it has to be about us
they don't give a ****
they didn't then
they surely don't now
reparations won't happen
no way, no how

BE
(c) 2002

Tight flow Heartbeat. This poem is filled with common sense and insight. However, I am still indecisive about this though. I understand and agree with your view and also the other view also. Gosh, I hate being this way, because I am a black and white person and don't like being gray bout anythingl. Either I'm for a thang or against it. But in this instance, I am still in the 'gathering information and insight' mode. I know for a fact that it would be better to give a free college education to AAs who want it. This is what the American Indian has so deservingly at their disposable. The education would benefit more than the money.

Anyway, it probably would have never come to this, had the american government apologized for allowing these atrocities to go on right under it's nose and do nothing. A simple apology has not even been breathed from the mouth of any President...democratic (which blacks are so loyal to) or republican. What is wrong with this picture? Thus, we are caught in the midst of the reparations issue. Whether we will ever get reparations, I don't know...seeing that we can't even get a simple apology.

What do you think, BE

Joyce

Good to read you again, brotha Heartbeat. I see you are still commanding this Page with your insight and right on perspective. You say what others are afraid to say and whether I agree or not, I respect your ability and willingness to put it out there for us to chew on.

I happen to agree on this one. Like Sista Joyce, I couldn't decide. There seemed to be good arguments FOR reparations. But for me and mine, it is my belief that the tools my father and his father and his father's father handed down to me through their own work ethic and sheer perseverence, MUST prove to be enough for me, my children, and my children's children. We as a people, must take responsibility and cultivate those we've been blessed with. By duplicating ourselves and our efforts from the home outward into the communities in which our progenitors will live and serve, THROUGH our children, we will reach our goal as a strong force in this society. This should be our legacy we hand down. And for me and mine, this is the truest way to come "FOR US, BY US".

Folks ain't gotta LIKE US. But they'll at least RESPECT US.
No apologies necessary.

MOJO

Joyce. there has to be an element of common sense and practicality associated with this issue. The so called, self appointed, media annointed "Black Leaders" are not looking long range for the people. (what will be Johnnie Cocran's cut for legal fees) Mojo my brother I applaud wat you say and you are so on point with handing down the important things to our children like work ethic, education and respect gotten through deed not entitlement.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back