RELATE IGNORANCE TO BLACK!!!

Discussion in 'Black Teenagers - Teenz Exprezzed!' started by SensualReality, Aug 19, 2004.

1. SensualReality

SensualReality Well-Known Member MEMBER

high school student
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hello fam,I've been gone for a minute now I'm back with anotha hot one for you....Race...Ignorance...
    You ever be in school and see this white boy or girl come through the halls with saggy pants,gold teeth,mass jewelry,cornrows,speaking with broken and improper english...and automatically assume that he or she is trying to act black?Well,I am a victim of this judgement call and now that I think about it I feel kinda itchy.My question basiclly is why do we relate ignorance to being black? :idea:

2. MrBlak

MrBlak Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9
    We get it becuase so many older people in the community do not know how to speak about being "black" without reference to white people. They constantly say "______ is for white people.....black people _______". That transfers down to the kids and has been for decades continuing the trend that anything that aint "hard" or immedeately recognized as something blacks do is "white". Being "white" means being a sell out. So when whites wanna be down, they go against what blacks stereotype as behaviour they should exhibit. So we got not only blacks, but other races beleiving a whole set of ideas on blackness that is false and based in stupidity and closed mindedness of parents and elders in the community.....the young ones are quicker to pick up the ball these days though rather than wait till they are grown and with kids to talk that "black" talk. They bring it to the school yard as soon as they can somewhat comprehend what mama is talking about with her friends.

3. SensualReality

SensualReality Well-Known Member MEMBER

high school student
    Ratings:
    +2
    MrBlak

thanx for your response and you are so very true it starts in the home or around it.I just don't understand why we down grade ourselves like that.

4. blklespoet

blklespoet Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    I see these type of people in my school all the time. I really just don't pay them any attention. The reason why they relate that ignorance to being black is because that is how we are portrayed on tv (especially by our lovely channel BET). Plus all those fashion statements such as baggy pants, gold teeth, flashy jewlery, and the slang originated in the black communtiy and soon became nationwide through rap music. See these white kids see these rappers dressing and acting like that and think that its cool so of course they are going to imitate it. Just like in the 70s when whites were trying to sport Afro's like we were.

5. scrawnyscrub

scrawnyscrub New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    yah and just how black people imitated white culture in the in the 40's and 50's

6. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    ScrawnyScrub (interesting name):

In what way did blacks imitate white culture in the 1940s and 50s? You need to be more specific, and further develop your point. That is if you have a point, other than to make vain attempts to contradict what is being said.

7. Chucky

Chucky Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    That's tricknology.

8. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    great question !!!
    i'll give u an answer or my imput shortly

9. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    In my way i think itz just b/c of the fact that the white civilisation was growin' faster than the white one!It was so fast that when tryin' to compair bot of'em,for the white,the black didn't really have one!And all of it remain engraved in ther thought through centuries!They have a skimped mind (i mean both of'em)!Don't care about

10. blklespoet

blklespoet Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1

You may think that black imitated white culture in the 40s and 50s but they really just took it and made it better. See unlike whites blacks can take something and make it in their own style.