Black People : Rep. John Lewis, Civil Rights Icon, on the Struggle to Win, and Now Protect, Voting Rights in U.S.

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Alarm Clock, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Alarm Clock

Alarm Clock Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,030
  2. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    You might also need and want to ask him about the flip flop he's a bad reflection of, i. e., when he failed to aid my Black Cherokee neighbors struggle to get the mainstays of the Cherokee Nation and/or the U. S. government to honor the treaty agreements etc., which both made their ex slave ancestors full members of the indian nation today's Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma base their existence on, and some dared to deny today's Black Freedmen Descendants have a right to be a part of...

His kissing up to one of his indian supporters, i. e., former Principal Chief Chad Smith, at one past even was downright embarassing, though it amused and suprised Smith and his clique in attendance at the time...

Some black elected officials are the worst sort of stereotypes, doing the bidding of whoever backs their election or reelection bids, too...

So, as per usual, be cautious and wary, since some white mainstays (mis) use others to mislead our efforts, too...

The black disapora in the states is a lot more diverse than some here tend to admit, (at least not in public or in print)...

FYI...

3. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    Does the very hyping of this black elected official as a 'civil rights icon' imply or suggest no examination of his record is needed or called for?

In times like these: I suggest we take nobody and nothing for granted!

FYI

4. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    Let me try to get my mind around this premise:

John Lewis, who was a young Civil Rights activist, way back when, goes on when he became an adult to run for political office, winds up becoming a U. S. House of Representative member, and by some sort of magic, is now on the same level as a John Conyers, or having been among the many supporters of the Civil Rights Movement, an expert on Voting Rights laws, etc.?

Based on what?!?

Sez who?!?

Since when!?!

If one of your nieces/nephews/grandkids/etc. came home, and claimed their favorite teacher would be a better parent than their own by biology, would that make any sense, too???

SMH

5. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    This thread and many comments on them continue to be bad reflections of people reacting and overreacting to what some were and are doing to undermine our rights of self and/or collective determination:

What can and will you suggest we do to perserve and/or protect what past movements won for us all?

This inquiring mind would appreciate suggestions about that too!

FYI...

6. Alarm Clock

Alarm Clock Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,030
    brother this is not about him or a million issues this is a man who had his head busted in for trying to establish voting rights, and was arrested 30 times for working on that now who do you know or can post other then Dr King concerning this particular issue of voting rights? I did not put this post up to smooch this mans hind parts or put him on a pedestal :spank: but hat he has to say is relevant to the SCOTUS decision.

For your information

7. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528

8. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    The attempts at in house censorship are bad enough:

Worse is somebody daring to imply or suggest we try to change anything again reflects our own feeble mindedness ad naseum...

Instead:

No guts/no glory...

FYI

9. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    There is a obvious difference between reacting (letting our emotions rule us) as opposed to responding to new challenges, (using our heads for more than hatracks)...

Write and speak no more about other folks alleged shorcomings, unless and until you've dealt did something about your own, bruh!

FYI..

10. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    It matters not how many posts you start, it does matter how you remain a negative element, and I'm hardly the only poster getting sick and tired of your attempts to hog this website's forums etc.

SMH