Omowale Jabali : Religion:A tool of domination or a means of Black Liberation?

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
Chuck:

Fiirst of all?

Always ask, never demand...

Next and lastly:

Yes...

But...

I have read the article...

It does nothing more than restate the obvious...

I. e., it doesn't prove or disprove the accusation that one's faith/religion/etc. in and of itself motivates fanaticism and/or violent acts...

FYI...

Who is talking about one's religion. This is about systematic repression and religious persecution by one group over another or against another.

Are you denying the fact that this systematic oppression exists?

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
Who is talking about one's religion. This is about systematic repression and religious persecution by one group over another or against another.

Are you denying the fact that this systematic oppression exists?
Chuck:

I am neither claiming nor denying nothing...

I am saying/writing/etc. that one article does not back up yours...

FYI...

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
Chuck:

I am neither claiming nor denying nothing...

I am saying/writing/etc. that one article does not back up yours...

FYI...

It does not back up my what?

What exactly is my argument that you are talking about?

You still don't make any sense as your points here are not clear.

Is religion used as a tool of domination or black liberation?

That is the topic here in this thread.

Fine1952

Happy Winter Solstice
Sep 27, 2005
Religion is definitely 'not' a tool of black liberation; therefore, a tool of control/domination cuts right to the chase and the crux of the problem!

thePreacher

Banned
Dec 2, 2007
Dogville, USA
Occupation
Agent Of Change
As with any tool, its effectiveness depends on the expertise of he who is wielding it. MLK was able to use Christianity as a tool of liberation, despite the fact that he clearly had studied, and personally respected, Hinduism because he innately recognized that black people at that time needed their leader to be a Christian.

This generation is more aware of the deep contradictions in Christianity. Hence they are more open to a Muslim, or NOI, or AAS leader.

But, at some point, self liberation requires a closer relationship with the I AM (et al, the Self) then organized religions provide.

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Sister Fine and Brother Istlota ... good to have you both back in the house sharing ... wonderful.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
What are your thoughts? I think that it depends on the cultural context in which religion is used or practiced so that is what I think not necessarily what I know!

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
- the guy just admitted in the 'have you ever debated' thread on Saturday what his plan is in a response to a poster there: I mean, he's even trying to ruin that thread by insinuating that people are scared to debate, or debate him! smh

This is his response to a question asked directly to him as to his definition of Debate. See if you can find his answer as to his definition in the following because i sure can't. Yet, he continuously is daring others to debate him? :confused:

THe underlined & highlighted is EXACTLY what he has done in this thread and countless others since he joined this site about 22 login names ago.....​

He is doing the same thing now in one of my threads (Dirty Tricks) but how is it that he gets away with this without people realizing who he really is when his tactics and rhetoric remain the same?

I know you and Skuderjames are on to him but it seems like he got everyone else fooled.

And that makes how many user names? I lost count.

Peace!

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
What you have presented is of two individuals, and however much they continue to be given props, no opportunity to even ask them what their viewpoints were/are based on, since they've both joined their ancestors...

So when are you prepared to air what your own reflect, A. C.?

:10500:

Consciousness Raising Online!

Allow the N Word - yes or no?

• yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 42.9%

Latest profile posts

Life is a poem, love is the pen.
Charles Thompson wrote on Enki's profile.
Good evening
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love:
Destee wrote on Charles Thompson's profile.
Hi Chuck ... is that you?!!! ... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! ... :yaay: ... I sure hope so! I have thought of you often! If it is not you, sorry for writing on your profile page @Charles Thompson and Welcome! ... :wave: