Black People : REPARATIONS due US??

Destee said:
Brother Excel10k ... i realize you are talking to Brother Kemetkind below, but i think you have insulted me ...
Nothing I have said was meant to be insulting. I apologize if you took it that way.

Destee said:
Who are you to come in here and tell us what this site must be? We are not on your site telling you what it must be. Matter of fact, we are not on your site asking your Members to come to destee.com. You are here asking us to go there. So we must be enough (of something) to have you here promoting your site ... getting all you can for free (never accepting my personal invitation to become a Premium Member or purchasing advertising) ... even going to the point that you must be warned to stop spamming your link ... rule #5 ... yet you want to talk about what we must be? Help me understand this please.
I have never hid the fact that I am here for a purpose. That purpose is clearly to exchange ideas about my thoughts on how we can break our cycle of self-destruction. I care about the future of the African American People. I am not here selling Avon. I want to say this as diplomaticallly as I know how, but if I cannot fully discuss my thoughts and ideas, which includes periodically inviting people to our site, then I cannot fulfill my purpose here. My becoming or not becoming a premium member has zero to do with money and everything to do with my testing of the waters..

I tell you what...let me know if I can continue about my purpose...If so, I will become a premium member this evening when I return from the MLK events. If not, I will remain an unpaid member until you give me the boot...which would assumably be soon...but if I cannot serve my purpose, my presence is pointless anyway. But as I have said, I have never hid what I am about...I built a career being the odd man out, (As far as I know, I am one of only two black helicopter pilots in the state of Mississippi)....so this is nothing new for me to stand out different from the crowd....and be flat out comfortable doing it.

Destee said:
I went to familylobby.com and i saw pictures of white families. Why do you have white images on a Black owned site?
First of all, I am not the owner of familylobby.com I provided the link that showed who she is. Second, her business does not cater to a race...she is in the business of making GREEN. She has a fair mix of black families and white families distributied throughout the site and in the examples of how to use the site. Why would she go there all the trouble of building a fantastic site that can serve any race of family equally then make it afrocentric rather than simply a site which serves American families....for some rediculas principle that would "Self-limit" her business potential??? This woman quit a high paying job at microsoft to pursue this business....do you think she needs to criple her business by making it a business that appears to cater to 13% of the population as opposed to 100%.

Destee said:
Maybe the white images ?
White businesses do this all the time...that is provide a mixure of black images and white images to appeal to a wider client base. Sure she may turn off the 10% of the 13% of the population who turn their nose up because an African American business does not snub their nose at white clients. She has a successful business that serves American families, and does a fantastic job of it.

Destee said:
I vaguely remember you extending me the opportunity to work with / for your endeavor. I thought i had responded, but my answer to unsolicited requests is usually the same, as i receive them often. It is basically that, i don't have time to become ipersonally nvolved in other projects, but the Family may be interested and you're welcome to share it with them (within the confines of our rules).
As far as I know, and I did look for a it, you did not respond to to my request. I understand being busy and all, but it doesn't take very long to type "yes" or even less to type "no" :) Laugh sister....you know it is funny.

I am sure my sense of humor may come off as offensive, but it is not meant to be....I am going to have fun and be happy...so If I get kicked off the site, I had a great time doing it.

Destee said:
I find the above sentence most insulting. Had it not been for it alone, i would not have responded at all.

Why would you want to do business or anything, with a person as you've described above? I certainly would not want to do business with such a person. Nor would i want to do business with a person that thought such of me. Nonetheless, i wonder, what evidence do you have that i'd act in that manner? Can you provide even one example of where i ever did such a thing?

:heart:

Destee
I am just not that touchy or sensitive....I would simply call it a probationary period...that you would be simply getting to know me and my ideology before committing to work with me or to give me that yes or no....I see nothing wrong with that....I came here, you didn't know me from Adam...that said, it would not be unreasonable to withhold judgement...my statement "see how many people I get angry with me is simply a phrase...I don't mean it litterally like that.

kemetkind said:
It is interesting you quote Garvey.

Garvey acknowledged racism and its impact on himself and his people.

You appear to believe you've not been inhibited by racism, and that since you haven't, other black people wouldn't be either....if they'd just make the same assimilationist choices you've made, they can live the american dream too.

Contrast that with:

"From my early youth I discovered that there was prejudice against me because of my color, a prejudice that was extended to other members of my race. This annoyed me and inspired me to create sentiment that would act favorably to the black man. It was with this kind of inspiration that I returned from my trip to Europe to Jamaica in 1914, where I organized the Universal Negro Improvement Association and African Communities League."

Though Garvey would probably concur with your placing responsibility for solutions on black shoulders, he suffered no illusions about the root of the problems of the black race.

If you cannot understand the true nature of a problem cannot devise true solutions for it.
I agree with your quote from Garvey as well as the quote that I provided. I personally see NO CONTRAST between the two. AS he said, it inspired him....he says nothing that would insinuate that he was provoked to self-destructive behavior by this prejudice....I never insinuated that prejudiced did not exist, I simply insist that it is not an excuse for self-destructive behavior. NOW, do you have anything from Garvey that would suggest that he excused self-destructive behavior??? That is my whole point...not that I have never experienced racism or prejudice...I have said on several occassions that I have....I simply insist that I have never behaved self-destructively as a result of it....nor have I personally been hindered from reaching my potential because of racism. So, as was Garvey, Lets see more people who are inspired by their encounters with racial prejudice rather than using those encounters as a crutch to self-destruct on.

excel10k said:
Sup, Kemetkind

I try to shot everything straight.....so I will get to the point. BET under Bob Johnson and now under Debra Lee show the most negative images of African Americans on television today. In fact, the http://www.enoughisenoughcampaign.com has launched protest against BET for its negative images of African Americans....
To be perfectly honest, I see far more positive images of African Americans on MSM (Main Stream Media) than you do on BET.

That being said, I see their quandry??? Unfortunately, they would be flat out of business if they gave us what we needed instead of what we wanted.

I really don't know the answer to that one...but BET (in its current condition), cerctainly "ain't" it.
BET is not black owned and even when it was it was not owned by a black person committed to the advancement of black people.

excel10k said:
This site, however, must be more than just a shoulder to cry on...a place where folks can humor one another by listening to their sob stories without challenging their choices.....Obviously it is and can be that spot for compassion and for and understanding of a mutual experience. But it must take things to another level....and talk about actionable solutions.
Agreed this site must take things to another level and I believe that it will with the help of the doers among us.

excel10k said:
FamilyLobby is black owned. http://www.familylobby.com/releases/20070917/

I must admit, I love the way you sneaked up on me like that...that was cleaver....I love it.....very smooth...I never knew the ambush was coming. :)

I must ask, why did you assume family lobby was white owned??????

My apologies!

There was no ambush here, you are not my enemy nor my prey.

I went to your site over a month ago when you had a white evangelical minister on the front page.

I thought I remembered your site was hosted by the family post.com instead of family lobby.

I'm aware of family lobby as the owner is a fellow texan and with her son is doing a great job with her site.

I applaud you for your choice for your internet presence and to be honest (for me at least) it adds more credibility to your motives.

excel10k said:
That being said, I would be happy to work with Destee, you, or anyone else who wants to do positive things.

For the record, I did make the offer to Destee in a forum to work with her in some manner...I haven't heard a response from her on it though...perhaps she is seeing how many people I get angry with me before she decides. ...

In the mean time, I invite you to come over to http://www.thedream2008.com (Hosted at the black owned FamilyLobby.com) We have powerful conference calls and web conference every friday night with other nuts like me who are serious about breaking the cycle of self destruction.

This is positive. We may be able to create synergy if we focus on the common ground and on those areas we share a common vision for moving forward.

I am a stat guy....

If you study every indicator of social condition of the African American People during the past 40 years, you will notice that they have most indicators have gotten worse.... The black family has crumbled...going from 30% to 70%....etc...etc...etc.

This is a clear indicator that the tactics employed during the past 40 years have been utterly ineffective at improving the black condition.

There is an old saying....If you keep doing what you have been doing, you will keep getting what you have been getting.

It is obvious we need to consider new ideas...think outside the box...the mental prison many of us submit ourselves to that tells us that the entire world is against us, actively ensuring that we cannot achieve what we will....

I would hope that we would all be open to new ideas, at least for discussion and consideration....we don't have to all think alike and we don't have to agree on everthing...but we can't simply reject ideas that are not lock-step with the path we have been on for the past 40 years....Don't you think 40 years of a specific tactics is long enough to start considering new ideology.

That is what I want to represent..If we are unhappy with where we are.....stop doing what we have been doing, so we will stop getting what we have been getting.

kemetkind said:
BET is not black owned and even when it was it was not owned by a black person committed to the advancement of black people.

Agreed this site must take things to another level and I believe that it will with the help of the doers among us.

My apologies!

There was no ambush here, you are not my enemy nor my prey.

I went to your site over a month ago when you had a white evangelical minister on the front page.

I thought I remembered your site was hosted by the family post.com instead of family lobby.

I'm aware of family lobby as the owner is a fellow texan and with her son is doing a great job with her site.

I applaud you for your choice for your internet presence and to be honest (for me at least) it adds more credibility to your motives.

This is positive. We may be able to create synergy if we focus on the common ground and on those areas we share a common vision for moving forward.

Great post!!!

Lets talk ideas and solutions.

btw, a white client of this site (family lobby) who I know very well gave this site a strong recommendation and told me that it was black owned...they said that they loved the site, the ease of use, the power to be creative on it. He loves it so much that I hear him recommending others to this site all the time. I too love it...I have since recommended dozens of clients to them....many have set up sites with them....They have a fantastic product......for most family size sites it is Completely free with no strings attached...only if you want to go over 30 members or if you need a lot of storage space for data or pictures do you have to pay.....She has a great and successful business...I will continue to support her.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back