The Front Porch : REPARATIONS IS DUE NOW

WHY WILL ANYONE SAY THAT "SLAVERY WAS GOOD FOR THE AFRICANS?

• Total voters
I think some folk agree with me because they agree with what I said, and don't automatically disagree with me because I'm not "Black enough".
Well which one are you? First you claim to be an "African Emigrant", then you hint at being White, now you're saying your mixed?

Excuse me if I smell BS.

Judging by your posts, I would say you are a White S. African. Whenever something bad is said about White folks, you immediately play the "divide and conquer" card and try to split Black people up.

That was the most direct and immediate result, but the main effect was that there is no longer any such thing, in law, as a "light skinned Black person". You are now, legally, whatever race you declare yourself to be to be. As far as qualifying for affirmative action programs, you might have to prove eligibility for that, though.

The 'one drop' rule was not overturned by that decision

Mark D. Shriver, a molecular anthropologist at Penn State University, has studied population with a team of researchers. In 2002 they published results of a study regarding the racial admixture of Americans who identified as white or black.
Shriver surveyed a 3,000-person sample from 25 locations in the United States and tested subjects for genetic make-up. ... In his study, of those persons who identified as black, their total ancestry reveals 18% white ancestry, the equivalent of having 22 white ancestors among the 128 5xgreat-grandparents. About 10% of blacks have more than 50% white ancestors. Population studies by researchers other than Shriver have found that in general, blacks had an average white ancestry of 25–30%. I got the 20-30% from a sentence in the paragraph you just read.

Obama's ancestry:

http://kennethelamb.blogspot.com/2008/02/barak-obama-questions-about-ethnic.html
Mr. Obama is 50% Caucasian, that from his mother. What those who want Mr. Obama to write history by becoming "America's first African-American president" ignore is that his father was ethnically Arabic, with only 1 relative ethnically African Negro - a maternal great-grandparent (Sen. Obama's great-great grandparent, thus the 6.25% ethnic contribution to the senator's ethnic composition.).
That means that Mr. Obama is 50% Caucasian from his mother's side. He is 43.75% Arabic, and 6.25% African Negro from his father's side.

I would like to know what these other studies are. Most studies I have found put that actual number at 17%. As far as Obama's family being ethnically Arabic that's nonsense. The Luo are not an Arabic or Arabian tribe.

Would you say the same to Obama? That politician is only 1/6 Black (1/2 White, 1/3 Arab, 1/6 Black), yet he is accepted as Black, though he has less AA genetic background than I do, and is as devoid of the "Black Experience" as I am, him because he has no Black American ancestry, and me because I grew up around the world, and not in the middle of an AA culture.

Yes. If he identified himself as "mostly" white. Like you.

Well which one are you? First you claim to be an "African Emigrant", then you hint at being White, now you're saying your mixed?

Excuse me if I smell BS.

Judging by your posts, I would say you are a White S. African. Whenever something bad is said about White folks, you immediately play the "divide and conquer" card and try to split Black people up.

Wetac0s, I will go one step further than you and say judging by his posts I smell somebody von someones alter ego!!!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back