Black People : Redefining Universal Beauty Standards...

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by spicybrown, Dec 28, 2006.

1. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    OK, this is an offshoot of the recent flood of 'beauty discussions'. Shouldn't the female physical beauty standard be based on:

Complexion (natural clear & clean skin)

Hygiene

Facial symmetry

Natural beauty (sans makeup, false hair, and provocative clothing)

Fertility

Physical fitness

These six attributes can be found in ALL races of women. Now I know some will comment on a woman's inner beauty being more important than her shell, but as far as attracting the opposite sex, it's the physical appearance which is appealing from the gate. I also feel it's not fair how the beauty standard is measured by a particular race's aesthetics. That's unfair 'competition' form the jump. Women are diverse, and unique in their own design. Aside from the brainwashing a lot of us succumb to, what would be compelling about (for example) a white or Asian (referencing those races, because they're usually revered regardless their "lack of" in other areas) woman who has rotten missing teeth, blotched uneven skin, and morbidly obese? Shouldn't REAL Women band together and redefine true physical beauty? Wouldn't this present a more fair and balanced platform from which women can be deemed attractive? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...but how can an 'eye' in its right mind stand to be endlessly blinded by false or superficial images of beauty? If I were a man, I'd be 'fed up' by now.

Peace

2. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    Peace

I feel it should be based on the Mind.........

not just the mind of the women, but the mind of the man as well when a Woman is in search!!