Black People Politics : Reparations Movement Growing Strong...Closer than you think

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa and Real Truth!

Just so ya'll know...

Your signature has been recorded.

Please help support iPetitionsWe promote democracy on the Internet by helping people and organizations create online petitions like the one you just signed. We provide these services for free and rely on donations from people like you to keep the site running. Please consider donating to support us. Every donation, no matter how small, helps. Please note: Your donation will help keep iPetitions running. This is not a donation to the person or organization whose petition you just signed.

Good looking out bro. omowalejabali, and thanks big time, for real. I had noticed the disclaimer and decided not to give; instead, I will be getting with the Restitution Study Group and/or Deadria C. Farmer-Paellmann with my gift.

Last edited:

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa and Reparations!

Reparations Movement Growing Strong...Closer than you think

The President's House in Philadelphia

HOME HISTORY SLAVERY 1947-PRESENT
PROJECT IN THE NEWS WRITE US LINKS

In the News index
Source: Workers World
Date: June 10, 2005
Byline: Betsey Piette

Wachovia admits slave trade profits

After initially denying ties to slavery in January, executives at Wachovia Bank disclosed in a June 2 report that the bank's predecessor institutions — the Bank of Charleston, S.C., and the Georgia Railroad and Banking Company — "owned" at least 162 enslaved Africans and accepted 529 more as "collateral" on loans.

The 111-page report was prepared by the History Factory, a firm specializing in corporate archival work. It also revealed that war financier Robert Morris — a founder of a forerunner institution, Bank of North America — used profits from the slave trade to start Wachovia in 1781.

http://www.ushistory.org/presidentshouse/news/ww061005.htm

kde

Oct 26, 2009
Clyde,

The information herein contained is useful; thanks for posting it.

At my core, I don't feel as if we will ever get justice here. This place was founded (We came before Columbus) and built by us, but its systems, psychology and entitlements are not designed for us.

I think my future - and that of my family - is probably elsewhere.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa and Real Truth!

Clyde,

The information herein contained is useful; thanks for posting it.

At my core, I don't feel as if we will ever get justice here. This place was founded (We came before Columbus) and built by us, but its systems, psychology and entitlements are not designed for us.

I think my future - and that of my family - is probably elsewhere.

kde,

Thank you for your honest sentiment concerning Reparations and the appreciation for the information. No one can argue against your statement, it is the truth:

This place was founded (We came before Columbus) and built by us, but its systems, psychology and entitlements are not designed for us.

And I wish you and your family well, as you pursue expatriation (repatriation)...Peace In my sister friend, for real.

Last edited:

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa and Reparations!

Reparations Movement Growing Strong...Closer than you think

Slave Descendant Takes Reparations Case to the United States Supreme Court
Restitution Study Group 23 May 2007 18:57 GMT

Deadria Farmer-Paellmann with attorney Bruce Afran

On Tuesday, May 22, 2007, the Supreme Court of the United States docketed a petition filed by Deadria Farmer-Paellmann -- the descendant of Africans enslaved in South Carolina -- asking the Court to hear a case against 17 major financial institutions for their role in financing, underwriting and supporting slavery. At issue is whether statues of limitations should be tolled to permit slave descendants to bring actions for restitution against the corporations that allegedly earned profits enslaving Africans in violation of Northern antislavery laws. The case is entitled, Farmer-Paellmann v. Brown & Williamson, No. 06-1533. The defendants in the action include: FleetBoston Financial Corporation, Aetna Inc., JP Morgan Chase Manhattan Bank, New York Life Insurance Co., Lehman Bros, AIG, and Brown Brothers Harriman.

"It is a pivotal moment for African Americans and all people, and we believe the Court should hear the case, said Bruce Afran, counsel for Farmer-Paellmann. Co-counsel Carl Mayer added,"the issues presented are unique and are important in settling a long running injustice."

Adding to the absence of information identifying the defendants as slave profiteers is the fact that many of the defendants continue to deny that they played a role in slavery. Farmer-Paellmann argues in her petition, "most dastardly were the public false statements made by representatives of the JP Morgan Chase Bank denying, as late as March 5, 2004, that they were at all involved in slavery." Months later, after threat of loosing lucrative vending contracts with the City of Chicago, the bank filed a report admitting to their role in slavery.

Contacts:
Deadria Farmer-Paellmann: 917-365-3007 or paellmann@rcn.com; Bruce I. Afran: 609-924-2075 or bruceafran@aol.com; Carl J. Mayer: 609-921-0253 or carlmayer@aol.com;

On Tuesday, May 22, 2007, the Supreme Court of the United States docketed a petition filed by Deadria Farmer-Paellmann -- the descendant of Africans enslaved in South Carolina -- asking the Court to hear a case against 17 major financial institutions for their role in financing, underwriting and supporting slavery. At issue is whether statues of limitations should be tolled to permit slave descendants to bring actions for restitution against the corporations that allegedly earned profits enslaving Africans in violation of Northern antislavery laws. The case is entitled, Farmer-Paellmann v. Brown & Williamson, No. 06-1533. The defendants in the action include: FleetBoston Financial Cohttp://publish.indymedia.org/en/2007/05/886174.shtmlrporation, Aetna Inc., JP Morgan Chase Manhattan Bank, New York Life Insurance Co., Lehman Bros, AIG, and Brown Brothers Harriman.

(Read More) http://publish.indymedia.org/en/2007/05/886174.shtml

The hard work and fight for Reparations is complete and awaits a decision from the United States Supreme Court. Here is contact information:

Litigation Fund

The Restitution Study Group coordinated the filing of nine class action lawsuits against corporations for slavery restitution and consumer fraud. We accomplished a historic victory in the effort, and are moving into a new stage of litigation toward securing full justice for slavery and its vestiges.

Please help us reach our goals by making a contribution to our litigation fund. Online contributions can be made here.
Please make checks payable to:
QUEEN MOTHER MOORE TRUST FUND, and mail to:

Restitution Study Group
P.O. Box 622
Hoboken, New Jersey 07030

Thank you!

CONTACT US

Team:

Deadria Farmer-Paellmann Executive Director

Belinda Robertson
Treasurer/Dir. Special Projects

Kenya Marion
Secretary/Dir. Youth Programs

Queen Mother Dr. Blakely
International Advisor

Vivianne Jackson
Director of Protocol

Christopher Almeida
Director of Creative Projects

Phone:
917-365-3007
Email: rsgincorp@yahoo.com

Last edited:
Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: