RELATE IGNORANCE TO BLACK!!!

SensualReality

Mar 26, 2004
Tennessee
Occupation
high school student
Hello fam,I've been gone for a minute now I'm back with anotha hot one for you....Race...Ignorance...
You ever be in school and see this white boy or girl come through the halls with saggy pants,gold teeth,mass jewelry,cornrows,speaking with broken and improper english...and automatically assume that he or she is trying to act black?Well,I am a victim of this judgement call and now that I think about it I feel kinda itchy.My question basiclly is why do we relate ignorance to being black? :idea:

MrBlak

May 18, 2004
We get it becuase so many older people in the community do not know how to speak about being "black" without reference to white people. They constantly say "______ is for white people.....black people _______". That transfers down to the kids and has been for decades continuing the trend that anything that aint "hard" or immedeately recognized as something blacks do is "white". Being "white" means being a sell out. So when whites wanna be down, they go against what blacks stereotype as behaviour they should exhibit. So we got not only blacks, but other races beleiving a whole set of ideas on blackness that is false and based in stupidity and closed mindedness of parents and elders in the community.....the young ones are quicker to pick up the ball these days though rather than wait till they are grown and with kids to talk that "black" talk. They bring it to the school yard as soon as they can somewhat comprehend what mama is talking about with her friends.

SensualReality

Mar 26, 2004
Tennessee
Occupation
high school student
MrBlak

thanx for your response and you are so very true it starts in the home or around it.I just don't understand why we down grade ourselves like that.

blklespoet

Aug 18, 2004
I see these type of people in my school all the time. I really just don't pay them any attention. The reason why they relate that ignorance to being black is because that is how we are portrayed on tv (especially by our lovely channel BET). Plus all those fashion statements such as baggy pants, gold teeth, flashy jewlery, and the slang originated in the black communtiy and soon became nationwide through rap music. See these white kids see these rappers dressing and acting like that and think that its cool so of course they are going to imitate it. Just like in the 70s when whites were trying to sport Afro's like we were.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
chuck Black People Politics : President Trump's Policies As They Relate To This Nations Major Cities? Black People Politics 2
chuck Black People : Even The 'Old Dudes' Can Relate To This! Black People Open Forum 5
ckoolbreez Black People Politics : Mitt Romney: I Can Relate To Black People, My Ancestors Once Owned Slaves Black People Politics 25
Corvo Black Poetry : To relate Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : I can relate to "Sicko" the movie AACOOLDRE 0
W Black Poetry : Relate- sionship Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : GOD And Religion Does Not Relate Chief Elder Osiris 0
A Black People Politics : Years As An Outsider Give Barack Obama The Ability To Relate... Black People Politics 4
mistaliberator Black Poetry : CAN YOU RELATE (U) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 15
S Black Poetry : Something for some women to relate!!!!...(light hearted) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
S Black Poetry : Some thing for the women to relate...(light hearted) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
T Black Entertainment : Name some songs that you can relate to Black Entertainment 6
O Black Poetry : ReLaTe Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
B Black Poetry : (CYR) Can you relate? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
D Black Poetry : For ladies.. actually men can really relate! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
N Black Poetry : Shop Talk - (for my sistahs; can you relate)..... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 31
C Black People : I Have Risen Out From The Grave Of Self Ignorance And I Study Religion No More!!! Black People Open Forum 1
blazejay Black People : Is Ignorance The New Norm? Black People Open Forum 0
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Outlaw: Your Color Is Your Ignorance and Their Racism Plus Colorism Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Al D Black People : THE FACE OF HYPOCRISY, IGNORANCE AND DENIAL (A PALE-SKINNED MAN) Black People Open Forum 0
RAPTOR Black People : Dr. Boyce Watkins : Charles Barkley "An ungly combination between ignorance and arrogance" Black People Open Forum 12
Kemetstry Black Entertainment : RUPERT MURDOCH PROVES HIS IGNORANCE Black Entertainment 0
Destee Black People : Sincere Ignorance or Malicious Intent - How Do You Distinguish the Two? Black People Open Forum 17
Keita Kenyatta Black People : The Blame Game Through Ignorance Pt.2 Black People Open Forum 11
Keita Kenyatta Black People : The Blame Game Through Ignorance Pt. 1 Black People Open Forum 1
KaHotep Black Poetry : Shame and Ignorance Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
legit-writer Black People : Stupidity vs. Ignorance Black People Open Forum 9
chuck Black People : Ignorance Ain't 'Bliss'! Black People Open Forum 0
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Back When Ignorance Was Bliss...How Well I Remember! Black People Open Forum 1
Ankhur Black Spirituality Religion : Is Ignorance about Reigion, the New religion or the Opitate fo the Masses Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 6
Ankhur Black People : Is Ignorance realy all that Blissfull Black People Open Forum 9
ru2religious Black People : Pure Ignorance!!! We got to do better then this as a people!!! Black People Open Forum 100
Blackbird Black People : Slave Parenting? Low Expectations? Codified Ignorance and Foolishness Black People Open Forum 18
Destee Law Forum : Ignorance of the Law Does Not Excuse Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 65
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Mental Laziness Cause Ignorance Chief Elder Osiris 7
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : REMAINING STEADFAST IN THE MIDST OF AFRIKAN IGNORANCE Chief Elder Osiris 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : THE IGNORANCE OF THE AFRIKAN, CLAIMING TO BE INTELLIGENT Chief Elder Osiris 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : The Axis Of The Black Afrikan Mentality, Foolish, Ignorance, Divine Chief Elder Osiris 2
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : It Is Evil To Attempt To Dignify Ignorance Chief Elder Osiris 2
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Ignorance Is Black Folks Most Potent Enemy Chief Elder Osiris 0
N Black People : Is ignorance bliss? Black People Open Forum 17
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : ****! Ignorance is the only evil, The Only Pain There Is Chief Elder Osiris 3
T Black Poetry : ignorance Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 27
S Black People : Ignorance and Bigotry Black People Open Forum 7
ASHANTA Black People : Black Brothers Save Your Black Sons The Price Of Ignorance Is Death Black People Open Forum 0
P Black Poetry : Of The World -pt 5. Ignorance at Bliss (last pt.) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
D Black Entertainment : Is hip-hop breeding ignorance? Black Entertainment 11
triniti424 Black Poetry : Ignorance is BLISS :( Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 39
M Black Poetry : Ignorance Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
D Black Poetry : She Slits Her Wrist With Ignorance Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7