Black People Politics : Reparations Movement Growing Strong...Closer than you think

sekou kasimu

PanAfrikanist Revolutionary
PREMIUM MEMBER
Apr 12, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
sowetomovement.blogspot.com
Occupation
Retired Ironworker
For your information I was a political prisoner for 12 years! :mad: I was convicted of armed bank robbery. I was confined to a cell 23/7 in the U.S. Penitentiary in Marion, Illinois for 6 years and 4 months of that time! :( I resent your "you are great at arm-chair or Monday morning quarterbacking" statement. While so confined my mother, father, grandfather, and favorite uncle all died within a 2 year period, and I was not allowed to attend any viewings, much less any wake or burials. So tell me, what freedom dues have you paid? Have you ever even been arrested for say participation in a civil disobedience protest? I bet you haven't because it has been my experience that folk like you, are the first to caste aspersions about others' track record, and wouldn't throw "a rock in a race riot"! I had a similar conversation with Al Sharpton on national radio yesterday, in reference to the death of Nelson Mandela. I'll give you the same advice I gave him, be careful what you say to people you don't know. Not all true believers like me are as understanding as I am. ;)
P.S. I hate football for the very same reasons that Condalessa Rice says she like it, i.e., its' warlike qualities"!

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
For your information I was a political prisoner for 12 years! :mad: I was convicted of armed bank robbery. I was confined to a cell 23/7 in the U.S. Penitentiary in Marion, Illinois for 6 years and 4 months of that time! :( I resent your "you are great at arm-chair or Monday morning quarterbacking" statement. While so confined my mother, father, grandfather, and favorite uncle all died within a 2 year period, and I was not allowed to attend any viewings, much less any wake or burials. So tell me, what freedom dues have you paid? Have you ever even been arrested for say participation in a civil disobedience protest? I bet you haven't because it has been my experience that folk like you, are the first to caste aspersions about others' track record, and wouldn't throw "a rock in a race riot"! I had a similar conversation with Al Sharpton on national radio yesterday, in reference to the death of Nelson Mandela. I'll give you the same advice I gave him, be careful what you say to people you don't know. Not all true believers like me are as understanding as I am. ;)

Will you answer the question? When did you first learn of Deadria's case?

Last edited:

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
Thanks for the info.; I will try to find time to listen to the broadcast.

Unfortunately, I don't believe we will be getting reparations. The U.S. and most of Europe would be held to account, and they are not about to bankrupt themselves or spiritually atone and depart with their assets and resources as a form of restitution - to attempt to make whole what is so broken.

Reparations should have been at the forefront during Reconstruction and through the Civil Rights Movement (which should have been defined and described as a Human Rights Movement) and brought before the world court. Instead, the baby boomers settled for being able to shop where white folks do and sit next to them on the bus.
Please seek out someone who was actually an activist in the CRM and have them eradicate some of the pathetic ignorance you have displayed about what went down.

Btw, when you're handcuffed, jailed, beaten WHILE in jail for being so uppity as to sit next to a white "folk" on the bus... or not give up your seat for a white "folk" when you were on the bus first, why would getting a couple bucks for 300 years of free labor of your ancestors be a priority? Why would you demand the same CIVIL rights as every other American when you can march for payment of a couple bucks for 300 years of forced labor of your ancestors? Do YOU in your contempt for those who put their lives on the line so that you wouldn't be humiliated when your white co-workers go to lunch and can sit at a table while you have to take your greasy bag of fried chicken outside and eat it on the "stoop"... do YOU think that instead of throwing open the doors to the funeral home so that the world could come in and see her 14 year-old son's battered, broken, mutilated, DEAD body identified ONLY by his WWII deceased veteran father's ring and possibly save YOU from a similar fate, that Mamie Till should have been begging the white PTB for a couple bucks for 300 years of forced labor of her ancestors?

Seek out someone who was an activist in the CRM before you throw your churlish, UNGRATEFUL contempt - whether out of ignorance or not - on young people who took their lives in their hands and stepped out on faith that they could change black Americans' circumstances that culminated in them changing the world! Oh, and while you're at it, send your bile to the "stupid" white woman Viola Luizzo's children in Detroit and the parents of the 2 white boys from New York, all murdered and why? Because they were fools to understand that DIGNITY is as important as food in the belly of HUMAN BEINGS and they answered the call to help black folk as "stupid" as they were attain that human DIGNITY? Course if they'd hung around and listened to YOU, they'd know that a couple bucks for 300 years of dehumanizing degradation and forced labor of OUR ancestors is what's important. A couple pieces of paper with pix of dead prez is what YOU think black college grad Baby Boomers lucky to get a NON-supervisory job at the Post Office and 90% of employed black Baby Boomer women slinging mops in Miss Anne's kitchen, hospitals, and office buildings should have been up in arms about, NOT the indignity of watching people dumber than themselves climb the corporate ladder on their bowed backs, right? :10100:

Btw, how many times have YOU put yourself in harm's way for black people's sake, misguided or not?

Oh, and FYI - the civil rights movement was about just that - civil rights, NOT "integration" which only came along only as a byproduct.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Admittedly, the post and poster you quoted and replied to, definitely reflects a very narrow minded point of view, in the scheme of things; and presents misguided reasoning, completely contrary to the continual fight for Reparations ... Great counter-point to the problematic view blaming "baby boomers."

Please seek out someone who was actually an activist in the CRM and have them eradicate some of the pathetic ignorance you have displayed about what went down.

Btw, when you're handcuffed, jailed, beaten WHILE in jail for being so uppity as to sit next to a white "folk" on the bus... or not give up your seat for a white "folk" when you were on the bus first, why would getting a couple bucks for 300 years of free labor of your ancestors be a priority? Why would you demand the same CIVIL rights as every other American when you can march for payment of a couple bucks for 300 years of forced labor of your ancestors? Do YOU in your contempt for those who put their lives on the line so that you wouldn't be humiliated when your white co-workers go to lunch and can sit at a table while you have to take your greasy bag of fried chicken outside and eat it on the "stoop"... do YOU think that instead of throwing open the doors to the funeral home so that the world could come in and see her 14 year-old son's battered, broken, mutilated, DEAD body identified ONLY by his WWII deceased veteran father's ring and possibly save YOU from a similar fate, that Mamie Till should have been begging the white PTB for a couple bucks for 300 years of forced labor of her ancestors?

Seek out someone who was an activist in the CRM before you throw your churlish, UNGRATEFUL contempt - whether out of ignorance or not - on young people who took their lives in their hands and stepped out on faith that they could change black Americans' circumstances that culminated in them changing the world! Oh, and while you're at it, send your bile to the "stupid" white woman Viola Luizzo's children in Detroit and the parents of the 2 white boys from New York, all murdered and why? Because they were fools to understand that DIGNITY is as important as food in the belly of HUMAN BEINGS and they answered the call to help black folk as "stupid" as they were attain that human DIGNITY? Course if they'd hung around and listened to YOU, they'd know that a couple bucks for 300 years of dehumanizing degradation and forced labor of OUR ancestors is what's important. A couple pieces of paper with pix of dead prez is what YOU think black college grad Baby Boomers lucky to get a NON-supervisory job at the Post Office and 90% of employed black Baby Boomer women slinging mops in Miss Anne's kitchen, hospitals, and office buildings should have been up in arms about, NOT the indignity of watching people dumber than themselves climb the corporate ladder on their bowed backs, right? :10100:

Btw, how many times have YOU put yourself in harm's way for black people's sake, misguided or not?

Oh, and FYI - the civil rights movement was about just that - civil rights, NOT "integration" which only came along only as a byproduct.

Last edited:
Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: