York Times, adding, "And later on down the road there will be more companies."
http://www.answers.com/topic/deadria-farmer-paellmann

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
"perplexing and troublesome" you say! :( I'd say it's downright discussing and treasonous! :mad: And people like her actually think they are qualified to lead us! I wonder just who in the hell she thinks the enemy is? :confused:

Right ... And likewise my friend, you are certainly entitled to personal impressions and opinions, but not your own set of facts. As I stated, but for the magnitude of the progress made on the issue of Reparations, the extent of the degree to which unfolds:

Deadria Farmer-Paellmann with attorney Bruce Afran

On Tuesday, May 22, 2007, the Supreme Court of the United States docketed a petition filed by Deadria Farmer-Paellmann -- the descendant of Africans enslaved in South Carolina -- asking the Court to hear a case against 17 major financial institutions for their role in financing, underwriting and supporting slavery. At issue is whether statues of limitations should be tolled to permit slave descendants to bring actions for restitution against the corporations that allegedly earned profits enslaving Africans in violation of Northern antislavery laws. The case is entitled, Farmer-Paellmann v. Brown & Williamson, No. 06-1533. The defendants in the action include: FleetBoston Financial Corporation, Aetna Inc., JP Morgan Chase Manhattan Bank, New York Life Insurance Co., Lehman Bros, AIG, and Brown Brothers Harriman.

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/reparations-movement-growing-strong-closer-than-you-think.61773/page-4#post-637902

Last edited:

sekou kasimu

PanAfrikanist Revolutionary
PREMIUM MEMBER
Apr 12, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
sowetomovement.blogspot.com
Occupation
Retired Ironworker
Right ... And likewise my friend, you are certainly entitled to personal impressions and opinions, but not your own set of facts. As I stated, but for the magnitude of the progress made on the issue of Reparations, the extent of the degree to which unfolds:

Deadria Farmer-Paellmann with attorney Bruce Afran

On Tuesday, May 22, 2007, the Supreme Court of the United States docketed a petition filed by Deadria Farmer-Paellmann -- the descendant of Africans enslaved in South Carolina -- asking the Court to hear a case against 17 major financial institutions for their role in financing, underwriting and supporting slavery. At issue is whether statues of limitations should be tolled to permit slave descendants to bring actions for restitution against the corporations that allegedly earned profits enslaving Africans in violation of Northern antislavery laws. The case is entitled, Farmer-Paellmann v. Brown & Williamson, No. 06-1533. The defendants in the action include: FleetBoston Financial Corporation, Aetna Inc., JP Morgan Chase Manhattan Bank, New York Life Insurance Co., Lehman Bros, AIG, and Brown Brothers Harriman.

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/reparations-movement-growing-strong-closer-than-you-think.61773/page-8#post-637902
What exactly was it that I said that constitutes an opinion? Fact, she is married to a European right. Fact, Europeans are our historical (some say natural) and traditional enemies right? Her piecemeal approach to obtaining reparations leaves a lot to be desired! It should be led by Afrikans married to Afrikans! Her ego/arrogance obviously got in the way. So what if the court docketed the petition! Al Sharpton and his followers compelled the court to try George Zimmerman, for the murder of Trayvon Martin and look at the result. Even if she wins the case the settlement will pale in comparison to the trillions owed us! It's best that people like her stay out of the way! :)

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
What exactly was it that I said that constitutes an opinion? Fact, she is married to a European right. Fact, Europeans are our historical (some say natural) and traditional enemies right? Her piecemeal approach to obtaining reparations leaves a lot to be desired! It should be led by Afrikans married to Afrikans! Her ego/arrogance obviously got in the way. So what if the court docketed the petition! Al Sharpton and his followers compelled the court to try George Zimmerman, for the murder of Trayvon Martin and look at the result. Even if she wins the case the settlement will pale in comparison to the trillions owed us! It's best that people like her stay out of the way! :)

It can be said, you are great at arm-chair or Monday morning quarterbacking, for sure.

One last question; when did you first learn of Deadria's case?

Last edited:

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on Kemetstry's profile.
Brother Kem.. Marva Collins passed June 24, 2015
Sister Destee how have you been? It's been a while but I'm glad to be back. I see many changes so I'll browse around to get my feel of things again
sekou kasimu wrote on Destee's profile.
Jambo! I deleted a post that was a duplication. Both were deleted!!! Can you find it and repost it for me? I put a lot of work into it!
Destee wrote on shaka64's profile.
Hi Brother shaka64 ... Welcome Home! :heart:
Destee, my Sister!! I am sending you greetings with love from a rainy and relentless overcast Michigan! But you continue to bring sunshine into my life and for that I am eternally grateful! I LOVE the new look and features in the community. I hope you're enjoying your best life. Love and peace...:heart: