Black People Politics : Reparations Movement Growing Strong...Closer than you think

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
"perplexing and troublesome" you say! :( I'd say it's downright discussing and treasonous! :mad: And people like her actually think they are qualified to lead us! I wonder just who in the hell she thinks the enemy is? :confused:

Right ... And likewise my friend, you are certainly entitled to personal impressions and opinions, but not your own set of facts. As I stated, but for the magnitude of the progress made on the issue of Reparations, the extent of the degree to which unfolds:

Deadria Farmer-Paellmann with attorney Bruce Afran

On Tuesday, May 22, 2007, the Supreme Court of the United States docketed a petition filed by Deadria Farmer-Paellmann -- the descendant of Africans enslaved in South Carolina -- asking the Court to hear a case against 17 major financial institutions for their role in financing, underwriting and supporting slavery. At issue is whether statues of limitations should be tolled to permit slave descendants to bring actions for restitution against the corporations that allegedly earned profits enslaving Africans in violation of Northern antislavery laws. The case is entitled, Farmer-Paellmann v. Brown & Williamson, No. 06-1533. The defendants in the action include: FleetBoston Financial Corporation, Aetna Inc., JP Morgan Chase Manhattan Bank, New York Life Insurance Co., Lehman Bros, AIG, and Brown Brothers Harriman.

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/reparations-movement-growing-strong-closer-than-you-think.61773/page-4#post-637902

Last edited:

sekou kasimu

PanAfrikanist Revolutionary
PREMIUM MEMBER
Apr 12, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
sowetomovement.blogspot.com
Occupation
Retired Ironworker
Right ... And likewise my friend, you are certainly entitled to personal impressions and opinions, but not your own set of facts. As I stated, but for the magnitude of the progress made on the issue of Reparations, the extent of the degree to which unfolds:

Deadria Farmer-Paellmann with attorney Bruce Afran

On Tuesday, May 22, 2007, the Supreme Court of the United States docketed a petition filed by Deadria Farmer-Paellmann -- the descendant of Africans enslaved in South Carolina -- asking the Court to hear a case against 17 major financial institutions for their role in financing, underwriting and supporting slavery. At issue is whether statues of limitations should be tolled to permit slave descendants to bring actions for restitution against the corporations that allegedly earned profits enslaving Africans in violation of Northern antislavery laws. The case is entitled, Farmer-Paellmann v. Brown & Williamson, No. 06-1533. The defendants in the action include: FleetBoston Financial Corporation, Aetna Inc., JP Morgan Chase Manhattan Bank, New York Life Insurance Co., Lehman Bros, AIG, and Brown Brothers Harriman.

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/reparations-movement-growing-strong-closer-than-you-think.61773/page-8#post-637902
What exactly was it that I said that constitutes an opinion? Fact, she is married to a European right. Fact, Europeans are our historical (some say natural) and traditional enemies right? Her piecemeal approach to obtaining reparations leaves a lot to be desired! It should be led by Afrikans married to Afrikans! Her ego/arrogance obviously got in the way. So what if the court docketed the petition! Al Sharpton and his followers compelled the court to try George Zimmerman, for the murder of Trayvon Martin and look at the result. Even if she wins the case the settlement will pale in comparison to the trillions owed us! It's best that people like her stay out of the way! :)

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
What exactly was it that I said that constitutes an opinion? Fact, she is married to a European right. Fact, Europeans are our historical (some say natural) and traditional enemies right? Her piecemeal approach to obtaining reparations leaves a lot to be desired! It should be led by Afrikans married to Afrikans! Her ego/arrogance obviously got in the way. So what if the court docketed the petition! Al Sharpton and his followers compelled the court to try George Zimmerman, for the murder of Trayvon Martin and look at the result. Even if she wins the case the settlement will pale in comparison to the trillions owed us! It's best that people like her stay out of the way! :)

It can be said, you are great at arm-chair or Monday morning quarterbacking, for sure.

One last question; when did you first learn of Deadria's case?

Last edited:

sekou kasimu

PanAfrikanist Revolutionary
PREMIUM MEMBER
Apr 12, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
sowetomovement.blogspot.com
Occupation
Retired Ironworker
It can be said, you are great at arm-chair or Monday morning quarterbacking, for sure.

One last question; when did you first learn of Deadria's case?
For your information I was a political prisoner for 12 years! :mad: I was convicted of armed bank robbery. I was confined to a cell 23/7 in the U.S. Penitentiary in Marion, Illinois for 6 years and 4 months of that time! :( I resent your "you are great at arm-chair or Monday morning quarterbacking" statement. While so confined my mother, father, grandfather, and favorite uncle all died within a 2 year period, and I was not allowed to attend any viewings, much less any wake or burials. So tell me, what freedom dues have you paid? Have you ever even been arrested for say participation in a civil disobedience protest? I bet you haven't because it has been my experience that folk like you, are the first to caste aspersions about others' track record, and wouldn't throw "a rock in a race riot"! I had a similar conversation with Al Sharpton on national radio yesterday, in reference to the death of Nelson Mandela. I'll give you the same advice I gave him, be careful what you say to people you don't know. Not all true believers like me are as understanding as I am. ;)

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

We want to make this website the last destination for people who wish to the right product for their needs. Regardless of whether it be a new gaming keyboard, baby product, trendy fashion, monitors and or workstation gadgets, you will consider our unbiased reviews on only beasts.com the essential guide to understanding your choices.
https://only-beasts.com
Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.