The Front Porch : REPARATIONS IS DUE NOW

WHY WILL ANYONE SAY THAT "SLAVERY WAS GOOD FOR THE AFRICANS?

• Total voters

wetac0s

Dec 5, 2009
Wetac0s, I will go one step further than you and say judging by his posts I smell somebody von someones alter ego!!!
No I don't think he's Hildegard Von Whatever...Von Kraut sounded like a naive 14 year old girl.

CraigK sounds like he has a BA in English and is quite a wizard with words - which is why he had everyone fooled.

There are infiltrators of many types.

cherryblossom

Banned
Feb 28, 2009
Jamaica: Slavery apology 'would be fine'

Tuesday 06 March 2012
by Our Foreign Desk

Jamaican prime minister Portia Simpson Miller suggested today that the British government should finally apologise for enslaving Jamaican peoples' ancestors.
The PM also hinted that the former colony was ready to ditch the British monarchy and become a republic.
Talking to the BBC hours before Prince Harry landed at Kingston's Normal Manley Airport for a four-day visit, Ms Simpson Miller said: "No race should have been subjected to what out ancestors were subjected to - it was wicked and brutal.
"We gained our freedom through the sweat, blood and tears of our ancestors and we are now free.
"If Britain wishes to apologise, fine with us, no problem at all."
British slavers shipped hundreds of thousands of African people from their homeland to Jamaica from the 17th to early 19th centuries to work on commercial plantations.
Up to a third of the uprooted people died within three years of arriving in Jamaica.
The unpaid labour of the survivors generated enormous profits for the British ruling class.
Ms Simpson Miller, who had lunch with Prince Harry in Kingston, said: "Whether Britain will be able to pay compensation I don't know.
"We have heard the calls, but I'm not making any calls on the British government."
Ms Simpson Miller said that 2012 - the 50th year since independence from Britain - would be a good year to start electing its own head of state.
"We came on a long journey, from slavery to adult suffrage to our independence.
"We are a nation where our maturity is now saying we should look to a form of government which would take full charge of our destiny."
Ms Simpson Miller refused to be drawn on whether or when she might call a referendum on the issue, saying: "We will be celebrating our 50th anniversary in August, so for us to be looking at changes now is an appropriate time in our history."
She emphasised that her plans were not a personal attack on the British monarch.
"But in terms of our history we have some things to do."
[email protected]

cherryblossom

Banned
Feb 28, 2009
^^^^^ The U.S. and every European country have secretly agreed that they will never pay reparations for slavery.

...They all know that once any of them do so, the others will be challenged like falling dominoes.

skuderjaymes

Contextualizer Synthesizer
Nov 2, 2009
theory to application to discussion to percussion
Occupation
independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
^^^^^ The U.S. and every European country have secretly agreed that they will never pay reparations for slavery.

...They all know that once any of them do so, the others will be challenged like falling dominoes.
Why not? It would be great for the economy.. They'll have most of the money back within a few years. And for those few years.. the malls will be full.. the car lots empty.. gucci and Louis vutton will be sold out.. and so on.. We're talking about the ultimate consumers here.. that money won't buy any power.. or any foothold.. or anything other than temporary personal comfort. The job has been done on us.. we don't even know now to work together.. and there is definitely no trust.. so what do they have to lose? You give a crack head a million dollars and he'll by a million dollars worth of crack.. you give a consumer-head a million dollars and he'll buy a 2 million dollars worth of products, file bankruptcy and go to jail for not paying his taxes... and then the conversation about reparations would be over.

seriously though.. unless the reparations includes territory and some semblance of sovereignty.. it would just be a payoff.. in currency that they own and control.. there would be so much special reparations legislation aimed at getting that money back. Their would probably be some stipulation that you must receive that money electronically through a major bank.. and keep it their for a certain amount of time to avoid some penalty.. They'll never grant any real reparations because they don't respect African people.. never have.. never will.

-Peace.

cherryblossom

Banned
Feb 28, 2009
Why not? It would be great for the economy.. They'll have most of the money back within a few years. And for those few years.. the malls will be full.. the car lots empty.. gucci and Louis vutton will be sold out.. and so on.. We're talking about the ultimate consumers here.. that money won't buy any power.. or any foothold.. or anything other than temporary personal comfort. The job has been done on us.. we don't even know now to work together.. and there is definitely no trust.. so what do they have to lose? You give a crack head a million dollars and he'll by a million dollars worth of crack.. you give a consumer-head a million dollars and he'll buy a 2 million dollars worth of products, file bankruptcy and go to jail for not paying his taxes... and then the conversation about reparations would be over.

seriously though.. unless the reparations includes territory and some semblance of sovereignty.. it would just be a payoff.. in currency that they own and control.. there would be so much special reparations legislation aimed at getting that money back. Their would probably be some stipulation that you must receive that money electronically through a major bank.. and keep it their for a certain amount of time to avoid some penalty.. They'll never grant any real reparations because they don't respect African people.. never have.. never will.

-Peace.
Well, they only gave the Japanese $ 20k.....Surely, you don't think they'd ever give US anything even close to that?!

Yes, the car lots, malls, pawn shops and the "rent-to-own" places would be full; but even that "windfall" wouldn't last long cuz it wouldn't be that much money, no way.

houserunner

Feb 12, 2010
Plain and simple they will not do it because:

1. They have too much work (aka they will be too GOT DAMD lazy) to determine who are true descendants that were brought here under the slave doctrines.

2. There will have to be a line (in their eyes) of where should the payback should end and many of our legacy people have "intermingled" with other races and they do not want to go down that road due to said laziness... amongst OTHER things.

So given #2 that I laid out they would only try to play that ish and try to define who is "deserving", either by a time window or by blood purity. Either which way, I believe THEY would try to control and define the scope.

Like I have said before, reparations is more than likely not going to happen in this country for blacks. What we need more than anything is to break the BS hatred between brothers and sisters against brothers and sisters over BS that ain't about **** which would not go away even if reparations were given.

skuderjaymes

Nov 2, 2009
Occupation
Well, they only gave the Japanese $ 20k.....Surely, you don't think they'd ever give US anything even close to that?!

Yes, the car lots, malls, pawn shops and the "rent-to-own" places would be full; but even that "windfall" wouldn't last long cuz it wouldn't be that much money, no way.
I think it would be a big number on paper so they could point to it and say they paid us back.... and it would be a multi-generational plan sold as "ensuring the prosperity of future generations".. it would be so many billions of dollars paid out over so many years with so many conditions and strings attached that it would become just another burden. It would probably be dolled out monthly like social services benefits.. give you a reparations card with a monthly limit and that's only accepted in certain places. Black students would no longer qualify for student loans so a good portion of that reparations money would be spent on school.. which would suddenly become more expensive. a new reparations tax would emerge to force folks to put their money in certain kinds of financial instruments.. A generation later.. the market would "crash".. and just like with the Freedman's Bureau Bank the federal government setup after slavery.. that money would disappear.. and the multi-generational nature of the payout would prove it's worth as black folks blame their parents and grandparents for not being "smarter" with the money.. and the beat goes on.. and on.. an on.. the beat goes on.

cherryblossom

Banned
Feb 28, 2009
I think it would be a big number on paper so they could point to it and say they paid us back.... and it would be a multi-generational plan sold as "ensuring the prosperity of future generations".. it would be so many billions of dollars paid out over so many years with so many conditions and strings attached that it would become just another burden. It would probably be dolled out monthly like social services benefits.. give you a reparations card with a monthly limit and that's only accepted in certain places. Black students would no longer qualify for student loans so a good portion of that reparations money would be spent on school.. which would suddenly become more expensive. a new reparations tax would emerge to force folks to put their money in certain kinds of financial instruments.. A generation later.. the market would "crash".. and just like with the Freedman's Bureau Bank the federal government setup after slavery.. that money would disappear.. and the multi-generational nature of the payout would prove it's worth as black folks blame their parents and grandparents for not being "smarter" with the money.. and the beat goes on.. and on.. an on.. the beat goes on.
Well, you got it all worked out.

However, it's all neither here nor there.....John Conyers has taken Reparations to every Congress since '89; and all we've gotten so far is an "APOLOGY."

But, lol @ a "reparations card." ----I wonder what they'd call it....maybe the "40 acres & a mule card" ....or the "Moses Tubman card"....or the "Reconstructed Reconstruction card" :lol:

skuderjaymes

Nov 2, 2009
Occupation
Well, you got it all worked out.

However, it's all neither here nor there.....John Conyers has taken Reparations to every Congress since '89; and all we've gotten so far is an "APOLOGY."

But, lol @ a "reparations card." ----I wonder what they'd call it....maybe the "40 acres & a mule card" ....or the "Moses Tubman card"....or the "Reconstructed Reconstruction card" :lol:

yep.. and it would probably have a picture of a naked enslaved african couple being sold at the auction block on it.. and you know the kids of the next generation would be embarrassed when they mamas send them to the store with the "slave card"..

Chevron Dove

May 7, 2009
yep.. and it would probably have a picture of a naked enslaved african couple being sold at the auction block on it.. and you know the kids of the next generation would be embarrassed when they mamas send them to the store with the "slave card"..
hilarious! I only read the first page of this thread and the last, so I don't kow enough to comment but this is just too funny.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Allow the N Word - yes or no?

• yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 42.9%

Latest profile posts

Charles Thompson wrote on Enki's profile.
Good evening
"And I'm feeling good."-Nina Simone
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love:
Destee wrote on Charles Thompson's profile.
Hi Chuck ... is that you?!!! ... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! ... :yaay: ... I sure hope so! I have thought of you often! If it is not you, sorry for writing on your profile page @Charles Thompson and Welcome! ... :wave: