Black Entertainment : RED TAILS / Black pride movie recruitment Prpaganda?

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by Ankhur, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014

Troops have returned from Iraq, but there are missions and troops in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Somalia, Kenya, Isreal, bases being built in South America, and what lloks like n impending war with Iran, so it seems odd for the timing of ths movie, obviously something about Black pride;The Tuskeegee Airmen

but that is how propaganda works;

hit you in the self esteem!

2. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,137
    sigh

There is a large chapter of Tuskegee Airmen in my city. They have wanted this movie made for at least two decades. Lucas couldnt get Hollywood money for this epic. He had to spend his own. This therefore, is NOT propoganda film. It is a long overdue celebration of a group of black heroes that never received their due. Everyone should go see this film, if only to make sure that their sequels are filmed, as well. Those men, who are in their 90s now, deserve no less

3. SlickBeast

SlickBeast Well-Known Member MEMBER

Australia
    Programmer/Game developer
    Ratings:
    +361
    Freaking awesome. Anything that promotes black self-esteem can only be good. This is a movie I must see.

4. blackisbeautiful

blackisbeautiful Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +77
    I have to agree with SlickBeast and Kemestry on this one. This seems like a beautiful movie that shows black men as heroes, and not a criminal or drug lord. I also like the historical setting.

But being that I haven't seen it yet, I'll have to wait until I get that opportunity before making a full opinion.

If the majority of Destee'ers feel that this movie is appropriate, we should support the writers and producers by selling it through affiliate marketing (when it gets released on video). We would then get a share of the pie while giving them more money to create more movies like this (hopefully).

5. Each1teach1

Each1teach1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986
  6. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    The verdict is in, a good movie to take the entire family,
    and something positive, not propaganda.

If Lucas spent his own on this then , he is someone to be commended, as his last Star Wars trilogy, was a big smack down to the Illuminati, and Neocon Global Hegemony!

7. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    12 January 2012 Last updated at 08:50 ET

George Lucas says Hollywood won't support black films‎

[​IMG] George Lucas has invested $93m (£60m) of his own money into the movie
    Director George Lucas says it took 20 years to get his latest film made, "because it's an all-black movie".
    Speaking on The Daily Show, Lucas said he had to self-fund Red Tails, the true story of a group of African-American pilots who fought in World War II.
    He claimed major film studios would not back the movie because "there's no major white roles in it at all".
    "I showed it to all of them and they said, 'No. We don't know how to market a movie like this,'" he said.
    "They don't believe there's any foreign market for it, and that's 60% of their profit," he added.
    Lucas co-wrote and produced Red Tails, which which was directed by Anthony Hemingway.
    It features several well-known names - including Oscar-winner Cuba Gooding Jr, Terence Howard and R&B star Ne-Yo - and shows how the pilots were segregated and kept on the ground for most of the war, until they were called up to fight for their country.
    The real-life airmen featured in the drama were given a Congressional Gold Medal by then-President George Bush in 2007.

'Invisible' audience
    Lucas put $58 million (37.8 million) of his own money into the movie. It will be released by his company Lucasfilm, and distributed by Twentieth Century Fox.

He is putting a further $35 million (£22.8 million) towards the distribution costs, said trade paper The Hollywood Reporter

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-16525977

8. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    I'm not interested.

Some day, Africans need to learn that fighting for Europeans is always against our interest.

Africans in America didn't mobilize when the Germans slaughtered us in Namibia, nearby the birthplace of humanity; but we're supposed to commemorate those who died protecting the slave trade wealth of Jews?

Forget about it.

There are Africans in the Congo right now, flying the American flag, as our children slave over the mineral wealth. Are these soldiers heroes too?

I do not watch Hollywood films and I do not celebrate imperialism.

This is another intergrationalist piece and our people still go along with it.

9. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    How is fighting
    Where you born in the USA? and how is fighting fascism, and Hitler who desired to wipe out all Africans , serving imperialism?

10. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    Frederick Douglass wrote about how the enslaved of one plantation would debate with the enslaved of another plantation on whose "master" was better.

Brother--don't fight for either.

The only good ******* is a dea--cheese *******. :)