Black People : Reliving Cycles of Life and Time

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Keita Kenyatta, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    It has been said that "those who fail to remember the past are doomed to repeat it". What does that mean to you?...not only on a personal level in terms of making the same mistakes in relationships or career moves or money issues...but what does that mean to you in terms of us as a people and what we are going through? Dr. John H. Clarke once said that "history is a compass that tells the time and direction of a people. It should tell who they are, what they've done, where they have been, why they did it and as a result, it should also them them where they are going as a people".

I ask these questions because I understand that the majority of us are suffering from "historical amnesia"....meaning, we don't know jack about anything that was written in the first paragraph. This doesn't include everybody but the masses of us as a people. The reason why I've given this thread the title that I've given it is because, an accurate reading of history reveals that we are indeed re-living out cycles of life and time. In other words, what we are going through as a people, we've already been through this before...and more than once. Please think about that for a minute because this is very important. When I say that we've been through this before, I literally mean that we've been through this before.

Since the past, the present and the future are intimately connected just as we are as a people, the importance of us knowing OUR HISTORY can not be emphasized enough. Why so?...because for the life of me, I can not understand why we would want to continually repeat the same mistakes in the future that we repeated in the past. So the next question becomes, "do we love ourselves and do we love our children enough to see to it that we don't repeat the same mistakes in the future that were done in the past"? What I'm saying is that, there is no way in hell that I would want to see my children, grandchildren and great grandchildren to go through what I've gone through. The interesting part to this is that, if I do my job in terms of learning OUR HISTORY and then pass it down to them, they won't have to go through what I've gone through, what you've gone through, what we've all gone through.

I know that at the present time that a lot of us are selfish, self centered and are living for today with very little thought of tomorrow, much less 30 or 50 years from now...and this my people is where we go wrong and what will inevitably allow those past mistakes to become future mistakes...all because we really didn't love ourselves enough, our children enough, our grandchildren enough to leave them a legacy and a story that must not die and must be remembered so that we as a people do not continually relive cycles of life and time. A true understanding of what I've just written will allow you to see that our story is a jewel beyond measure in terms of its value....so why wouldn't we want to leave that precious jewel to our children, grandchildren and great grandchildren?

It has been discovered that white people make plans for their children and that they think 50 years ahead. It has been discovered that the Asian people think even further ahead, so what is our problem? Why is it that we don't think beyond the next meal or the next paycheck? Why is it that the very people who gave to the world all that it has can not discipline ourselves just enough to find out who we are, what we've done and where we have been and been through? We go clubbin, we go to the movies, we hang out with our family and friends, we party like it's 1999...but for some reason we simply can't find the time to pick up a book and read. What's up with that? Only you can determine the reason for this but determine we must if we are to stop this cycle of living and time that we've been repeating.

Peace!