Black Entertainment : RED TAILS

peace

Me and my son saw it on Saturday night. It was a pretty good depiction of the stories i've heard from one of the former Tuskegee Airmen, Mr. Matthews. My son really enjoyed it and looked them up on his laptop when we got home to study more about them....:)

The only parts i didn't like (of course) was how they played up the part about the playboy (lightening i think his name was) and how he kept saying how beautiful this white woman was that waved to him from her rooftop as he flew by. This guy had been with all types of black woman, but when he finally finds a white girl SHE'S THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN HE'D EVER SEEN and even asked her to marry him. :eeek:

So he basically risked being kicked out for fighting the white boy for calling him the N word, but fell in love with the white woman whom he couldn't even understand her language.

Overall, it was intense. It took me a minute to realize that that was method man working on the planes.........lol

peace

I think it will gain momentum by this weekend. Here in NY we got hit with a snow storm friday night into saturday so i don't think many people were in the Movie going mood after digging themselves out... I almost didn't go myself, but decided to at the last minute and i'm glad i did.

LOL - I wasn't too surprised to see all the nosey @zz white people and their kids sitting there with their mouths wide open as if they still don't believe that story...

"...nosey @zz white people and their kids..."?
First, the majority of the money made on this movie is going to be made from White people. If none of those "...nosey @zz white people..." paid to see this movie, it would lose money and another film of this type would not be made for a long time.
I guess it's safe to say that you are a white boy!? :hi:

First, if you don't know what LOL means just ask!
Second, You are making an assumption about who the majority of people seeing this flick will be. In the theatre i was in the MAJORITY OF VIEWERS WERE BLACK!

Third,
Second, you are insulting folks who went out of their way, on a snowy, lousy day, to take their kids to a movie showcasing a lesser-known contribution of Black people to America and freedom in general. Parents and children will walk away with a greater appreciation of the contributions of Black Americans.
- you know those ******** don't appreciate a d@mn thing about any black contributions. As i already said, the looks on their faces said it all. THEY STILL DON'T BELIEVE THE STORY OF THE TUSKEGEE AIRMEN BECAUSE THIS SYSTEM WON'T ALLOW THEM TO! Some of them were even laughing during during the fighting scenes when one of the Black airmen lost control of their plane and went down. Someone in the theatre (might have been me i don't remember) even stood up and yelled out "that's not funny" and some other black people followed suit!

Third, try to drop the gratuitous insults. It accomplishes nothing but to illustrate the moral superiority of those who have not insulted you.
- MORAL SUPERIORIYTY? Keep it movin' white boy, you are way outta your league!

:bus:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back