The Front Porch : REPARATIONS IS DUE NOW

WHY WILL ANYONE SAY THAT "SLAVERY WAS GOOD FOR THE AFRICANS?

• Total voters
LOL!....You killin' me, SJ!

Yes, this is funny but also sad because there is so much truth in it as well.

But whatever they'd call the "card," I wouldn't be shamed at all!

In fact, I got my eye on some baaad shoes!...Been waiting for them to go on sale...... But if I had muh card, I'd go git 'em rat now! :lol:

I'd be smackin' my card down on the counter like it's a Amex BLACK! :lol:

WHEW! I know dats right!

Me too!

shucks, I would be holdn up the line too, makin sure they process ma card right!

so if you like tht quote. Why don't we deserve on a serious note some type of compensation? I apologize if you do.

Have I said anything that's gives you the impression that I do NOT support reparations/compensation for African Americans?

However, Rep. John Conyers expresses well why "we deserve some type of compensation." >>>>

...Mr. Conyers has requested the number of the bill, 40, as a symbol of the forty acres and a mule that the United States initially promised freed slaves. This unfulfilled promise and the serious devastation that slavery had on African-American lives has never been officially recognized by the United States Government.

Mr. Conyers legislation does four things: (1) acknowledges the fundamental injustice and inhumanity of slavery; (2) establishes a commission to study slavery and its subsequent racial and economic discrimination against freed slaves; (3) studies the impact of those forces on today's living Africa Americans; and (4) would allow the commission to make recommendations to Congress on appropriate remedies to redress the harm inflicted on living African-Americans.

....It is a fact that slavery flourished in the United States and constituted an immoral and inhumane deprivation of African slaves' lives, liberty, and cultural heritage. As a result, millions of African-Americans today continue to suffer great injustices. Our country can no longer afford to leave slavery in the past and the issue of reparations for African-Americans must be resolved.

...http://www.johnconyers.com/issues/reparations

Have I said anything that's gives you the impression that I do NOT support reparations/compensation for African Americans?

However, Rep. John Conyers expresses well why "we deserve some type of compensation." >>>>

Mr. Conyers has requested the number of the bill, 40, as a symbol of the forty acres and a mule that the United States initially promised freed slaves. This unfulfilled promise and the serious devastation that slavery had on African-American lives has never been officially recognized by the United States Government.

Mr. Conyers legislation does four things: (1) acknowledges the fundamental injustice and inhumanity of slavery; (2) establishes a commission to study slavery and its subsequent racial and economic discrimination against freed slaves; (3) studies the impact of those forces on today's living Africa Americans; and (4) would allow the commission to make recommendations to Congress on appropriate remedies to redress the harm inflicted on living African-Americans.

....It is a fact that slavery flourished in the United States and constituted an immoral and inhumane deprivation of African slaves' lives, liberty, and cultural heritage. As a result, millions of African-Americans today continue to suffer great injustices. Our country can no longer afford to leave slavery in the past and the issue of reparations for African-Americans must be resolved.

...http://www.johnconyers.com/issues/reparations

-----------------------------------------

This was great to read! I especially like it when he said:

" As a result, millions of African-Americans today continue to suffer great injustices. Our country can no longer afford to leave slavery in the past and the issue of reparations for African-Americans must be resolved."

Even though I knew what it meant when this government put it in law, that they will not provide reparations, it didn't surprise me one bit. In fact, it reminds me of what happened in Egypt. In my opinion, it would be in their best interest if they did make some serious legal attempts to put reparations in action under their law, but based on the Bible, even if they tried, there is no way they could actually repay us for the damage done, and that was why the Creator 'hardened the pharaoh's heart' and taunted him...because he wanted to judge the system for what they SET UP ABOUT 400 YEARS PRIOR. The fact that a system would be bold enough to set up a system on human sacrifice and benefit from it and justify it, is like a catch-22. After all of those years, there is no way they can just say to the Creator, 'We apologize!!!' Sure, they can say it to us, the descendants, but the Creator ain't buyn it. Nevertheless, if this government is serious about 'their apology' then they need to do something, but it's not my worry because I know reparations is gonna come one way or another IN FULL for those who are patient. He gonna visit the iniquity of them on their third and fourth generations, that's what he said. The Bible reveals the fruits of apology and a contrite spirit and this means that if this government, especially the so-called 'White Christians' who benefitted from slavery are serious then they already know they have to do more than just say publicly in script, 'they apologize'. They already know that,they just think they can put up Black leaders as an excuse for falling short of providing reparations, but the whole reason why Jesus was willing to stand up against this system was because they so arrogantly thought they could be the perfect 'Children of God', and be better than 'His own elect', however they just finished celebrating JULY 4, the day they separated from Jesus!!!--So no matter what, and no matter how many Black Americans support this government, IT'S STILL THEIR GOVERNMENT!--for the few of us that don't. They got to get a hundred percent and they don't got that yet...and according to the Bible, they never will.

^^^^^ The U.S. and every European country have secretly agreed that they will never pay reparations for slavery.

...They all know that once any of them do so, the others will be challenged like falling dominoes.

Normally, you supply great source references in support of positions taken such as above, cherryblossom; was this a oversight, or is there proof of the secrecy available, just curious.

Many people say that the Africans ENSLAVED THEIR OWN PEOPLE. The Indians in the New World, where ENSLAVED by the Spanish, to be Sold to other Spanish people in the New World.

In 1515, the Spanish Crown Issued Licenses to Spanish Noblemen to Import Africans to the New World. How many Africans were at the Table when that Decision was Made?

Welcome to the group Gadema, enjoy.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back