reincarnation

Discussion in 'Black Teenagers - Teenz Exprezzed!' started by tcr1223, Oct 24, 2005.

1. tcr1223

tcr1223 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    my boyfriend believes in reincarnation and it really bothers me because im saved and of course hes not and i know that you arent suppossed to date or marry someone whos not saved and last night i forgot how we got on the subject but he kept on asking questions that didnt make sense like .."if it rained for 40 days and nights where did all the water go?" and he jus believes that the bible is fiction but im stuck cuz i dont wanna leave him knowing that if he dies hes going to hell but i also know that by staying with him its not helping me grow

2. Akilles

Akilles Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    Sometimes we are not meant to be mates, just friends.

He's spiritual and your religious.

Vast difference.

Respect is highly demanded if you want to continue.

3. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    If you are an orthodox Christian, (a person who follows the Bible and believes that Christ is the ONLY way to heaven), then yes, you cannot date or marry a non-Christian.

If you believe in Christ while believing that other paths could lead to God, you are not an orthodox Christian thus it would be acceptable to date other faiths. In fact, there are Christians like my dad who even believe in reincarnation.

You need to ultimately decide where you stand on your faith and how you are going to practice it. If you truly believe he is going to hell, then you should not be dating him. If you do what will probably happen is that you will try to do everything you can to convert him which could put a damper on the relationship. You should be able to accept someone as they are completely... if you can't it's time to move on.

4. tcr1223

Ratings:
    +0
    you can only get into the kingdom of god through christ so thats the end of that and only there's only one path of salvation. How can u respect something that you know is wrong?

5. karmashines

Ratings:
    +19
    Then why is there still conversation about this? You obviously don't value his religious beliefs or even him as a human being because you think he is going to hell. And he ain't going to convert to your faith anytime soon.... most of us evil non-Christians are pretty secure in our beliefs.... we aren't going to change our position because Christians think we're going to hell. So to be true to your faith you must break up with him and go with someone who is 'saved.' Doing anything else is hypocritical.

Why be a Christian if you can't even follow the tenements of your own religion?!

6. tcr1223

Ratings:
    +0
    i value him as human being and no his not going to convert my faith anytime soon and im not sayin that unsaved people are evil im jus sayin that you need to at least be jesus before you completely turn away from...being christian isnt a religion its being Christ -like and the bible says you shouldnt date or marry someone who isnt saved because then you would be unevenly yolked but i aint going to get into all of that

7. Sodwn2earth

Sodwn2earth Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +3
    I agree with Akilles. You just gotta accept it and move along. No use in changing people who are stuck in their ways. It will only cause uncessesary conflict between the two of you.

8. tcr1223

Ratings:
    +0
    ok i get the part about jus being friends but u gotta understand that we living in the last days so even if we did just break up and was friends i would still try and get him saved because i dont want him to go to hell

9. karmashines

Ratings:
    +19
    If you really care about him, leave him alone and let him make his own decisions about spirituality. He doesn't need you or any other Christian to tell him what Christianity is about... it's all over the place in American culture, especially in the black community.

Besides, do you want someone to become a Christian because they were badgered to death about hell, or because they chose it out of their OWN geninue love for Christ?

10. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    Dear sister

As a Christian myself and I understand your dilemma. I also know what the word says about being unevenly yoked. If this man is not a Christian what is it about him that attracts you? Were you with him before you were saved? As a saved person myself it is just a fact that you will loose people your Christian journey. As Christians we must stop telling people they are going to Hell. To be honest we don't know what God's intentions are for a person. As long as there is breath in the body there is alway hope for salvation. This is true even if a person is in a vegetative state on the brink of death. This is why we interceed for others. The fact is we are all born in a spiritually dorment state. As we grow and learn our spirit is awakened. Even though our spirit is awake it doesn't mean that we have all the answers. Spiritual maturation is a life long process. I can tell you everything happens in your life prepares you for something else. Have you sat down and explained to him why you are a Christian and how you became saved? Have you explored the reason why you are a Christian and believe what you believe for yourself? I don't say this to break your faith but to help you equip yourself so that you can explain your faith as well as live it without question. Be in prayer for your boyfriend. Not for you would have him to be but what God would have him to be.

Peace sister...