Black People : Rent Problems

Adisa Hendrix

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 16, 2013
I am in the process of trying to move... but I was wondering if I can pay rent off contract?

We don't have enough savings to go to a hotel because we have to wait a couple of months for our contract to clear.

It's cheaper to be around here than to spend money we can't afford.

I'm renting an apartment, not a house... so I would think I have MORE rights to pay, especially considering we've been here for over 1.5 years.

My plans is to go on and pay anyway off-contract, but I pay as quoted.

I am in the process of trying to move... but I was wondering if I can pay rent off contract?

We don't have enough savings to go to a hotel because we have to wait a couple of months for our contract to clear.

I'm renting an apartment, not a house... so I would think I have MORE rights to pay, especially considering we've been here for over 1.5 years.

Does anyone else have this as an issue?

To speak honestly, I think you should re-state the problem and make it a little more clear. I tried, but could not figure out exactly what you are up against, or the particular remedy sought.

I do feel, if you make it plain, more responses will come.

I could be wrong, and have been wrong in the past; but in no way am I intending to offend ... my apologies in advance.

:hello: Adisa Hendrix ... :wave:

I'm not sure that i understand your question fully, but i'll take a shot at answering anyway ... :nails:

Now, i'm no attorney or rental expert, but i'd think you're probably good where you are, till they ask you to leave.

If no one has asked you to leave, and you're continuing to pay your rent on time, all should be well.

If i understand your "contract" talk, i take it you mean a lease, and that it has run its course?

Well, after that ... if no mistake ... you automatically go to a "month to month" kind of agreement.

If the landlord wants you out, they will tell you that ... you won't have to wonder about it ... and they should give you at least 30 days notice ... so ... if they haven't said anything yet (like 'get out') ... you should be good for at least 30 days, and even more ... as they'll probably be happy with you remaining as long as you pay your rent on time.

Again ... i'm no expert ... but you should be good.

You might even wanna talk to them about it ... your landlord ... as a 1.5 year relationship should count for something.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back