Red-Black-Green and Gold-Baiting/Anti-Islam/Anti-Arabism

abdurratln

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 27, 2007
Dear Africans,

First andf foremost, we all need to be aware that there are nearly or about 1.5 billion Muslisms in the world today. This places Islam among the top two-three religions in, if not the number one. This is nearly 15% of the world's popualtion. Therefore, at a minimum, civilzied media ought to have respect for Islam as a legitimate religion.

That being said, I want to be among the first to say that American so-called Muslims have given Islam a bad name in this country. This is is why I try to be patient and understnding when I find my fellow Africans not appreciating the beauty and greatness of Islam.

My main purpose in coming on the internet is to communicate with my brothers and sisters all over the world. The message that I seek to bring is unity. This means advocting unity between Chrisitians and Muslims, and eventually Jews, too. At the same time, I am aware that there has been a long, long history of Islam being abused by non-Muslims. It is , therefore, underable that so many African Christians have adopted ideologies that are hostile to Islam and to Muslims. However, as advocates of unity/Pan-Africanism, we find such ideologies quite un-acceptable among Africans. This is a European war. We do not have a dog in that fight. For the sake of the best interests of future generations of Africans, we must seek ideologies of unity.

Asisde from the abuse and dis-respect of Islam as a religion, there is much dis-respect of Pan-Africanism and its advocate. Too many Africans are quick to complain about being "red-baited". At the same time, they seem to expect us accept attacks about the Colors of the African Revolution. In fact, too many of us do not even know what the Colors of the African Revolution are. For the record, they are: the Red, Black, Green and Gold. Do not insult Pan-Africanism or the African Revolution from a Red position, and expect no response.

Together, Red, Black Green and Gold-baiting and anti-Islam/anti-Arab-baiting creates a hostile environment for Afican Nationalist and fro Muslims, not to mention Arabs. This could very well constitute violations of civil and other rights of members.

I greet you with the Ancient Words of Peace:

As-Salam Alaikum.

abdurratln said:
Dear Africans,

First andf foremost, we all need to be aware that there are nearly or about 1.5 billion Muslisms in the world today. This places Islam among the top two-three religions in, if not the number one. This is nearly 15% of the world's popualtion. Therefore, at a minimum, civilzied media ought to have respect for Islam as a legitimate religion.

That being said, I want to be among the first to say that American so-called Muslims have given Islam a bad name in this country. This is is why I try to be patient and understnding when I find my fellow Africans not appreciating the beauty and greatness of Islam.

My main purpose in coming on the internet is to communicate with my brothers and sisters all over the world. The message that I seek to bring is unity. This means advocting unity between Chrisitians and Muslims, and eventually Jews, too. At the same time, I am aware that there has been a long, long history of Islam being abused by non-Muslims. It is , therefore, underable that so many African Christians have adopted ideologies that are hostile to Islam and to Muslims. However, as advocates of unity/Pan-Africanism, we find such ideologies quite un-acceptable among Africans. This is a European war. We do not have a dog in that fight. For the sake of the best interests of future generations of Africans, we must seek ideologies of unity.

Asisde from the abuse and dis-respect of Islam as a religion, there is much dis-respect of Pan-Africanism and its advocate. Too many Africans are quick to complain about being "red-baited". At the same time, they seem to expect us accept attacks about the Colors of the African Revolution. In fact, too many of us do not even know what the Colors of the African Revolution are. For the record, they are: the Red, Black, Green and Gold. Do not insult Pan-Africanism or the African Revolution from a Red position, and expect no response.

Together, Red, Black Green and Gold-baiting and anti-Islam/anti-Arab-baiting creates a hostile environment for Afican Nationalist and fro Muslims, not to mention Arabs. This could very well constitute violations of civil and other rights of members.

I greet you with the Ancient Words of Peace:

As-Salam Alaikum.

Abdurratln ... Peace and Blessings.

You posted this in the Management, Rules & Violators Forum ... is this an official complaint?

If so, i don't understand what happened wrong, please tell me more. If not, i can easily move this thread for you.

Just let me know.

:heart:

Destee

Destee said:
Abdurratln ... Peace and Blessings.

You posted this in the Management, Rules & Violators Forum ... is this an official complaint?

If so, i don't understand what happened wrong, please tell me more. If not, i can easily move this thread for you.

Just let me know.

Destee

Essentially the problem is something like this: I think we can all agree that to insult a person on the basis of race is inappropriate. This sort of thing is simply not tolerated in civilized society. By the same token, we ought to avoid insulting people on the basis of ethnicity. Furhtermore, it would be far from us to insult, say, Jews. Yet w, Muslim on this Forum tolerate insults all of the time against Islam. And, we avoid responding in kind by insulting people on the basis of their Chriastian identities.

Then, there is the ideologial problem. I have no problem with people disagreeing with me. In fact, I have called for a political front. A political front by definition unite people who dis-agree. My position is to avoid public airing of those dis-agreements. However, I cannot publically accept distortions of our official ideology which is Pan-Africanism.

But, what worries me most is this: there is far too much war mongering going on among Africans. This is a very savage and war-like country. War is Amaerican culture. But, it seems to me that we as Africans ought to avoid war mongering against any member-state of the African Union. That ought to be automatic. There ought not be any wiggle room at all to allow for the so-called "Arab" issue. If the country is a member-state of the African Union, it seems to me, that every African is duty bound to defend that state aagainst foreign aggression. Period. We Africans can solve our own probelms. We simply do not need outsiders inferfering in our business, our affairs. Period.

This is a far more delicate issue. All of the issues mentioned here can be, and have been, combined to create some rather embarassing situations for us all. By us all, I mean Africans in America. To be quite blunt, Osagyefo married His Excellency Gamal Abd el-Nasser's daughter. They had children. These children live under the protection of the Egyptian government and state. At least one is a citizen of Egypt. Therefore to insult or to embarass any descedant of His Excellency is to embarass the Egyptian government and state.

We are no longer little children wondering in the wilderness. Africa has governments. As Africans, we have responsibilities to respect this reality. In other words, we may not like Osagyfo on the personal level. But, we must become aware that to embarass his descendants is to undermine the Egyptian government, humiliate the Egyptian government and embarass the Egyptian government.

That being said, I have little evidence that destee.com is guilty of embarasssing His Excellency's family. But, there are forums who have done so. In fact, I consider the matter such a major concern that I am preparing to issue a public apology to His Excellency's family, the United Arab Republic of Egypt and the whole Arab Nation.

Need I say more?

abdurratln said:
Essentially the problem is something like this: I think we can all agree that to insult a person on the basis of race is inappropriate. This sort of thing is simply not tolerated in civilized society. By the same token, we ought to avoid insulting people on the basis of ethnicity. Furhtermore, it would be far from us to insult, say, Jews. Yet w, Muslim on this Forum tolerate insults all of the time against Islam. And, we avoid responding in kind by insulting people on the basis of their Chriastian identities.

Then, there is the ideologial problem. I have no problem with people disagreeing with me. In fact, I have called for a political front. A political front by definition unite people who dis-agree. My position is to avoid public airing of those dis-agreements. However, I cannot publically accept distortions of our official ideology which is Pan-Africanism.

But, what worries me most is this: there is far too much war mongering going on among Africans. This is a very savage and war-like country. War is Amaerican culture. But, it seems to me that we as Africans ought to avoid war mongering against any member-state of the African Union. That ought to be automatic. There ought not be any wiggle room at all to allow for the so-called "Arab" issue. If the country is a member-state of the African Union, it seems to me, that every African is duty bound to defend that state aagainst foreign aggression. Period. We Africans can solve our own probelms. We simply do not need outsiders inferfering in our business, our affairs. Period.

This is a far more delicate issue. All of the issues mentioned here can be, and have been, combined to create some rather embarassing situations for us all. By us all, I mean Africans in America. To be quite blunt, Osagyefo married His Excellency Gamal Abd el-Nasser's daughter. They had children. These children live under the protection of the Egyptian government and state. At least one is a citizen of Egypt. Therefore to insult or to embarass any descedant of His Excellency is to embarass the Egyptian government and state.

We are no longer little children wondering in the wilderness. Africa has governments. As Africans, we have responsibilities to respect this reality. In other words, we may not like Osagyfo on the personal level. But, we must become aware that to embarass his descendants is to undermine the Egyptian government, humiliate the Egyptian government and embarass the Egyptian government.

That being said, I have little evidence that destee.com is guilty of embarasssing His Excellency's family. But, there are forums who have done so. In fact, I consider the matter such a major concern that I am preparing to issue a public apology to His Excellency's family, the United Arab Republic of Egypt and the whole Arab Nation.

Need I say more?

Abdurratln ... i'm glad that you have little evidence of us being guilty of embarrassing His Exellenecy's Family .. but even if someone did say such, it's not a rule violation ... unless a Member of the Family is here, and feels personally attacked.

I don't know how you're going to legislate what folk say, as it's more than a notion, but good luck!

If you do have a complaint, with evidence ... or need our help in some other way ... let us know.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

Destee said:
Abdurratln ... i'm glad that you have little evidence of us being guilty of embarrassing His Exellenecy's Family .. but even if someone did say such, it's not a rule violation ... unless a Member of the Family is here, and feels personally attacked.

I don't know how you're going to legislate what folk say, as it's more than a notion, but good luck!

If you do have a complaint, with evidence ... or need our help in some other way ... let us know.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

We are not even imaging "legislating" freedom of the press.... But, when I first became active on this forum I was told repeatedly to repect others. The problem I am having is that I am not convinced that others respect me as a Muslim.

As for those who are not members, let me say this. I am concerned about the African Nation. At this point in time, the African Union represents the African Nation as the preeminant institution among us. I know that this is all new to you as it is to me and the rest of us. But, it is my opinion that each and every one of us must learn to repect and defend our institutions. That is not to say that instituions should not be discussed and criticized. But, they should be respected. Simply stated, the Islamic Republic of Sudan is a member-state of the African Union. If some one is fool enough to publicly call for foreign intervention in Sudan, I would not advocate censoring him, necessarily. However, I, for one, will not let that pass without the most severe response. I have just called those types of Africans, fools. I have a few other choice words for them. The important thing is that we defend African institutions.

I am saying this to you as a friend. I have learned through hard experience that many of us are just insensitive to this reality. I am calling your attention to it so that you can be more on the look out. There are problems out here. Many of these provocatuers are probably not even Africans. They come around for the sole purpose of causing problems. Then, they go back and say, "See America's Blacks do not like Arabs". It is simply divide and conquer.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back