Black Spirituality Religion : Reincarnation

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by legit-writer, Sep 7, 2012.

1. legit-writer

legit-writer Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    I dated someone who believes in reincarnation and I have at times wondered if we were of a different species at one time and not know it. If a person truly indeed believes in reincarnation, does that necessarily imply they are an athiest, agnostic, or some other form of 'religion'?

2. Moon Child

Moon Child Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +279
    No, you don't have to subscribe to any specific religion or belief system to believe in reincarnation. However, those who do believe in Reincarnation tend to be either Hindu or Buddhists. Here is a link that may shed some light on it. I thought it was direct and straight to the point.

http://curiosity.discovery.com/question/religions-believe-reincarnation

3. Each1teach1

Each1teach1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986
    Religion doesnt have much to do with reincarnation not in the ancient world anyway. In the ancient world people knew even in early christians (as a matter of factly) that we reincarnate. Today there are phds, mds and the like who have devoted their lifes work to the study of reincarnation and Near Death Experiences (NDE) one of these researchers is the late Dr.Ian Stevenson. He compiled something like 20,000 accounts of Reincarnation stories as told by those who experienced them. Most people who readily recall these experiences are young children and they usually forget about it around the age of 7, probably because of all the new experiences of the present life. The experiences are usually documented with supported claims like this:

1. Mostly children who are usually very young and talk about it as soon as they can speak.
    2.They recall events,people and places from a past life.
    3. They can speak languages they have never been taught and should be foreign to them.
    4.The friends, family of the deceased often corroborate stories of the the person claiming to be the reincarnate of their relative.
    5. People who have these claims sometimes also show physical scars or pains from their death in the previous life, for instance a person may have a birthmark in the pattern of a bullet wound/stab wound in the same place they may have been shot/stabbed in a previous life.

4. SlickBeast

SlickBeast Well-Known Member MEMBER

Australia
    Programmer/Game developer
    Ratings:
    +361
    Reincarnation and atheism are not mutually exclusive as atheism is simply a lack of belief in a deity. Just like a theist can believe in evolution and an atheist not. But it would be rare for an atheist to believe in reincarnation as usually the type of people who are associated with atheism tend to be rational.

Carl Sagan wrote about those children remembering previous life and took them seriously. But I'm not sure I agree with Sagan here. Thorough scientific investigation will debunk reincarnation. I myself investigated reincarnation and haunted places ("guaranteed to find ghosts" according to some friends) during my "buddhist phase". All turned out to be a bunch of nonsense. No such thing as the paranormal, I concluded. Although I could still be wrong..

5. legit-writer

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    see? these are the kind of things i think of from time to time, but i keep it to myself most of the time because i don't want people thinking i am 'crazy' and pissing off super religious people speaking on it.

6. legit-writer

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    what about agnostic people? is it possible for them to believe in such?

7. legit-writer

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    also, do you guys think reincarnation is a satanic way of thinking?

8. Each1teach1

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986
    Agnostics havent made up their mind on God either way. The best way to put is they believe that God is unknown or unknowable. So whether they believe in reincarnation or not I dont know, no pun intended lol. They would say the same "cant confirm or deny that reincarnation exists. I beg to differ.

9. Each1teach1

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986
    Again I would say that satan and religion have absolutely nothing to do with the reincarnation experience on spiritual and physical level. Religion has a more mental affect that anything else which is why it is in my opinion not based in reality and extremely dangerous when it comes to spirituality and the effects of ones mental state on both the physical and spiritual plains. The reason I say this is based off the NDEs that I have researched. Firstly the vast majority that ive come across were positive they all had basically the same features floating away from the body, a tunnel with light at the end, seeing dead relatives, Meeting Buddah,Jesus, Moses or Allah, witnessing events during or just after their NDE that they could not have physically witnessed. In only one or two that I recall have folks reported going to hell. Notice that people of different faiths meet their respective prophets or Gods. What does that tell me? That its more than likely they are projections of the "light" or who they perceive "God" to be. I mean if there was one true God wouldnt we all meet the same one?? I think religion is only something were bound to on earth unless you are really really devoted to it and you actually project these "saints" in the here after.

In the topic of reincarnation the same is true, the only negative events recalled are those of the death stage during the past life or other past life events while in the physical state. Based on what I can gather from my research Ive come to the conclusion that we are all one with every force in the universe and there is no super being called GOD but rather aspects of God in individuals and the collection of all things and all knowledge in the universe can be liken to GOD as we describe it in language but there is no super being that sits and judges or observes, only a collective "super consciousness" If you will. The only other way I can describe it is the same way David Wilcock did. Its like everyone has a computer and can each be operated by the controller (bodies) but all those computers are hooked to one main terminal and cannot operate without being connected to that main terminal (a great soul, spirit, collective consciousness) I would end to say this Satan and God are projections of "operator" if you will. Most of us have been so brainwashed into modern thinking that we can unconsciously create situations in both life and death that are negative and prison like. In other words if a person is devout and believes they are not good enough and will go to hell whether consciously or subconsciously, guess where they will end up? In hell, whether it exists or not because they have created it. In other words thought is a force of creation, weve been fooled by the savages of the world to believe the opposite. It would also suffice to say that religion is both a physical and mental prison created for that exact purpose. Reincarnation and NDE research leans more to the likelihood that what we experience in death has no relation at all to what we believe in our physical lives either past or present.

10. SlickBeast

SlickBeast Well-Known Member MEMBER

Australia
    Programmer/Game developer
    Ratings:
    +361
    Well, from a strict christian POV everything not conforming to their narrow view of the world is satanic. Everybody will go to hell except them. Satan is like the big bogeyman they use to scare naive people with.