Black People : Rep. John Lewis, Civil Rights Icon, on the Struggle to Win, and Now Protect, Voting Rights in U.S.

Let me try to get my mind around this premise:

John Lewis, who was a young Civil Rights activist, way back when, goes on when he became an adult to run for political office, winds up becoming a U. S. House of Representative member, and by some sort of magic, is now on the same level as a John Conyers, or having been among the many supporters of the Civil Rights Movement, an expert on Voting Rights laws, etc.?

Based on what?!?

Sez who?!?

Since when!?!

If one of your nieces/nephews/grandkids/etc. came home, and claimed their favorite teacher would be a better parent than their own by biology, would that make any sense, too???

SMH
brother this is not about him or a million issues this is a man who had his head busted in for trying to establish voting rights, and was arrested 30 times for working on that now who do you know or can post other then Dr King concerning this particular issue of voting rights? I did not put this post up to smooch this mans hind parts or put him on a pedestal :spank: but hat he has to say is relevant to the SCOTUS decision.

For your information

brother this is not about him or a million issues this is a man who had his head busted in for trying to establish voting rights, and was arrested 30 times for working on that now who do you know or can post other then Dr King concerning this particular issue of voting rights? I did not put this post up to smooch this mans hind parts or put him on a pedestal :spank: but hat he has to say is relevant to the SCOTUS decision.

For your information[/quote

Again you reduce our discussions/debates down to the lowest common denominator of who has bled the most, sacrificed the most, etc., whereas countless numbers of unsung heroes/heroines/etc. were a part of that era's freedom struggles, etc.

Otherwise, it continues to be the tactic, i. e., of those who are undermining the victories of past movements, to prop up people like Lewis--then knock them down-- because of the nobodies they're become--via the here and now...

Sometimes the truth does hurt, but one day it will help to set us free...if you and others are truly striving to be...

I. e., this is about the bankrupt and bogus concept of 'states rights' vs truly respecting the authority of the present regime in the nation's capitol..

Contrast that with was took place back during the era of black rebellions all over the nation:

Whereas the white guys in the oval office actually enforced the Voting Rights Act, i. e., in order to pacify past black citizens of this nation--and which led to the election of people-- like Lewis-- in the first place!

Let's don't just rewrite history, for the sake of justifying what we choose to do, or not to do, via the here and now, bruh!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back