The Front Porch : REPARATIONS IS DUE NOW

WHY WILL ANYONE SAY THAT "SLAVERY WAS GOOD FOR THE AFRICANS?

• Total voters

Gadema Korboi Quoquoi

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 12, 2011
Many people say that the Africans ENSLAVED THEIR OWN PEOPLE. The Indians in the New World, where ENSLAVED by the Spanish, to be Sold to other Spanish people in the New World.

In 1515, the Spanish Crown Issued Licenses to Spanish Noblemen to Import Africans to the New World. How many Africans were at the Table when that Decision was Made?

But at least they Spanish converted them first, so while their bodies were enslaved, at least their souls were saved! (That is how the Spaniards justified it: they must have felt, deep down, that the practice of slavery was wrong, just as the Southern planters used the 'mark of Cain' to justify their own sin).
At one time or another, most peoples on earth have practiced slavery, in one form or another. St. Patrick was a slave, captured by Irish raiders.
The ancient Jews practiced perhaps the most benevolent form, where their law mandated that a slave must be treated as family, and freed after seven years.
Even today, slavery is alive and well in parts of the Middle East and Africa. Pity the media spends more time on celebrity screw-ups than they do on educating the public to this ongoing crime.

You do realize that Africans knew who GOD was while your ancestors were still worshiping idols in caves?

Voltaire said "All churches are but windows looking in on the One God". While I have no doubt that God was known in Africa from the beginning, I also know that He was known in other parts of the world, also from the beginning. The names for Him, the methods of worship, all varied, but God is God.

For example?

Now, if you are talking about a particular religion, there we can research. I am pretty sure that the gospel of Christ was preached in Africa hundreds of years before it was preached in Ireland. Islam? I would bet that it, too, reached Africa before it reached Europe: the original Arab adherents were zealous spreaders of the word.

Adam and Eve were Africans. They werent called Christians or Jews. They knew GOD a lot better than your ancestors. So did their kids. And their kids

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back