Destee Network : rent-a-negro

Discussion in 'Destee Network :' started by daroc, Jul 1, 2004.

1. daroc

daroc Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +36
    i am not tryin to advertise this ignorant site. i jus wanted to put it out their so yall can kno somebody has wasted their time with such stupidity. feel free to check it out- the name speakes for its self

http://www.rent-a-negro.com/

2. SwtT

SwtT Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educational/Human Resources field
    Ratings:
    +28
    This is so old.....I knew about this from a year ago....I have a lot of negative opinions about this but I will keep them to myself

3. Dancing_Nina

Dancing_Nina Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I love Damali Ayo. Superb artist!! Her subject matter and prefered medium lets her reach waaaay beyond the usual artsy crowd....... I mean this site is oooolddd, but artist and non-artist, students, professionals, people of all colors, those who accept their racist tendencies and those whose "best friend is black" all get equal access.

Plus the dialogue that her site has opened up is so far reaching.....Many other sites I post on -- stripper forums, knitting web sites, teaching forums, web designers, chess players etc. --- have had very lively conversations sparked by this and other sites like hers. I love her!

Go to her site and check out her "Living Flag" performance----

http://damaliayo.com/

4. Dancing_Nina

Dancing_Nina Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I'm very interested in knowing what the reaction to this web site and artist is post-investigation......... Has anyone read her interview? -- esp. the part about her development and intent for the rent-a-negro site??? There was such a mini uproar in the beginning but it's all quiet here now??

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Thanks Sister Daroc for sharing.

Sister Dancing_Nina ... this is not the first time this web site has been introduced to the Family. It was introduced to us about a year ago, that thread has quite a bit more discussion in it. You can find it at the link below:

http://www.destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15058

:heart:

Destee

6. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    How about RENT A WHITE MAN ? SURELY ONE COULD BENEFIT A LOT MORE BY RENTING ONE OF THEM IN THIS SOCIETY THAN ONE OF OUR PEOPLE. MAYBE WE NEED TO GO FLIPMODE, CAUSE I KNOW I NEEDED A WHITE MAN YESTERDAY AND COULDN'T FIND ONE TO FILL THE BILL !

7. AfroBoricuaRoni

AfroBoricuaRoni Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +3
    well

Even after the whole supposed "clarification" of her intentions, I still ain't feelin' it. A lot of people changed from angry to an all of a sudden "go with the flow"-ish/laugh it off/lighten up attitude. It's all a bunch of hypocrisy. Too many went with the majority opinion of it. Many looked at the name and went ballistic, way before they understood her motives. As soon as she cleared things up 'now it's okay'. Blah. I think the name is a big part of the reason I don't agree with the site. And you know most folk won't go into depth when browsing, the point has to be there. They saw rent a negro and caught feelings.

It's one of those good intention, bad execution type of situations. This site feeds into White ignorance and Black exploitation. There were other avenues to make a point such as hers.

8. daroc

daroc Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +36
    thanks AfroBoricuaRoni for ur thots... i was waiting for that angle and opinion.. becasue thats how i felt when i first heard of the site... her meanin may be good.. but her approach is off...jus like so many other blk leaders these days... thanks

9. deb0

deb0 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Personally, I never took the site seriously. Figured it was a parody site or sumn.