RELATE IGNORANCE TO BLACK!!!

SensualReality

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 26, 2004
Tennessee
Occupation
high school student
Hello fam,I've been gone for a minute now I'm back with anotha hot one for you....Race...Ignorance...
You ever be in school and see this white boy or girl come through the halls with saggy pants,gold teeth,mass jewelry,cornrows,speaking with broken and improper english...and automatically assume that he or she is trying to act black?Well,I am a victim of this judgement call and now that I think about it I feel kinda itchy.My question basiclly is why do we relate ignorance to being black? :idea:

We get it becuase so many older people in the community do not know how to speak about being "black" without reference to white people. They constantly say "______ is for white people.....black people _______". That transfers down to the kids and has been for decades continuing the trend that anything that aint "hard" or immedeately recognized as something blacks do is "white". Being "white" means being a sell out. So when whites wanna be down, they go against what blacks stereotype as behaviour they should exhibit. So we got not only blacks, but other races beleiving a whole set of ideas on blackness that is false and based in stupidity and closed mindedness of parents and elders in the community.....the young ones are quicker to pick up the ball these days though rather than wait till they are grown and with kids to talk that "black" talk. They bring it to the school yard as soon as they can somewhat comprehend what mama is talking about with her friends.

I see these type of people in my school all the time. I really just don't pay them any attention. The reason why they relate that ignorance to being black is because that is how we are portrayed on tv (especially by our lovely channel BET). Plus all those fashion statements such as baggy pants, gold teeth, flashy jewlery, and the slang originated in the black communtiy and soon became nationwide through rap music. See these white kids see these rappers dressing and acting like that and think that its cool so of course they are going to imitate it. Just like in the 70s when whites were trying to sport Afro's like we were.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back