Omowale Jabali : Religion:A tool of domination or a means of Black Liberation?

Chuck:

Fiirst of all?

Always ask, never demand...

Next and lastly:

Yes...

But...

I have read the article...

It does nothing more than restate the obvious...

I. e., it doesn't prove or disprove the accusation that one's faith/religion/etc. in and of itself motivates fanaticism and/or violent acts...

FYI...

Who is talking about one's religion. This is about systematic repression and religious persecution by one group over another or against another.

Are you denying the fact that this systematic oppression exists?

Who is talking about one's religion. This is about systematic repression and religious persecution by one group over another or against another.

Are you denying the fact that this systematic oppression exists?

Chuck:

I am neither claiming nor denying nothing...

I am saying/writing/etc. that one article does not back up yours...

FYI...

Chuck:

I am neither claiming nor denying nothing...

I am saying/writing/etc. that one article does not back up yours...

FYI...

It does not back up my what?

What exactly is my argument that you are talking about?

You still don't make any sense as your points here are not clear.

Is religion used as a tool of domination or black liberation?

That is the topic here in this thread.

Religion is definitely 'not' a tool of black liberation; therefore, a tool of control/domination cuts right to the chase and the crux of the problem!

As with any tool, its effectiveness depends on the expertise of he who is wielding it. MLK was able to use Christianity as a tool of liberation, despite the fact that he clearly had studied, and personally respected, Hinduism because he innately recognized that black people at that time needed their leader to be a Christian.

This generation is more aware of the deep contradictions in Christianity. Hence they are more open to a Muslim, or NOI, or AAS leader.

But, at some point, self liberation requires a closer relationship with the I AM (et al, the Self) then organized religions provide.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back