Black Relationships : Relation SHIP: The Poetry of Purpose.

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by Metaverse, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    An Elderly Black couple were in the park, sitting on a bench, holding hands- laughing, smiling and throwing pieces of bread towards a small flock of pigeons. A younger couple were walking by and observed them and decided to ask. "How long have you two been together?" The Elder Wife replied: "We've been together for almost 50 years, we met right out of High School."

The younger couple exclaimed "50 years!! Good Lord!! How did you manage to stay together this long?" The Elder Husband laughed at them and said: " Don't listen to her, we've been together for almost 50 years but we've broken up thousands of times. See you young people, when you get mad at each other, that's it- it's time to leave- you end it. Nothing works like that. If your car breaks down, you don't throw it away, you fix it. And if its a car not worth fix'in, you shouldn't be driving it in the first place!"

The Wife went on to say "What he meant is, this is a Relation ship. Not a Relation boat, but a ship. All hands on deck. It takes work. Life ain't easy, don't expect the ship to be easy either. Don't look for an easy ride. Lots of storms out there. Lots of rough waters. But would you rather face those waters alone? Or would you rather have someone to share those battles with?" The young couple took their advice, and after a very heated argument later on that day, it was decided they were both driving a car that wasn't worth fixing. So they broke up. But they both went on to find partners that could handle the storms along with them.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    A Man comes home from work, and just as his Woman is about to open up her mouth he says: "Baby, I go out into the world and I have battles to fight, why do I have to fight a battle when I come home too? Is there any place I can go for peace?" She settles down. She zips her lips with an invisible zipper and throws it under the couch pillow and sits down. "All I want is a time for peace, can we take a time out for peace?"

She puts aside her battling spirit for a moment. He sits down on the couch with her and eases his arms around her waist and places his head on her shoulders. It feels special. In that particular moment, at that particular time while the heat from her heart is still burning, she forgets what all the arguments were about. Perhaps its habitual. A little baby girl comes running in from the other room, the Mother picks her up, and motions her to kiss Daddy. The entire family, sits there, in quite and peace, no television, no radio, no talking - just the presence of one another. Little baby girl needs peace too. She understands peaces. She lays her head on Mommy's chest and allows the rhythm of her heartbeat to put her to sleep.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

It is tomorrow morning 7 AM. You wake to the sound of frantic noises in the streets. You look out the window and people are running everywhere. What is going on? You turn on the news, and reports are saying a meteor the size of Texas is headed for Earth. It will be a direct hit. All life on Earth will be destroyed, you have only 7 minutes left. 7:07. the end of life as we know it.

For the next 7 minutes after hearing such news, you will only think about the truth. All the illusions about life will have no time to occupy your brain. Bills, car payments, rent- food- water, none of these things will be of any importance during these 7 minutes.

In those last minutes, we live for love and only love. We live to tell our Mothers, I love you. We live wishing we had more time to show love. Why does it have to end this way? Why now? We prepare our minds of our Creator. But in those 7 minutes, if we are lucky enough to have a loving partner, we hold them. We squeeze them tightly. And the thoughts we have for them in those last minutes are the thoughts we will carry over with us.

Choose your words wisely, because moments are all we have. Words have a terrible habit of defining the moment.

In an average of 7 minutes, we meet people that we will never see again ever in life. Sometimes a Man chooses to reward a passing Woman with his ignorance. A piece of him she will take with her nonetheless, as a representative of why certain desires will never come to pass. And it may take a Woman an average of 7 minutes to run off her grocery list of expectations to a Male solicitor. It takes him less than 7 minutes to vanish.

Relation Ships aren't built on mere words, but the poetry of purpose. A Man never leaves a place he is supposed to be, and neither does a Woman. Its called knowing your purpose in the Relationship. When a Man leaves, more than likely it is because he was in a place he didn't feel he belonged. We belong to gangs, we belong to Churches, we belong to organizations - yet not to each other? Belonging is a requirement for growth, stability and love. But its hard to teach the truth about possession to the "possessed."

Purpose is the gravity and "gravy" of a Relation Ship. No one stays there if there is no reason to be there.

Men and Women find their purpose through each other. If there were a cosmic court, and one had to be called to testify about Women it would be Men. And if one were called to testify about Men it would be Women. True judgment can only be based on how we treat our opposite. A Man is the master of all powers without, and a Woman is the master of all powers within. Within and Without are equations that design reality. In Woman, we go Within through the Womb and find the Spirit World. In Man, we go Without through the Shaft and find the Physical World. What purpose does the Invisible have with the Physical? What purpose does Man have with Woman?

To create life. To create love. To create peace.

In 7 minutes the world ends. No one thinks about what they've done, we think about what we could've done. Ironically, the world changes forever every 7 minutes. The world does end in 7 minutes.
    7 minutes from now you will still be thinking about this question.

"If I fell in a forest, and no one was around to care for me, would I make a sound?"

2. Jaisolovely

Jaisolovely Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    Always deep and stimulating, I appreciate your spirit and mind!
    From this perspective, I can view relationships differently then I have before but I now perfer to be the person from the outside looking in and observing. I want to see if its real in real life.
    And to answer that question, like I always do I will pick myself right back up. To make a sound would be a waste of breath.

3. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Jaisolovely, your answer is part of the most significant lessons for all Relation Ships in our generation. Another reason why so many of our Relationships are failing is because we are getting into Relationships to use the other person as a crutch. Instead of 2 able bodied beings, and 2 able minds- what we find often is one person doing more than the other. This leads to unbalance.

In your wisdom, you said if no one were around to help you, you would pick yourself up. Too often these days, we get into Relationships to hold the other person accountable for our personal afflictions, then we wonder why they leave.

Again this deals with knowing your Purpose, which means knowing the "job" you are there do to. Folks who manage to grow old together, do their equal share of work to insure the survival of their bond. We are not halves that complete one another. We are already complete, in all of us are the means to "pick ourselves up" we have generations of information stored in us to deal with the storms that show up in Life.

We are creation partners. We come together as one to share the journey.

4. OldSoul

OldSoul Permanent Black Man PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Staying Alive
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +976
  5. Goddess Auset333

Goddess Auset333 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +23
    Beloved KgMW MS:
    :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
    :qqb018: :qqb018: :qqb018:

6. Jaisolovely

Ratings:
    +3
    I understand what you are saying. But I have always found myself picking myself back up because that other person had knocked me down, that's why I had made that statement. From my experience, I have learned that there are people who get into relationships for selfish gains. Knowing that I will always be there for that person but he does not want to play his role in that relationship. I figure well hey he doesnt want to be with me and we arent married so why try? I dont understand how someone can claim they love you but so easily can hurt you at the same time? That's not love! I rather for a guy to tell me how he really feels, not just to say it because it felt right at the moment.

7. Jaisolovely

Ratings:
    +3
    I havent came across a guy that thinks like you, especially at my age! A lot of them let their emotions control them instead of having control of their emotions. But I dont blame no one but me b/c at times I didnt listen to the red flags that went off in my mind, lol!

8. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Bro. OldSoul, I am only learning from our collective Truths, from minds like your own, and Goddess. My dearest gift perhaps, is that from a harem of nonsense I can select a Queen of Truth, and what "might" benefit all of us collectively, for longer periods of time.

Jaisolovely- it would be interesting to read a dialog between yourself and Bro. IKhan. Its very healthy for us to share our relationship experiences with members of the opposite sex who may have the same experiences. I’m not sure if you and Bro. IKhan are in the same age bracket. But I’m certain there is allot we can learn for both of you about certain issues you both face with Male and Female relationships.

I never thought of myself as one of those Brothas who knocked Females down. And if so, I’d say I was defending myself. I made a fast 360 turn when I learned about the core of my reality, what it was and what it “looked” like from other perspectives. I understood my “Purpose” in a Relation Ship, by understanding why I attracted certain kinds of Women. This is very important. Women tell me all the time. “I don’t know why I keep attracting these kinds of Men!” Change your diet, change the polarity. Change your thoughts.

I know some Women who attract the same types of Men so religiously, that if you placed all of them in the same room you’d swear they were Brothers. It’s that real. Yet, it’s a mystery that so many people never figure this out. What many Metaphysicians now refer to as “The Law of Attraction” is not the only law, but it is the most idealized these days now that Relationship and Life counseling is big business. The idea that people now need Counselors for their Lifestyle is madness. Anyone can figure out their life in 20 minutes with one piece of paper and a pen or pencil. Its simple mathematics.

You write down the thoughts you think about the most everyday. And sure enough, for the thoughts at about 70-100%, those are the people you attract the most. The characters that enter into your life to influence you may all carry your thinking pattern. I had to learn this myself the hard way. That the mind has to be reprogrammed and rebooted for anything to change. The body is an entire mind system, the mind is part of everything in your body. changing your thoughts, changing your diet, changing your attitude about life – all this counts as a complete 360 turn around.

I try never to think of myself as broke. Because broke people will show up asking me for money. I don’t think about killing people, because people will show up trying to kill me. I think about solutions, so people always show up giving me solutions. See how this works? I think about how beautiful African people are, how loving we are, how wealthy we are, how supernaturally divine we are – and behold- these are the people who keep showing up around me.

From my personal experience, and learning from my past experiences- I’ve knocked Female down too, in defense. Then, I learned how to program the “mind” – and I look at all Females as one complete unit. As an extension of the Universe around me. You can’t knock down the Universe, don’t even try. Ironically, after thinking this for about a year or so, being celibate cleaning our my system, my mind- my Queen showed up. And our Relation Ship has grown into everything I protect and love about Life. Our so-called Prayers, are supposed to be our thoughts. What we think within this round dome, prepares the script for our existence, and attracts the audience for our story.

9. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    Very well put!
    I love the last line!
    Very true!

10. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Peace CursedHeart - CuredHeart.

Another good thing to mention is that most Relationships are "Thought & Action Partnerships." The Woman says to the Man "I thought you were going to take out the trash??" The Man: "Well you thought wrong."

A beautiful Relation Ship happens when our Thoughts and Actions behave in Unison. And to answer the dreaded question we ask our Women- "do you expect me to read your mind??" The answer is Yes. Sometimes Women do expect us to read their mind, because the psychic intuition and telepathy is the mode of communication for most Females. Again- she is the Master of the powers Within.

Usually I can touch my Queen on her arm, and get a feeling of what she is thinking, and what she requires of me. You see, we can't express everything in words away. Words are primitive compared to "energy" behind Thoughts. But sometimes Women have feelings only Men can translate. But we have to learn how to decode the energy.

There is something that Men are Masters of. Putting things in perspective. Being on "Point." Like an Arrow. Women see everything, and Men see even- thing. We know how to even things out. We own the Rationalization Industry.
    At any given moment in the world, we can find a Man rationalizing something.
    Masters of powers With-out. A Woman gives the Man a Sun, and he knows just where to place it, perfectly.

A Woman's super psychic intuition, is matched by Man's rationale & logic. She may say to him "how did you know what I was thinking?" The answer: "you couldn't have been thinking about anything else." He knows you. He's studied you. He's noted your pattern of behavior.

If I could talk to all the Daughters of Black America, I would tell them to guide themselves towards Males of great logic, rationalization skills, critical thinking skills, and Males who know how to translate those thoughts into action.

Do we understand the power and full potential of a Man and a Woman? That a Man and Woman, blending together in a Thought and Action Partnership can express a level of creativity to make any kind of people they so desire?

They can summon our great Ancestors to be born again.

Another matter worth mentioning, is that a long marriage or relationship doesn't alway equate to happiness. There are people who are together for long periods of time, but have lost the taste for one another. They're basically roommates. Together only because of habit and convenience. Habit breakers in this case, are often happier than Habit formers. Habit breakers are those couples that never allow their life to become routine. They travel together. The Husband might call the Wife up and ask for a date.

These things, along with not using a Relationship as a way to dump baggage on the other person, are ways to keep happiness within. Of course, happiness starts from within. And we should never hold others responsible for our own happiness. Couples who have their OWN lives too, and know how to make themselves happy without the usage of their partners maintain overall happiness in their Relation Ship.

Habit formers on the other hand. Have lived together for years, but are miserable. All work no play. There's never anything to be excited about. Sex is served based upon appointment only. Arguing is the only form of communication. No one has learned how to break the routine. Like the Brotha who comes home and asks his Woman for some Peace. Just a simple act like that breaks the routine and sends the destiny of the Relation Ship off into another course.

The happiness in a Relation Ship is very important to maintain. Obviously we have lots of battles to fight out in world. Happiness is part of the standard of mental health. Unhealthy people only end up fighting against themselves.

Its enough that we have to fight against the system. We shouldn't have to fight with those we claim we love too. Leave the boxing gloves at the door.