Black People Politics : Reparations Movement Growing Strong...Closer than you think

sekou kasimu

PanAfrikanist Revolutionary
Apr 12, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
sowetomovement.blogspot.com
Occupation
Retired Ironworker
It can be said, you are great at arm-chair or Monday morning quarterbacking, for sure.

One last question; when did you first learn of Deadria's case?
For your information I was a political prisoner for 12 years! :mad: I was convicted of armed bank robbery. I was confined to a cell 23/7 in the U.S. Penitentiary in Marion, Illinois for 6 years and 4 months of that time! :( I resent your "you are great at arm-chair or Monday morning quarterbacking" statement. While so confined my mother, father, grandfather, and favorite uncle all died within a 2 year period, and I was not allowed to attend any viewings, much less any wake or burials. So tell me, what freedom dues have you paid? Have you ever even been arrested for say participation in a civil disobedience protest? I bet you haven't because it has been my experience that folk like you, are the first to caste aspersions about others' track record, and wouldn't throw "a rock in a race riot"! I had a similar conversation with Al Sharpton on national radio yesterday, in reference to the death of Nelson Mandela. I'll give you the same advice I gave him, be careful what you say to people you don't know. Not all true believers like me are as understanding as I am. ;)

sekou kasimu

PanAfrikanist Revolutionary
Apr 12, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
sowetomovement.blogspot.com
Occupation
Retired Ironworker
For your information I was a political prisoner for 12 years! :mad: I was convicted of armed bank robbery. I was confined to a cell 23/7 in the U.S. Penitentiary in Marion, Illinois for 6 years and 4 months of that time! :( I resent your "you are great at arm-chair or Monday morning quarterbacking" statement. While so confined my mother, father, grandfather, and favorite uncle all died within a 2 year period, and I was not allowed to attend any viewings, much less any wake or burials. So tell me, what freedom dues have you paid? Have you ever even been arrested for say participation in a civil disobedience protest? I bet you haven't because it has been my experience that folk like you, are the first to caste aspersions about others' track record, and wouldn't throw "a rock in a race riot"! I had a similar conversation with Al Sharpton on national radio yesterday, in reference to the death of Nelson Mandela. I'll give you the same advice I gave him, be careful what you say to people you don't know. Not all true believers like me are as understanding as I am. ;)
P.S. I hate football for the very same reasons that Condalessa Rice says she like it, i.e., its' warlike qualities"!

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Will you answer the question? When did you first learn of Deadria's case?

Last edited:

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
Thanks for the info.; I will try to find time to listen to the broadcast.

Unfortunately, I don't believe we will be getting reparations. The U.S. and most of Europe would be held to account, and they are not about to bankrupt themselves or spiritually atone and depart with their assets and resources as a form of restitution - to attempt to make whole what is so broken.

Reparations should have been at the forefront during Reconstruction and through the Civil Rights Movement (which should have been defined and described as a Human Rights Movement) and brought before the world court. Instead, the baby boomers settled for being able to shop where white folks do and sit next to them on the bus.
Please seek out someone who was actually an activist in the CRM and have them eradicate some of the pathetic ignorance you have displayed about what went down.

Btw, when you're handcuffed, jailed, beaten WHILE in jail for being so uppity as to sit next to a white "folk" on the bus... or not give up your seat for a white "folk" when you were on the bus first, why would getting a couple bucks for 300 years of free labor of your ancestors be a priority? Why would you demand the same CIVIL rights as every other American when you can march for payment of a couple bucks for 300 years of forced labor of your ancestors? Do YOU in your contempt for those who put their lives on the line so that you wouldn't be humiliated when your white co-workers go to lunch and can sit at a table while you have to take your greasy bag of fried chicken outside and eat it on the "stoop"... do YOU think that instead of throwing open the doors to the funeral home so that the world could come in and see her 14 year-old son's battered, broken, mutilated, DEAD body identified ONLY by his WWII deceased veteran father's ring and possibly save YOU from a similar fate, that Mamie Till should have been begging the white PTB for a couple bucks for 300 years of forced labor of her ancestors?

Seek out someone who was an activist in the CRM before you throw your churlish, UNGRATEFUL contempt - whether out of ignorance or not - on young people who took their lives in their hands and stepped out on faith that they could change black Americans' circumstances that culminated in them changing the world! Oh, and while you're at it, send your bile to the "stupid" white woman Viola Luizzo's children in Detroit and the parents of the 2 white boys from New York, all murdered and why? Because they were fools to understand that DIGNITY is as important as food in the belly of HUMAN BEINGS and they answered the call to help black folk as "stupid" as they were attain that human DIGNITY? Course if they'd hung around and listened to YOU, they'd know that a couple bucks for 300 years of dehumanizing degradation and forced labor of OUR ancestors is what's important. A couple pieces of paper with pix of dead prez is what YOU think black college grad Baby Boomers lucky to get a NON-supervisory job at the Post Office and 90% of employed black Baby Boomer women slinging mops in Miss Anne's kitchen, hospitals, and office buildings should have been up in arms about, NOT the indignity of watching people dumber than themselves climb the corporate ladder on their bowed backs, right? :10100:

Btw, how many times have YOU put yourself in harm's way for black people's sake, misguided or not?

Oh, and FYI - the civil rights movement was about just that - civil rights, NOT "integration" which only came along only as a byproduct.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Admittedly, the post and poster you quoted and replied to, definitely reflects a very narrow minded point of view, in the scheme of things; and presents misguided reasoning, completely contrary to the continual fight for Reparations ... Great counter-point to the problematic view blaming "baby boomers."

Please seek out someone who was actually an activist in the CRM and have them eradicate some of the pathetic ignorance you have displayed about what went down.

Btw, when you're handcuffed, jailed, beaten WHILE in jail for being so uppity as to sit next to a white "folk" on the bus... or not give up your seat for a white "folk" when you were on the bus first, why would getting a couple bucks for 300 years of free labor of your ancestors be a priority? Why would you demand the same CIVIL rights as every other American when you can march for payment of a couple bucks for 300 years of forced labor of your ancestors? Do YOU in your contempt for those who put their lives on the line so that you wouldn't be humiliated when your white co-workers go to lunch and can sit at a table while you have to take your greasy bag of fried chicken outside and eat it on the "stoop"... do YOU think that instead of throwing open the doors to the funeral home so that the world could come in and see her 14 year-old son's battered, broken, mutilated, DEAD body identified ONLY by his WWII deceased veteran father's ring and possibly save YOU from a similar fate, that Mamie Till should have been begging the white PTB for a couple bucks for 300 years of forced labor of her ancestors?

Seek out someone who was an activist in the CRM before you throw your churlish, UNGRATEFUL contempt - whether out of ignorance or not - on young people who took their lives in their hands and stepped out on faith that they could change black Americans' circumstances that culminated in them changing the world! Oh, and while you're at it, send your bile to the "stupid" white woman Viola Luizzo's children in Detroit and the parents of the 2 white boys from New York, all murdered and why? Because they were fools to understand that DIGNITY is as important as food in the belly of HUMAN BEINGS and they answered the call to help black folk as "stupid" as they were attain that human DIGNITY? Course if they'd hung around and listened to YOU, they'd know that a couple bucks for 300 years of dehumanizing degradation and forced labor of OUR ancestors is what's important. A couple pieces of paper with pix of dead prez is what YOU think black college grad Baby Boomers lucky to get a NON-supervisory job at the Post Office and 90% of employed black Baby Boomer women slinging mops in Miss Anne's kitchen, hospitals, and office buildings should have been up in arms about, NOT the indignity of watching people dumber than themselves climb the corporate ladder on their bowed backs, right? :10100:

Btw, how many times have YOU put yourself in harm's way for black people's sake, misguided or not?

Oh, and FYI - the civil rights movement was about just that - civil rights, NOT "integration" which only came along only as a byproduct.

Last edited:

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa and Update!

Reparations Movement Growing Strong...Closer than you think

.......This is the latest information I could find on the Reparations Lawsuit prior to May, 2007:

A Federal Court of Appeals Revives a Class Action Seeking Compensation for Slavery in America

By ANTHONY J. SEBOK
Tuesday, Dec. 19, 2006
Efforts to hold corporate America accountable for slavery got an unexpected boost last week, when the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit revived a massive class action litigation that had been dismissed by a federal district court in Chicago.

As I will explain, the decision, which was authored by Judge Richard Posner, is a bit of a paradox: It offers the standard conservative analysis of the slavery claims, while also introducing an extremely liberal interpretation of state consumer fraud laws.

http://writ.news.findlaw.com/sebok/20061219.html

In the Spirit of Consolidation,

... Found this tucked safely away in the Archives, all two (2) posts (605) views, posted by the OP and no response replies from the community :facepalm:

Reparations - Partial Legal Victory

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Dec 22, 2006

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/reparations-partial-legal-victory.43621/

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/reparations-partial-legal-victory.43621/#post-453403

Last edited:

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

White supremacy is alive and well: Ta-Nehisi Coates and the case for reparations

"The filter of white supremacy is greatly underestimated in this country," says the Atlantic writer VIDEO
BILL MOYERS, BILLMOYERS.COM

This piece originally appeared on BillMoyers.com.

Signs of overt racism still are all around us, be it a New Hampshire police commissioner’s use of an ethnic slur to describe President Obama or an NBA team owner’s disturbing remarks about black athletes and fans. By now, we all know the drill, the media calls these people out for their ugly words and we play our parts, shaking our heads in sad disbelief — then return to our daily lives.

Ta-Nehisi Coates, a senior editor at The Atlantic magazine, thinks it’s time for a bold step to change the way we talk and think about race in America. This week, Bill speaks to Coates about his June cover story for the magazine, provocatively titled “The Case for Reparations.” In it, Coates argues that we have to dig deeper into our past and the original sin of slavery, confronting the institutional racism that continues to pervade society. From the lynching tree to today’s mass incarceration of young African-Americans, he says we need to examine our motives more intently and reconcile the moral debt and economic damage inflicted upon generations of black Americans.

Click to see the Video:

http://www.salon.com/2014/05/22/white_supremacy_is_alive_and_well_ta_nehesi_coates_and_the_case_for_reparations_partner/

Ta-Nehisi Coates (/ˌtɑːnəˈhɑːsi ˈkoʊts/tah-nə-hah-seekohts;[1] born 1975) is an American senior editor for The Atlantic and a blogger for the publication's website. Coates has worked for The Village Voice,Washington City Paper, and Time. He has contributed to The New York Times Magazine,The Washington Post, The Washington Monthly, O, and other publications. In 2008 he published a memoir, The Beautiful Struggle: A Father, Two Sons, and an Unlikely Road to Manhood.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ta-Nehisi_Coates

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

cherryblossom

Banned
Feb 28, 2009

What Reparations in America Could Look Like

Hamilton Nolan

9/22/14 1:30pm

Ta-Nehisi Coates made the case that America owes reparations to its black community. But he purposely left out the details of what a reparations program might look like. We will now make a proposal, for your consideration.

Coates' May essay in The Atlantic, a masterful blend of emotion and fact, focused on the hardest part of the reparations debate: convincing Americans that some sort of reparations are just, plausible, and necessary. That debate clearly is not won. But we want to leave that aside for a moment. Coates made the case better than we would, and besides, that god **** argument is a neverending nightmare. What we would like to do is to take a moment to think about the second, and equally important, part of the reparations issue: the substance of the reparations. If the United States diddecide to have some sort of program of reparations focused on righting the wrongs of the past, what might that program look like?

...complete here:

http://gawker.com/what-reparations-in-america-could-look-like-1633066247

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

butterfly#1 wrote on Angela22's profile.
Absolutely!
Destee wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :love: :yaay: :kiss: :yaay: :love:
Love is Gonna Last!!
Destee wrote on One-Hundredd's profile.
@One-Hundredd and @Clyde C Coger Jr ... everyone can add images and video to their own albums (as well as other categories) by clicking the MEDIA link at the top of the page too ... using this link ... https://destee.com/media/ ... just click ... ADD NEW ... to add new images / videos ... Loving Us! Thanks to both of you! :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister - I owe you a phone call. Don't give up on me. I Love You! :heart: