Black People : Reparations List

Why is it when it comes to the conversation of reparations for slavery, you have people thinking like this:

Reparations for Slavery: They have already been paid

Yet, for people other than Black, this is what they receive

History of Reparations Payment
(Also posted by others here)
https://www.mtholyoke.edu/~kmporter/historyreparations.htm
When it comes to reparations for slavery, Black people should be talking in dollars and cents because of how we were viewed and treated as property, used as laborers and not monetarily compensated for our work and used as breeders, bought and sold on auction blocks in exchange for money. And, another point, Black people should be compensated for being discriminated against post-emancipation and forced to live separately without equitable access to the same quality of community services, education, jobs, and other societal conditions, as compared to white people. Just changing the civil rights laws has not compensated us equitably for what we lost, such as equal wages for equal work. And it should come as no surprise to many, that unequal pay conditions continue to exist. For those that like to point out the progress that Black people have made since the CRM, check this out:

Racial, gender wage gaps...

Now, that's a 2 year old article and conditions may have shifted slightly, but I guarantee you, not by much and definitely not equal to White and Asian wages.

If we're going to talk about reparations, let's not shoot ourselves in the foot by trying to be fancy or creative...talk in the language that we all understand and the sole reason why we were dragged here in the first place...dollars, current value and with interest. There's some pros and cons to having your DNA tested but it could turn out to be an African American's BFF in terms of identifying your roots and lineage and shedding a whole new light on the discussion about reparations.

I'm just say'n...

If we're going to talk about reparations, let's not shoot ourselves in the foot by trying to be fancy or creative...talk in the language that we all understand and the sole reason why we were dragged here in the first place...dollars, current value and with interest. There's some pros and cons to having your DNA tested but it could turn out to be an African American's BFF in terms of identifying your roots and lineage and shedding a whole new light on the discussion about reparations.

I'm just say'n...
my DNA is 80% west African. how did i end up in Virginia ?????

my DNA is 80% west African. how did i end up in Virginia ?????
My point exactly. Before DNA testing was refined, white folk would argue against paying reparations to Blacks in America, claiming we couldn't prove where we were from or our lineage. That's changing for us now because we can now document and prove places of origin. Add that to the stories our ancestors told us and making the effort to verify those stories gives us even more evidence in our favor. Modern science is helping African Americans and our arguments in favor of reparations.

Why is it when it comes to the conversation of reparations for slavery, you have people thinking like this:

Reparations for Slavery: They have already been paid

Yet, for people other than Black, this is what they receive

History of Reparations Payment
(Also posted by others here)
When it comes to reparations for slavery, Black people should be talking in dollars and cents because of how we were viewed and treated as property, used as laborers and not monetarily compensated for our work and used as breeders, bought and sold on auction blocks in exchange for money. And, another point, Black people should be compensated for being discriminated against post-emancipation and forced to live separately without equitable access to the same quality of community services, education, jobs, and other societal conditions, as compared to white people. Just changing the civil rights laws has not compensated us equitably for what we lost, such as equal wages for equal work. And it should come as no surprise to many, that unequal pay conditions continue to exist. For those that like to point out the progress that Black people have made since the CRM, check this out:

Racial, gender wage gaps...

Now, that's a 2 year old article and conditions may have shifted slightly, but I guarantee you, not by much and definitely not equal to White and Asian wages.

I'm just say'n...

Reparations has always been about money/ economics. That’s kinda what the definition of reparations is.

reparation
NOUN
mass noun
  • 1. The action of making amends for a wrong one has done, by providing payment or other assistance to those who have been wronged.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back