Black People Politics : REPARATIONS: A Human Right Deferred...Indefinitely or Not At All--

Chevron Dove

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 7, 2009
REPARATIONS: A Human Right Deferred...Indefinitely or Not At All--

About a month after elections, Former President Obama made a statement in this regards to a reporter, that 'Reparation payments for black Americans could be a good idea but simply aren’t politically feasible.' And he further said that other minorities wouldn't find it fair to them.

Other reports confirm his statements:

“But as a practical matter, it is hard to think of any society in human history in which a majority population has said that as a consequence of historic wrongs, we are now going to take a big chunk of the nation’s resources over a long period of time to make that right.”

“So how do Latinos feel if there’s a big investment just in the African American community. . . "
https://thegrio.com/2016/12/26/president-obama-explains-why-slavery-reparations-would-be-hard/

These comments were made to Mr. Coates. If we couldn't get a significant argument under Obama after eight years, it will continue to be 'a good argument' but it still should be addressed, in my opinion. I don't feel then as I do now, that this system intends to do the right thing about it and, I further feel that Obama's presidency was one aspect of how they intended to deal with it anyway. They allowed us to have 'a figure head' as a means of apology.

I also still believe that this government definition of "reparations" will be geared towards "Repatriation" and for this system, that would be wrong. Even if they did offer that format, economically, they still are responsible. However, I have no problem going back to my roots, my inheritance, but the reality of America or the leagues for the big governments setting up a land refuge in Africa or etc. would be another 'good argument'. The African people will not be all that easy to dominate and, they would have to consider welcoming us back with all of the 'Americanisms, beliefs, practices and etc. that will conflict with their beliefs, religions and etc. and that will be amazing. I am remembering how during one time in the recent past, a certain country, I believe, Somalia, would not allow a famous American leader to even leave the airplane to set foot on their grounds. So even if this were to happen, where, many of us would be thrust out of America, we would have to prepare to be turned around, and rejected, anyway.

I read too, where some of these African leaders demand reparations for the loss of their people during the slave trade!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back