Black People Politics : Reparations Movement Growing Strong...Closer than you think

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,465
    This makes the case for Reparations even clearer:

9 Biggest Owners of Enslaved Africans

1. [​IMG] Today at 12:48 PM - Destee:
      absolutely Brother OldSoul ... the same way 45 is try'n to hide his russian money ... they hide their slave money
    2. [​IMG] Today at 12:44 PM - Destee:
      and who counts a slave for real ... ?? ... they aint count'n the thousands they killed at their leisure

3. [​IMG] Today at 12:39 PM - Destee:
      Joseph Blake - Buford, South Carolina - owned 575 enslaved Africans - enslaved Africans for generations - 2 plantations

1. [​IMG] Today at 12:36 PM - Destee:
      yes - sanctioned by the US government - fa shizzle
    2. [​IMG] Today at 12:35 PM - Destee:
      Governor Robert Withers Allston - South Carolina - owned 631 enslaved Africans

3. [​IMG] Today at 12:31 PM - Destee:
      Colonel Joseph Acklen ... Louisiana - owned 659 enslaved Africans
    4. [​IMG] Today at 12:28 PM - Destee:
      It's still like that now Brother OldSoul ... in many cases ... some black homes still look like slave quarters today, while white's live in opulence

5. [​IMG] Today at 12:27 PM - Destee:
      Aiken family name changed - Maybanks - and they still own the property
    6. [​IMG] Today at 12:23 PM - Destee:
      William Aiken - South Carolina - owned 700 Enslaved Africans

7. [​IMG] Today at 12:22 PM - Destee:
      we wish we could have had the fruit of our labor ... so many things
    8. [​IMG] Today at 12:20 PM - Destee:
      Meredith Calhoun - Louisiana - owned 709 Enslaved Africans - produced more cotton than any other property in Louisiana
    9. [​IMG] Today at 12:16 PM - Destee:
      John Burnside - 753 Enslaved Africans - Louisiana - largest sugar producer of his time - owned 10 different plantations before he died
    10. [​IMG] Today at 12:16 PM - Destee:

11. #2 - Stephen Duncan - owned 858 Enslaved Africans - Mississippi

12. piece ofpeace
    13. [​IMG] Today at 12:13 PM - Destee:
      John Ward - Plantation - South Carolina - owned 1130 enslaved Africans - produced 4 million pounds of rice
    14. [​IMG] Today at 12:11 PM - Destee:
      that looks like mobile alabama
    15. [​IMG] Today at 12:10 PM - Clyde C Coger Jr:
      Thank you, I'm sure it will ...

16. [​IMG] Today at 12:08 PM - Clyde C Coger Jr:
      They shole after Maxine Waters ... :facepalm:

17. [​IMG] Today at 12:04 PM - Clyde C Coger Jr:
      The Alt-Right, White Nationalist, kkk, etc ...
    18. [​IMG] Today at 12:04 PM - Destee:
      yes - i agree Brother OldSoul - i think Obama's presidency sparked it all.

19. [​IMG] Today at 8:26 AM - OldSoul:
      Consciousness Raising OnLine - Noon ET - at DesteeLive - Topic: 9 Largest $$$$$ (You have to be there - I've been up all night preparing this)
    OldSoul

2. sekou kasimu

sekou kasimu PanAfrikanist Revolutionary MEMBER

United States
    Retired Ironworker
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +1,015
    So who's leading the Reparations Movement? I do hope it's not the integrationists!!!

3. Hermetic

Hermetic Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +560
    How much do you guys project each person who can prove ancestry will receive? I know how much Native Americans received per capita, and I can tell you it was a pittance (about $1400 per capita). I seriously doubt reparations will ever be paid. Even if I am wrong on that point, I seriously doubt more will be paid per capita to our people than was paid to Native Americans.

4. sekou kasimu

United States
    Retired Ironworker
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +1,015
    The amount will be a part of the negotiations to stop the fighting. You don't think these people will give it up without a fight do you? Lol

5. IntuitioninMD_2

IntuitioninMD_2 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +65
    Anger Management

It makes me very angry to know and accept that many of our people have not signed the reparations petition for African Americans.

What is wrong with some of our people? Is it slavery PTSD or stupidity? Or do some of us just don't care about one another. Did we quit fighting for what we deserve?

They owe us. I am for equal pay for women, but I am also for equal pay and opportunity access for African Americans. According to the US Census, approximately 25% of African Americans household incomes are below the poverty level, less than $15,000 per year.

https://www.census.gov/content/dam/Census/library/publications/2015/demo/p60-252.pdf

IT IS TIME RIGHT NOW FOR OUR COUNTRY TO PAY US OUR DUE REPARATIONS! And we need to file more EEOC lawsuits and utilize what is in the census. They are not collecting this information for NO reason.

Finally, many of our household incomes are low due to Single Parenthood. We need to be providing our children with a 2 parent household!

6. Hermetic

United States
    Ratings:
    +560
    Ok, I see you are a dreamer.

7. sekou kasimu

United States
    Retired Ironworker
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +1,015
    Dreamer, no, realist, yes! So you think that whites are going to stop brutalizing and murdering us, and none of us will unite and fight back? Wrong!!!

8. Hermetic

United States
    Ratings:
    +560
    First, there is no need for the straw man argument. Adding on your statement about what you think I am thinking and then arguing against it is a logical fallacy.

Second, what sort of military training do you possess. Have you ever been in battle? Have you led men into battle. What was your final rank, if you were ever in the military? Do you understand the logistical and training problems that would need to be overcame before you could ever create a fighting force with even a modicum chance of pulling off what you desire? Do you have any sort of supply lines to keep your troops clothed, fed, and armed while conducting your revolution? Have you created plans on how to deal with your casualties, your dead?

Add in the fact that the very people you would need to help accomplish such a goal are reviled by you, I seriously doubt you will ever be able to overcome the logistic problems inherent in leading your revolution. Heck, the vast majority of your so called soldiers would die in a few weeks from starvation and disease, with your supply lines (food, clothing, medical equipment, etc.) cutoff from the cities. In the end, your so called revolution would more than likely leave you and many others who followed you casualties, and the rest imprisoned. There would be no negotiating from a position of strength, and instead will just be death and destruction of the very communities we are suppose to be uplifting.

No sir, you are not a realist. You are a dreamer.

9. sekou kasimu

United States
    Retired Ironworker
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +1,015
    And you sir are a patriotic American negro who thinks the white man is invincible! I know he is not, the Vietnamese freedom fighters proved it to my satisfaction. In addition, you obviously don't understand low intensity, unconventional warfare which is the way of the world today. High intensity, conventional warfare is a thing of the pass. You should have learned that from 9/11 and ISIS!!! Read "The Military Art of People's War" by the Vietnamese general who defeated the United States military. I am not sure of the spelling but I think it's Vo Nguyen Giap. PS Who did I revile?

10. Hermetic

United States
    Ratings:
    +560
    You revile educated black people. A lot of them have served in the military as Line and Staff Officers (I myself included), who have an intimate knowledge of both sides of the equation to creating, maintaining, and leading effective fighting forces. Since you did not answer my questions, I can assume that you have no real training and experience. I find that funny about many of you revolutionaries, because many of you never actually go out and get the very training you need to effectively conduct your revolution.

On to Vietnam's success. Do you think Vietnam accomplished the feat of defeating the US alone? Vietnam had help from the USSR and China, both had an interest in spreading their economic system and stymieing US interests. They received the training, supplies, rest and relaxation needed to aid them in fighting the invading US. Do you have any allies with the means of war production and ability to counter the air power of the US? Also, the Vietnamese Army were on their home turf with a greater understanding of their environment than the invading army. Your revolution is a civil war where both sides are familiar with the terrain, giving no advantage to your future ragtag ill trained and equipped guerrilla army of misfits. Last, the North Vietnamese Army and people were not dependent on the US government for the necessities of life. They could hide in their jungles and conduct a guerrilla war. Your so called army would have no such independence, since many of your soldiers would be dependent on the very governments (city, state, federal) they are fighting against.

You also must understand that the political and social situation is wholly different. The US went into Vietnam at the request of France, who wanted to regain control over Indochina. The US interest was really to make sure France joined the new NATO organization to help counter the USSR's influence in Europe. The US social and political will was not wholly behind the venture. You would not be labeled revolutionaries by a significant portion of the US population, like the North Vietnamese were, fighting for your homeland and freedom. You would be labeled domestic terrorist by at least 86% (we only make at most 14% of the US population) of the US population, giving the US government all it needed socially and politically to eradicate you and your followers.

Unlike you and most of your future followers, the US military has actually conducted many low intensity conflicts around the world. Your knowledge of the subject is wholly intellectual and second hand, while the ones you would be fighting have actual experience in conducting low intensity conflicts and training guerrilla warriors.