Black People : Recognizing the patterns of destabilization,from Afruaka to Compton....

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by I-khan, Jul 23, 2006.

1. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    There is ALOT of data to be put in this thread that I will add in over time since my own time is on a certain schedule (or not since "they" are always watching) and I am asking any of you to add in what you may know....

A pattern exists that some of us have recognized,that pattern deals with how the "elite" (ie the "man", white insecurity establishment,etc) deal with our possible revolutions and building as a people.The focus here will be how they go about destroying it, I will begin the posts and add in as time goes on...

PATTERN #1
    IN AFRUAKA:The infamous Somalia military operation of 1993, popularly depicted in the Philadelphia Inquirer series (and subsequent Hollywood film) "Blackhawk Down," was not a humanitarian mission, but an undeclared UN/US war launched by the George H.W. Bush adminstration, and inherited by the Clinton presidency. The operation was spearheaded by Deputy National Security Adviser Jonathan Howe (who remained in charge of the UN operation after Clinton took office), and approved by Colin Powell, then head of the Joint Chiefs.
    http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=CHI20060527&articleId=2524

In Aztlan (america):The C.I.A. was working extremely close with the Contras, and the U.S. Special Forces were providing extraordinary aid to them. Declassified documents reveal that tons of cocaine was sold to street gangs in Los Angeles and funneled millions in drug profits to the CIA-backed Nicaraguan Contras. Your neighborhood street gang then funneled that crack throughout your hood, ingrained it into the culture and local economy of the hood.
    (excerpt taken from an essay by a character named NERO that I found from a link on the website:http://moorunity.ghostchild.com/index.php/topic,46.0.html,
    that website is down for some reason..I take no credit for the essay itself)

What is the pattern? It is a pattern of "them" shipping items (whether they be guns or drugs) into our communities to make their own profit (drug dealers get enslaved by contemporary day methods in prison and the puppets for the "west" in afruaka sell "them" the natural resources). The war was launched on our people all over the world a long time ago to keep us from organizing and uplifting our own......to keep us dependent on "them" to be there for us.....

to be cont.

2. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

Question: What is the pattern?

Some folks won't like this response but it's been on my mind for quite some time watching this situation develop in the "middle east" and reading another forum here. It's also based on some personal experience and observations from working within "the system" of public mis-education.

The pattern:

Willie Lynch "syndrome" outlines how this was to be done but it is not new. Think back to "Egypt" and the relationship between "Cleopatra" and 1) Mark Anthony and 2) Julius Caesar by which the Romans gained the "upper hand".

Modern correlation. Think George Bush and Condoleeza Rice. In both instances "Black women" were/are used as titulary "heads of state" or emissaries to reinforce the power of white men, oppressing and exploiting other people of color in the process...

This came to mind the other day watching a Trinity Broadcast of an old film starring Gina Lolabridgida as the Queen of Sheba and Yul Brynner as King Solomon. Even though the characters were white the "symbolism" of this film was striking...

Working for years in a school system and watching Black MALE administrators come under attack and eventually become replaced by Black and other women (white and latino), then dealing in the school system and watching the gender gap widen along with the "achievement gap", being at times the lone Black male in leadership positions and dealing at the same time with a lack of support and at times straight up contention with Black women bent on furthering their own careers I decided twenty years of this was enough and retired but now am looking at the reality of most likely having to seek employment as an educator, but now for lesser pay.

On Television earlier sunday night was a program on Nightline, filmed in Jackson, MS. It very interestingly showed the lives of several Black youth, male and female and how they are faring in the school system. One key point was that 45% of Black males are dropping out of school by the 10th grade and in some areas that figure is higher and less than 45% are graduating.

Now what most recently has occured is that fewer Black women are going into the teaching profession and the teaching ranks are estimated at 85% white WOMEN, particularly in predominately Black schools, many of which are turning "multi-ethnic" with declining Black student populations.

So, when speaking of "dependency" WHO is there, in the Black community, working DAILY among Black youth, to teach them to THINK INDEPENDENTLY and OUTSIDE of the same capitalist framework which is responsible for their marginalized position in society???

3. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    YOU!

But I'm not sure that seeking to get back to work inside of the system is gonna do much more than to continue the reinforcement of that same capitalistic framework, eh?

Did you say that you have some land that you might have wondered about "repurposing"? (You may very well have not mentioned "repurposing", explicitly, but do I not recall something of the sort during a discussion on "repurposing" warehouses or something? [I actually have a rough drawn "blueprint" for a multi-featured training facility that a NAMI member drew up when I was introducing the community (Bellingham, WA) to the idea of a "consumer driven pyschosocial rehabilition" facility.])

Aye; "thinking independently" is the key to EVERYTHING!!

4. I-khan

Ratings:
    +47
    As AnAfrican stated you may be doing so but while doing it do not forget the "starving "victim" theory, ie give the "real deal" to them a piece at a time and not to much,later on they willl see the bigger picture....

Not to change the subject, but this is a tangent I think that is to important to overlook now.......
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5RQrxkGgCM

House Rejects Net Neutrality
    http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...earch_v ideos

I am not a teacher but I have experienced some black females who are "honor students" outright dissent for my character.Is there a connection or just another effect of the system?

UNTIL I began to hang around my grandparents.... they set mi

5. I-khan

Ratings:
    +47
    THE HOUSE NEGRO VS THE FIELD NEGRO?

In this day and age Malcolm X's idea of the "house negro" and "field negro" are very applicable to some of the peoples we may recognize as freedom fighters when they may actually be puppets of some sort making someone re-think their position on that persons acheivements.....

For this pattern you can go all the way back to slavery days, but I will start in the 20th century for the sake of brevity......
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    PATTERN #2

IN AFRUAKA AND AZTLAN:NAACP Withheld Crucial Report on Zimbabwe Elections
    By Jonathan Springston and Matthew Cardinale, Atlanta Progressive News (April 21, 2006)
    http://www.atlantaprogressivenews.com/news/0046.html

(APN) ATLANTA “ The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) has been sitting on an explosive report showing Zimbabwe's 2002 elections were free and fair, Atlanta Progressive News has learned.

"In sum, we are confident in spite of... long lines... the elections afforded the people of Zimbabwe an opportunity to exercise their constitutional right," the report, which was reviewed by Atlanta Progressive News, stated at the conclusion of its Executive Summary.

"At stake is malnutrition to the point of death," Rev. Mmoja Ajabu told Atlanta Progressive News. Ajabu is a member of a local branch of the NAACP in Athens, Georgia, which has called for the NAACP to release the report publicly.

An NAACP spokesperson told Atlanta Progressive News that the report was never intended for external use. NAACP Chairman Julian Bond did not respond to requests for comment.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    In AZTLAN:Naacp Partnership With Fbi; Military Intelligence

The Military Intelligence campaign was spearheaded by the prominent NAACP founder and leader Joel E. Spingarn who enlisted the support of Emmett Scott (Booker T. Washington's former chief assistant) and the NAACP's Du Bois in speedily calling a preemptive June Editors Conference of more moderate leaders to undermine the Liberty Congress and support President Woodrow Wilson's war effort. During this period Du Bois attempted to secure a commission in Military Intelligence (that branch of government which monitored radicals and the African American community) and wrote what was probably the most controversial editorial of his life-"Close Ranks"-which appeared in the July 1918 issue of the Crisis. It urged African Americans, "while this war lasts," to "forget our special grievances and close ranks shoulder to shoulder with our own white fellow citizens and allied nations that are fighting for democracy."41

seperate excerpt:The NAACP, under the direction of Du Bois and Spingarn [a white Jew], initiated a campaign they called "Marcus Garvey Must Go" and actually held public meetings designed to stir up anti-Garvey sentiment among Black people. In May of 1924, the Crisis printed Du Bois' opinion that "Marcus Garvey is, without doubt, the most dangerous enemy of the Negro race in America and in the world," and referred to Garvey as a "little, fat, black man; ugly, but with intelligent eyes and a big head."

Du Bois led eight negro members of the NAACP in sending a letter to the U.S. Attorney General, asking that he "use his full influence completely to disband and extirpate this vicious movement" and that he "vigorously and speedily push the government's case against Marcus Garvey..." Garvey accurately called the letter "the greatest bit of treachery and wickedness that any group of Negroes could be capable of." Du Bois' criticism is all the more detestable because while Garvey was exhorting Blacks to build a nation--"Up you mighty race!"--Du Bois' white NAACP boss, Oswald Garrison Villard, was telling negro businessmen that "I cannot think of anything that would more quickly raise the Negro race in the white man's opinion than honest and efficient domestic service."

seperate excerpt:Thurgood Marshall and the FBI

IN THE controversy surrounding the revelation that former NAACP leader Thurgood Marshall regularly pro vided information to the FBI, a column which appeared in the December 10 New York Times is particularly significant.

The article, written by Denton L. Watson, a former public relations director for the NAACP, is an exercise in red-baiting worthy of the crudest of Cold War witch hunters. It says a great deal about the political role played and social interests served by the NAACP, both past and present

Tony Martin, Race First: The Ideological and Organizational Struggles of Marcus Garvey and the Universal Negro Improvement Association (Dover, MA: Majority Press, 1976), p. 192. Garvey, Philosophy and Opinions of Marcus Garvey (Dover, MA: Majority Press, 1986), vol. 2, p. 310. See also Du Bois, "A Lunatic or a Traitor," Crisis, May 1924, pp. 8-9. Quoted in Philosophy and Opinions, vol. 2, pp. 294-300. See Martin, Race First, p. 327. See also Wilson Record, "Negro Intellectual Leadership in the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People: 1910-1940," Phylon 17, no. 4 (1956): 385-86: "It was the Negro intellectuals who, among others, were responsible for securing Garvey's indictment and conviction" The "wicked" and "malicious" negroes who signed the libelous letter, and who, by so doing, "wr[ote] their names down everlastingly as enemies of their own race," were Harry H. Pace, Robert S. Abbott, John E. Nail, Dr. Julia P. Coleman, William Pickens, Chandler Owen, Robert W. Bagnall, and George W. Harris.[Also, read Prof. Martin's 1998 deconstruction of the stateside Tom, Henry Louis Gates]

sources:

http://www.blackcommentator.com/191/...cox_guest.html
    http://www.sdonline.org/34/jeffrey_perry_3.htm
    http://www.blacksandjews.com/Martin....l#anchor109673

-------------------------------------------------------
    The pattern here is an obvious one.....use those of us who are not really about true liberation and want to keep the massa's house clean against those of us who want to burn it down so we can finally be free.........

6. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Unfortunately, some "prospects" did not materialize so I had to "liquidate" some assets and am now in Oklahoma (as I am typing, at a hotel in Shawnee) scouting some new territory near the old "homeland" of Boley (actually somewhere near Boley, OKC, Tulsa and Stroud), back in the area of the Creek and Seminole Nations. At present, I am putting this "prospecting" ahead of job hunting which may be a tactical error on my part, in the short term, but the long range benefit is worth the risk. The thing that is tripping me out is my family moved from Boley, which now has a major correctional facility adjacent to the family "township" and the area in California they moved to north of Bakersfield (Wasco) also has a correctional facility as the "major industry". Similar to Quantanimo and what the us military did in Panama near the mostly Black district there and in Nicaragua (Bluefields). I haven't been to the area claimed by the Wa****a Nation and the Nuwabbians but I can't help but wonder if prisons/correctional facilites have also built adjacent to these Black "nations". This is just another pattern I am noticing as I travel across this country, especially in the southern states.

7. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    "I am not a teacher but I have experienced some black females who are "honor students" outright dissent for my character. Is there a connection or just another effect of the system?"

Yes, there is a connection in regards to SOME black fmales and it is another effect of the system, an adaptation, I believe, as previously stated, a "pattern" which means it has been repeated in a cyclical maner and are not simply isolated evets but a series of events which occur out of a design of the system's construct. I think best to leave it at tat because I dont want to be accused of "bashing" anyone which is why I previously stated this was an obseration based on experience and I almost fell victim to this but was able to "manipulate the system" (temporarily) in order to work efectively in a leadership position.

8. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Interesting because today Tom Joyner's Morning Show featured an on-air interview with Benjamin Hooks who had praise for george bush's recent meeting with the naacp leadership.

9. I-khan

Ratings:
    +47
    BUMP.......

are yall sleepin out there? it seems as if me and omowalejabali are the only ones who care..... I will post another part of this later but if we(those of us with the resources to pass on to others) do not learn our lessons from ourstory on how we treat each other and "other" people than that may lengthen the time that we have until some real change is put in place..

10. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Brother I-khan,

Dont sweat it!!

OVERstand how "we" got to the point where we are, and how those "patterns" tend to repeat themselves, Ourstorically!

Study and learn from those lessons. And I have a task for you that will blow your mind. As I suggested to you before, start within YOUR of family. I say this because this is what I have done and what I continue to do. Each day leads to unlocking another door to the past-present-future. Since it has been suggested that I am a "revisionist" I am turning that into a positive. I can not "revise" what has not been written (in the context of my personal family history) except to correct the erros others have made. My task is basically to write that which has not been written!

Where do I start. Let's say "Starting Over".

I did a websearch tonight on "free Black slaveowners in Missouri" and got a link to an article entitled "Free Black Slaveowners in South Carolina"

This information I have known for some time but have elected not to present it before. I knew of my own family "Story" in Louisiana and their role in the cultivation of sugar cane. I was researching one branch of my father's family tonight which led me to what I have been looking for since 1988. My family roots/ ties to Dallas. Which led me to Missouri then back to earlier roots in South Carolina.

Brother, before we spend anymore time blaming the "system" or the "white man" please search this topic. It is MIND BLOWING!!

You know, a lot of Black family researchers automatically go to the 1870 census records, after the civil war. Research the 1790 records thenn go to 1830. "According to the federal census of 1830, free blacks owned more than 10,000 slaves in Louisiana, Maryland, South Carolina and Virginia."

"The majority of black masters had not been slaves themselves."

"Descendants of mulatto slaveowners who were intermarried with Indians often rejected their African ancestry and passed as free indians, which allowed them to avoid paying the "state capitation tax" that all free blacks were required to pay and they were permitted to give sworn testimony in court litigations concerning the race of other Indian-blooded blacks."

Folks talk about the "one drop rule" but check this:

"In South Carolina, the courts decided that 1/4 to 1/8 Negro ancestry (oor three generations) would make a person WHITE"....not Black, white....!

Brother, I have written concerning how their were "Black" "moors" in southern EUROPE (not north africa!) who were the illegitimate sons and daughters of even one of the de Medici popes and these "Black europeans" CONTROLLED the banking, shipping and commerce in the "Basque countries", Florence, and Milan PRIOR to the trans-atlantic trade and historian J.A. Rogers mentions this in several of his books WITH GRAPHIC ILLUSTRATIONS.

WE need to take a harder look at Our SELVES and how WE got Our SELVES in the present situation that WE are in, and try to take "yt" out of the picture, and things get clearer!

Hotep~!

(Read my response to your "request" and this is what I suggest as a starting point for an in-depth "study group"....and when you are ready, let me know because I have another idea in regards to the concept of an "Oracle")