Amun-Ra : Relationship Building

Discussion in 'Amun-Ra' started by Amun-Ra, Mar 1, 2001.

1. Amun-Ra

Amun-Ra Well-Known Member MEMBER

Sales Management
    Ratings:
    +14
    Relationships may be made in heaven but they are maintained on earth and if they aren't done right--hell might be a better choice. The biggest problem in relationships is that women and men have different ideas about what makes a relationship. For my first piece, I decided to enter into controversial waters and give my opinions of what people need to do to make lasting relationships. Here are just a few ideas to make it happen.

Men: The key to building a successful relationship is the development of understanding and maturity and there are several things a man can do to make a relationship successful. You must provide a sense of permanence because a woman needs to know and feel that there is permanence in the relationship, that the relationship will endure, that high waters and rough seas won't break it on the reefs of indifference.

A woman must feel protected. Although, sometimes it is in the physical sense, it is more in the provisional sense. One way to do it is to work. A working man is a protecting man and a providing man. Women should be honored and praised whenever possible. Don't grow comfortable taking them for granted. This is when you must draw the line between friends and love. Your friends are now second, not unimportant, just second.

As a man, you need to develop perception. You must understand your partner if the relationship is to thrive, otherwise misunderstanding will ruin a shaky relationship and place a strong one on the rocks. Listening is a good way to start. Finally, be persistent. Find a way to make it happen.

Women: Men have a variety of needs that tie directly to their gender, their environment and beliefs, but there are some things that are universal to all men and one of them is that a man needs to know that he is loved always and that his partner supports his efforts and endeavors. We can be strange birds at sometimes. We need our space, not because we don't want our loves, but because we need a place where we can think. Men need privacy to work out their problems before sharing them with someone else and needs to feel the ability to act independently.

For most men, a man's love is often expressed most deeply in a physical nature, which should be no surprise, but many women overlook this as purely a physical thing--it isn't! Finally, a man needs to know that he is important to the relationship, needs you to share his triumphs and losses.
    He needs your encouragement.

Obviously, many of these things apply to any relationship, but if we ignore any of them, we are placing our relationships at a serious disadvantage and face the risk of losing it altogether.

Amun-Ra

2. rturner

rturner New Member MEMBER

portrait artist
    Ratings:
    +0
    It was nice and common advice. Tell me what I don't know or is there something that I not hearing in what you said.

3. Bishop

Bishop Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +86
    You speak the truth my brother....The Key to any relationship is knowing what is important to your partner and addressing those needs.

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    If folk could get all the stuff you mentioned above in their relationship, all they'd need to know after that is how to wipe that big ol' grin off their faces!

:lol:

Thank You Amun-Ra

Destee

5. Aqil

Aqil Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +114
    Cosmically speaking...

Man is the Sun, woman is the Moon; the Moon reflects the light from the Sun. Man represents the Sun, the positive masculine (Aries) principle whose element is fire, therefore creative power. Man is the conscious mind that is contained in the cerebrum, or higher brain.

Woman represents the Moon, the negative feminine (Cancer) principle whose element is water, therefore birth and life (all life began in water). Woman is the subconscious mind that is contained in the cerebellum, or lower brain. The Moon reflects the light from the Sun because it has no light of its own. Man plants the seed, woman bears the fruit. “Sons of God, daughters of men.” It is the natural order of things...

6. MsDLite

MsDLite Well-Known Member MEMBER

Working
    Ratings:
    +1
    is it the physical vs. the mental (men - women)?

i really like your analysis...encouraging, very much so for those wanting to focus on their mates or prepare themselves for "matehood". :)

thanks for sharing, man!

7. Amun-Ra

Amun-Ra Well-Known Member MEMBER

Sales Management
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hard Knocks!

I had to learn those things the hard way. I hope I can spare some folks a little pain.

Don aka Ra

8. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    Re: analysis of my post...

"Is it the physical vs. the mental (men - women)?"

No, because male and female exist on the same three levels:
    The physical level, the mental level and the spiritual level...

9. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    Re: Physical love...

“Physical love is the most perverse of all fatal passions. It is the anarchist of anarchists; it knows neither law, duty, truth nor justice. It will make a young maiden walk over the corpses of her dead parents! It is an irrepressible intoxicant; a furious madness; it is the vertigo of fatality seeking new victims...

To conquer love is to triumph over the whole of nature; to submit love to justice is to rehabilitate life by devoting it to immortality...”

(Eliphas Levi)

10. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    A word about the female...

Although the average male is easily attracted by a beautiful face, it is the internal beauty of which a female can exert the greatest amount of influence. A male possessing a mind of truth – although at first he is dazzled by the glare of personal beauty – will soon feel the hollowness of its charm when he discovers the lack of beauty in the mind. A female with a beautiful mind can wield inestimably profound influence over those around her. Every female holds within herself a male image, which, in a sense, completes her and makes her whole. This image, often unconscious, is projected onto men and becomes the picture of the ideal mate – the man who possesses the qualities that she feels makes her a complete woman...

MAN IS GOD'S LOVE EXPRESSED IN INTELLIGENCE; WOMAN IS GOD'S INTELLIGENCE EXPRESSED IN LOVE...