Black People Politics : Rep. Joe Wilson Calls President Liar

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Destee, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyTelRaoBAI&NR=1"]Rep. Joe Wilson Calls President Liar[/ame]

Has this ever happened before, or is this some new stuff for the Black President?

This is terrible. The school speech, now this. I can hardly believe white folk are going so krazee. Appearing to lose it.

My heart goes out to Obama, his Family, and everyone who thought (or hoped) racism was dead.

So sad.

:heart:

Destee

2. LindaChavis

LindaChavis Well-Known Member MEMBER

Car Sales Consultant
    Ratings:
    +147
    Sis Destee

You have NO idea how deep the hatred of this man flows. Folks RIGHT HERE on this site hate Pres Barack Obama and it makes me sick as a black woman, human being and one who lives to make change. I do NOT understand how ANY person calling themself conscious can say the hateful words I have heard being said about him on THIS SITE. We know Wilson hates Pres Obama because he is black but our own people?

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Yes Sister Linda ... we do to each other, what they do to us. Unfortunately, even Obama isn't exempt from this. We are very ugly to each other, no matter our station in life. We can be at the top, bottom, or somewhere in between, and we will not be hard pressed to find a Sister or Brother to tear that Sister or Brother down. Yes Sister, i know.

It has always bothered me, how we do each other, which is why I'm always pointing to it, speaking on it. Even as we talk of unity amongst each other, we will simultaneously tear each other down ... come up with reasons not to work together, not to trust each other, not to go the extra mile just to support each other. We're in bad shape as a people.

Here we have all been allowed to witness the rise of a Black Man, to the highest office in the land, and we still find fault. Even when we can see, that this Brother, or some other Brother / Sister has to deal with the racism that permeates this country.

White folk are on this Brother, and yes, so are some of us.

It is sad Sister. As much as I wanna insist that we don't do it, the stopping of it all, must come from within each of us.

Hopefully we'll get to see that day, soon.

Love You!

Destee

4. Moorfius

Moorfius Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +27
    Racism is the nature of the so-called White Race.

MA`AT Hotep

Sooner than later we must learn that this thing we call racism is the worst thing in the known universe as Neely Fuller says ! To put this in the most truthful and shortest of terms,.."Racism is the Nature of so-called white people" and all history will prove this to any one who reads, studies and do research into the real history of these people from the beginning of time for them.

There has never been a time ware the so-called white race has not been racist. We (some) only keep hoping and praying for something that will not ever take place on this planet...hoping that soon some day so-called white folks will wake up and understand that we are all the same !? Are we all the same? When will that be when we are all the same and who cares...except those who are oppressed and don't even know it yet ??

There is no such thing as changing the nature of a thing...with out killing it ! When a man or a woman becomes soo confused that they might think to have a so-called Sex-change...there is nothing that will turn a man into a woman or a woman into a man...not even the insanity that tells the mind to look at the illusion and be politically correct or in other words..."Be a Fool" and think like the fools.

But the "Nature" will always be what it originally is...a man who has had him self castrated and thinks he is now in the class with...your mother, grandmother, great grand mother etc...is he !?. That will never happen except to only the fool who is lost in their own mind set of perverted foolishness.

All we have to do is stop letting our own mind get in the way and open our sleeping eyes and "Know" that "Racism" is not going any ware as long as there are so-called white folks in charge over you or any people of color (.)

Ase`

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother Moorfius ... i understand what you're saying, and appreciate you saying it ... :love:

Unfortunately, none of that changes my hating to see it so blatantly displayed. Even Mr. Fuller says that the racist white supremacist knows that the cost of doing business has gone up, that they can no longer get away with just Lena Horne and Jack Johnson.

I can't believe they are so blatantly disrespecting the President. This is unprecedented, but then, so too is Obama's Presidency. It hurts me to witness, though I'm confident that he knows what he signed up for, and is prepared to go through.

Brother Moorfius ... under the current set of circumstances, with white folk attacking even the best of us, and we're killing the rest of us, it's bad. Even with this Brother, we will attack him too, as the white man does. Not only him, but other Sisters and Brothers ... for whatever reason we deem appropriate ... we do this. These white folk are rallying together, to attack the first Black President, and as Sister Linda said above, many of us can be found joining them in that effort ... while we talk of unity ... while multiple numbers of Black Men die every single night, at the hands of other Black Men. While we struggle to even interact respectfully in an online community. To me, it's so not about white people, it's about us, and what we're doing and not doing.

If we were all that we should be, racism white supremacy would be no more, but we're not.

So here we are, watching them disrespect yet another Black Man, and doing anything else they want to us.

It's Sad. Real Sad.

Love You! :grouphug:

Destee

6. Full Speed

Full Speed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,045
    For the record, a very simular event did occur when the democrates boo'd Bush during he 2005 State of the Union Address. I think they all are just playing partisan politics. They never listen to one another, they just twist every situation to fit their parties political agenda. Both parties do it. The republicans characterized this as being like the Canadian health care system and other scare tactics. According to the way Barack Obama discribed it, it is nothing at all like that. The republicans don't even realize that trying to use scare tactics rather than present better alternatives or contribute to the existing proposal is what cost them the election in the first place. The longer they do stupid stuff like this, the better chance Barack Obama has of winning a second term in Office.

Go to Youtube and search "Democrats Boo Bush During 2005 SOTU"

I have less than 25 post, so the system will not allow me to post links. Hopefully, I am not violating any rules by submitting the alternative.

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother Full Speed ... lol @ me for daring to claim that anything is unprecedented in the political arena, when I know virtually nothing regarding such things ... :look:

While you can't leave a direct link (until 25 posts), you are more than welcome to provide the URL in a manner that does not make it a link ... like this ... youtube.com/watch?v=RBxmEGG71PM ... which will allow everyone to see the reference you're sharing.

Now Brother, I have already said that I like your style, glad you're with us, and all of that ... so I'm going to need you to apply these debate skills / tactics to others, not me! ... coming up in here challenging my unprecedented claim ... noooo ... :nono: ... now that is not allowed! :wink:

Nawww .... i'm just kidding ... sorta ... :lol:

No, for real, I really am kidding. I love a good challenge / debate. I love to be corrected, for if I've said or done a thing, and am wrong, I don't know I'm wrong and need to be corrected ... even if it takes me a minute to digest it all ... i do appreciate the time, energy, effort, and thank you very much.

Brother Full Speed ... are you saying that booing the President is equal to calling him a liar? I don't think they are the same, and it is that specific part of what has taken place and where, that I can't believe has ever happened before. One of the videos that came up, after doing the search you suggested, was even titled Bush Boo'd and called liar at 2005 SOTU, and I never heard him being called a liar.

Now, I personally have no faith in the political system. They have all probably lied to the American People, as it seems to be an innate part of that arena, and I am not trying to split hairs. But the disrespect shown President Obama, seems to rise to a much higher level than some booing, which was done to him as well and is clearly not a first.

Brother ... i'm going to need to hear / read an elected official calling the President a liar, in that setting, to be convinced that this is not unprecedented.

What you have shared though, does remind me of why I have so little faith in these people. They want to talk about us oftentimes, as being barbaric, uncivilized, disrespectful, etc., and look at them! Look at them all! There are few amongst them that operate under the umbrella of honesty, character, and integrity, yet they sit above us all guiding the entire country?! Some of what I've seen from them would not even be allowed on destee! Our standards here, of interacting respectfully, exceed theirs!

It gives me to know that it should be no surprise why we act as we do, when the most influential act like that! I'm a firm believer that most of what we do to each other, is a direct result of what they've done (taught) to us, and now we can see ... not only to us, but even to their own, when deemed necessary. We must break the ties they have us bound by, for they are not credible witnesses, they are not examples to live by.

Brother Full Speed ... what about school administrators refusing to share a speech from the President, to the children, with the children? Has that happened before?

I understand most all of this is business as usual, which is really sad to me, and why I can't get with any of it. If they at least tried to present an air of decorum, respect, etc., but no, they give what we would not allow from children ... booing and name-calling ... at the highest levels of government, and it is accepted as business as usual. In fact, Joe Wilson's behavior was rewarded, in that he exceeded 1 million dollars toward his re-election campaign, immediately after disrespecting the President.

Pitiful really, don't you think?

Thanks for sharing with me.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

8. Full Speed

Full Speed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,045
    Hey Sis, I appreciate your humor and good spirits. You're great!!! :toast:

I don't think it is the exact same on the "*** for tat" scale. But I do think it is close enough. Now, that being said, the dude did apologize quickly and uneqivically for is breech of protocol, ie disrespect. No such apology was made when the dems breeched protocol and disrespected the office.

Now, that being said, I have seen a example of President Barack Obama being disrespected in a non-partisan manner that could only be attributed to a racial shunning. That was the case in some summit he attended in Russia....you know, just as I was writting this, I decided to look ut the video on Youtube...the funny thing is I found this "No handshake for Bush" video before finding the one on Obama. Ironic. Again, not the exact same on the "*** for tat" scale, but extremely close.

No Handshake for Bush

Obama Handshake snubbed by Russians

That link thing did not work for me...every way I tried it was blocked....I might not be smart enough to get around the system....Oh, well....only 3 more post to go. I even had to remove the example you placed before it let me post this reply.

My thing is that I am slow to play the race card. I will play it, but I am just slow to do so. I think it waters down the effectiveness of our cause and case when each and every thing that comes up that doesn't favor us is regarded as racial...to me, that gets to sounding like the old perverbial "broken record".

9. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +863
    One thing that President Obama's presidency has done it has shown a spotlight on all the lingering racists out there. They cannot stand that Pres Obama is living all up in the white house with his Black family calling the shots. All of them are straight acting up at anything the man does. And Sister Destee I agree with you when you said that what white folks do, some Black folks follow. It's ingrained in them. But the white people time is coming to a close and those Black folks that love them can follow them in the abyss....

But disrespecting the president of the United States of America, especially in America, should not be allowed. Repspect the office if you don't respect the man (even though the man is only striving to do the right thing).

10. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother Full Speed ... see, that's the difference between you and i, and there should be differences. It's perfectly okay and appropriate for you to approach this situation as you are. I commend you. I commend President Obama for handling things so diplomatically, avoiding the race issue as much as possible. If he responded like me, he'd not be President right now. We need all of the many and varied ways of dealing with these folk that God has blessed us with. What I am not able to accomplish, using my approach, you may be able to succeed in. It's wonderful how great and diverse God has made us all, and I'm honored to be a part.

Having said that, I will be the one that calls a spade a spade, if it looks like a spade to me. I'm gonna do that. I'm not going to act like it's not racist behavior, or that racism isn't sitting in the middle of the room, staring at me. I'm not turning my back on it, talking about ... "No, I aint even gonna play the race card, 'cause that's what they expect." ... Forget them! They dun gave me a stacked deck of cards, cheating with every play they make, and I'm gonna do all I can to win in spite of them!

While I admire you, and those like you, striving to see around the giant snake in the room, going to bed at night, closing your eyes and stuff ... don't be surprised if you wake up with a snake all in the bed with you, wrapped around your throat, choking the life out of you. God forbid. See, that won't happen to me, Lord Will'n, cause I aint close'n my eyes for one minute. I'm going to always be looking for that snake to strike.

Now, I might be able to transcend to a new place, a new way of thinking, when they actually remove some of the evidence I have before me. When white men are incarcerated at the same rates as Black Men, when white babies die at the same rate as our babies, when white men (and their Families) are as economically oppressed and overwhelming unemployed at the same proportional rate as Black Men ... then yes ... I will relax about the snake in the middle of the room. I'll consider him a pet, might even feed him, but until then, I will be trying to notice every little slithering move it makes.

For the record, I'm not alone in my thinking : Democrats see race factor for Barack Obama foes

As I'm sure, you are not alone in your opinion either. It's all good. Someone has to maintain the high road, and that can be you and Obama right now.

I got yall's back, and will point out all the low-down, racist rhetoric and behavior ... so you don't have to! :wink:

We're a TEAM !!! :toast:

Much Love and Peace.

Destee