Black People Politics : Reparations Movement Growing Strong...Closer than you think

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
  1. Clyde C Coger Jr: Ray Ray ... thanks.
  2. Today at 1:43 PM
    Ray Ray: H.R.40 Reparations, Is a reason to push a vote, share It with your family and friends Let's get our just-due.

Latest Action: House - 03/08/2018 ASSUMING FIRST SPONSORSHIP - Ms. Jackson Lee asked unanimous consent that she may hereafter be considered as the first sponsor of H.R. 40, a bill originally introduced by former Representative Conyers, for purposes of adding cosponsors and requesting reprintings... (All Actions)

https://www.congress.gov/search?q={"congress":"115","source":"legislation","search":"hr40"}&searchResultViewType=expanded

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Another civil rights leader, Bayard Rustin, responded, “If my great-grandfather picked cotton for 50 years, then he may deserve some money, but he’s dead and gone and nobody owes me anything.”
:facepalm:

What Reparations for Slavery Might Look Like in 2019
The idea of economic amends for past injustices and persistent disparities is getting renewed attention. Here are some formulas for achieving the aim

If you’re surprised that the issue of reparations for black Americans has taken so long to resolve, blame the president, President Andrew Johnson. Within months of Lincoln’s assassination, though, President Johnson rescinded the order and returned the land to its former owners; congress made another attempt at compensation, but Johnson vetoed it...

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/23/business/economy/reparations-slavery.html?utm_source=pocket-newtab
By Patricia Cohen

Illustrations by Shawn Theodore for The New York Times

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

REPARATIONS: RACIAL JUSTICE IN AMERICA DEPENDS ON UNDERSTANDING THE TRUTH OF OUR PAST

These articles and essays are merely the beginning of a necessary conversation that we as a nation have put off for far too long. Justice, however, demands it, and the ACLU couldn’t be more honored to provide a forum for these critical voices...

1562208306755.png

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

The case for reparations begins with people like my great-great grandparents

The 400th anniversary of slavery in the United States coincides with a Democratic presidential primary in which reparations for slavery have played a surprisingly prominent role. Marianne Williamson proposed providing up to $500 billion in repayment to black Americans, while Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) has reinterpreted reparations through “baby bonds” and a proposed measure to study the effects of slavery...

Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) testifies about reparation for the descendants of slaves during a hearing before the House Judiciary Subcommittee on the Constitution, Civil Rights and Civil Liberties, June 19. (Pablo Martinez Monsivais/AP)
1567079197998.png

By A.T. McWilliams

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
Implementation and Sustainment
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.
It's okay to admire otherz, but first, love self. ELEVATE your self-image by having a healthy love & respect for yourself. ✍